Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Get Ready! "Up All Night: A Technopagan Winter Solstice" 2011 edition, coming soon  (Read 13466 times)

Wanderer894

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Ignostic Pagan/Way of the Dragonfly
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Quote from: Melamphoros;34821
They don't reshow it because none of the characters in Dark Shadows sparkle.  That and the only time they would show it (middle of the day) conflicts with the hours more junior high/high schools operate.

Not that I'm bitter at vampires being reduced to something to make adolescent girls' panties get moist or anything....:56:

I share your bitterness.  I suppose I can be grateful they haven't mangled werewolves in quite the same . . . oh wait, they already have.

Dark Shadows, Wonder Woman reruns, MST3K, the Phatasm series, Hellraiser . . . and now the best part about SyFy for me is AniMondays and maybe the occasional showing of Dog Soldiers or some other decent-enough movie.
I love a good metallurgical take on the phrase "What the F---?"

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Quote from: Melamphoros;34821
They don't reshow it because none of the characters in Dark Shadows sparkle.  

Snort.  I really need to write a parody novel in which the running jokes is a vampire became sparkly as the result of an explosion of a glue factory that took out a neighboring warehouse filled with glitter.  Because there are no other circumstances in which vampires should sparkle. Period.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

DragonDaughter

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: Aisling;35301
Snort.  I really need to write a parody novel in which the running jokes is a vampire became sparkly as the result of an explosion of a glue factory that took out a neighboring warehouse filled with glitter.  Because there are no other circumstances in which vampires should sparkle. Period.

Aisling... I think you are my hero right now. :lub:
"Bug f*ck nuts" should NOT be the answer when one questions their own sanity.:rolleye::

Owner of sharp claws, and a sharper tongue... Beware the snark factor :dwink:

victoreia

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: disorganized something
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Quote from: DragonDaughter;35311
Aisling... I think you are my hero right now. :lub:

Apparently, George Takei is having a contest for a logo for his "Star Alliance" and "The Twilight Wars". One of the three finalists has a subtitle "Vampires suck. They don't sparkle."
Do. Or do not. There is no try.  --Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

We are star stuff. We are the universe, made manifest. --Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5

Mind how you go. -- Granny Weatherwax

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Quote from: SunflowerP;34739
Missed it?  You started it:D:!  (Though it was longer ago than I thought - yet another feature of aging!)

Sunflower

Now, see? Therein lies the greatest proof of my brain function deteriorating with age!

Very excited that the solstice is almost upon us!
(Though my office's holiday party is tonight, which means boozing and staying up late tonight...which will leave me a mess for staying up all night tomorrow night. This will be painful; I'm going to need you guys to stay awake!)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;34817
I missed the SciFi Channel's rerun (except for a few episodes), although can't remember why now. Probably a work schedule conflict. I'm surprised it isn't reshow more often given the market for such shows now.

They ran it in the middle of the day; that's probably why you missed it. The only reason I caught it was that I set my VCR (it was VCRs back in those days) to catch it on a daily basis, then watched it when I got home from work.

With the big-screen remake (directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas!) heading to theaters this spring, I share your surprise.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Libelle

• View Profile
Quote from: Altair;32901

So...who's up for it this year?

I'll be here for most of it! I've got a 7 am-7 pm shift on the 21st.  And a 9 am - 11 am the following morning, so I'll need to nap.  

Quote from: RandallS;34529
The assassination of President Kennedy. (I was in first grade.)

*raises hand*  Third grade for me.

Quote from: Altair;34683

A good example of the latter for my generation: Dark Shadows.

Every day, at my girlfriend's dipping buttered toast in hot cocoa....

Quote from: Altair;35526

With the big-screen remake (directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas!) heading to theaters this spring.......

Interesting......I've not heard about this!   *tries to picture JDepp as Barnabas*
Formerly known as SilentEcho

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: Altair;35526
They ran it in the middle of the day; that's probably why you missed it.

That would probably be it.

With the big-screen remake (directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas!) heading to theaters this spring, I share your surprise.

Lyric and I are looking forward to this. Me because it's Dark Shadows. Lyric because it's Johnny Depp. ;)
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

R03e

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Quote from: Juni;32904
How about sharing songs or videos that get us in the spirit?

It is super easy! As someone mentioned (I think Fier?) now would be a good time for anyone interested in joining in the MUX fun to request an account, so Randall has time to make them.

I will definitely be in MUX- chatting keeps me awake better than thread-stalking.

Me! I'm really looking forward to it. :)

That sounds like an awesome idea. I love sharing songs. I got a bunch of songs not just for Christmas, but a few pagan/Celtic music.  I really don't know many recipes, but I just made up [pizzadiazs I will explain on the actual thread.
R03e

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
Quote from: Altair;32901

The thread is up!

Tags: