collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2019  (Read 11673 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2019
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2019, 07:01:53 am »

Hm, I thought I'd finally get around to posting some of the 13 or so draft posts I've got waiting over night last night, but only managed the one in the end.  Ah well.

Altair, you didn't doze at the very last moment did you?  ;)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; CoX; Etc.
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, she, they
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2019, 07:14:03 am »
I can see the sun starting to peek over the horizon! Hail hail, the longest night is over!

Golden light visible through the bathroom window, room full of dozing children, and I am punchy as anything and falling over.  Hey look, I made it!

(I hardly ever make it.)

Bed now.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2019, 07:21:00 am »
Altair, you didn't doze at the very last moment did you?  ;)

Nope! Still up; in fact, I'm out and about, walking to the East River to watch the sunrise (officially right now, but because of the buildings on the horizon, apparent sunrise is still a few moments away)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2019, 07:23:29 am »
Good grief, what is this 5:30 you speak of, I've never heard of it before!  But seriously, I do wish I could be awake to greet the sunrise - hope you enjoy yours, when it arrives tomorrow.

The soft glow of the rising sun is appearing on the eastern horizon as I type this. The sun will soon be up here in Youngstown.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2019, 07:25:21 am »
Golden light visible through the bathroom window, room full of dozing children, and I am punchy as anything and falling over.  Hey look, I made it!

(I hardly ever make it.)

Bed now.

Congratulations - sleep well.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2019, 07:25:39 am »
Nope! Still up; in fact, I'm out and about, walking to the East River to watch the sunrise (officially right now, but because of the buildings on the horizon, apparent sunrise is still a few moments away)

Nice!
(From the Metta Sutta)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2019, 07:40:47 am »
The soft glow of the rising sun is appearing on the eastern horizon as I type this. The sun will soon be up here in Youngstown.

No soft glow here, but the clouds are getting a little lighter and brighter.  Congrats to everyone who stayed up to keep the world going through the longest night!
"All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want.
But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them."
~Neil Gaiman,
American Gods

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2019, 07:44:51 am »
No soft glow here, but the clouds are getting a little lighter and brighter.  Congrats to everyone who stayed up to keep the world going through the longest night!

I stayed up the latest ever, although there were still nearly four hours to go till sunrise. Setting up my first attempt at a bullet journal and you lot on Discord helped!
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2019, 07:49:07 am »
I stayed up the latest ever, although there were still nearly four hours to go till sunrise. Setting up my first attempt at a bullet journal and you lot on Discord helped!

You did better than me, good going.
(From the Metta Sutta)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2019, 07:51:20 am »
Hey look, I made it!

(I hardly ever make it.)

Congratulations, Darkhawk!

Being one of the most northerly (in NAmerica) Cauldronites, and well to the west, I still have almost three hours to go, but as befits one who spent the first several hours of UAN not up, I'm still going strong.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2019, 07:56:08 am »
Mine is kind of a scaled-up version of a recipe I found in one of my cookbooks. The original didn't say anything about aging the nog, but I found some info during a search which suggested that aged egg nog might taste better (plus the rum would help kill off any bacteria lurking, though this step seems to be more common with uncooked egg nog).

2 eggs
2 cups of milk (I used a mix of 2% and a bit of heavy cream as I didn't have whole milk)
1.5 tablespoons sugar
1.5 jigger of rum (more like 1.75 really)
Ground nutmeg (I used allspice because no nutmeg to hand)

Heat the milk and cream until just close to boiling. While that's going, whisk eggs (including the whites) in a glass bowl or other vessel until they're mostly yellow. Add the sugar and whisk until that's well-mixed. Pour the milk and cream into the egg and sugar mixture, whisking constantly. Add the rum (or even whiskey, I imagine this could work with any spirit you'd usually ad to egg nog) and mix that in.

Serve immediately or cool for a bit, cover and let age in the fridge for a day or two.

I'll post mine after I've had some sleep!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2019, 07:58:26 am »
I'll post mine after I've had some sleep!

Hope you sleep well!
(From the Metta Sutta)

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2019, 08:04:56 am »

Back home after having made it through the long dark, and *finally* I can get some sleep. This has been one of the easiest UANs for me, between the nap during the day on Saturday, dancing part of the night away to keep the engines revving, and the boyfriend here to be a wonderful, awesome kind of guy to stay up all night with.

Here's the dawn of the new day, looking from Manhattan across the East River to Queens. There was also a gorgeous sliver of an old crescent moon hanging pale in the eastern sky, just out of camera range. A great way to mark the return of the light.

Best of luck to all of you still in the midst of your long nights! Hang in there! I'll check back after I've caught some desperately needed ZZZZs.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2019, 08:08:47 am »
Back home after having made it through the long dark, and *finally* I can get some sleep. This has been one of the easiest UANs for me, between the nap during the day on Saturday, dancing part of the night away to keep the engines revving, and the boyfriend here to be a wonderful, awesome kind of guy to stay up all night with.

Here's the dawn of the new day, looking from Manhattan across the East River to Queens. There was also a gorgeous sliver of an old crescent moon hanging pale in the eastern sky, just out of camera range. A great way to mark the return of the light.

Those are great photos!

Enjoy your sleep  :)
(From the Metta Sutta)

Anon100

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2019, 09:32:23 am »

Best of luck to all of you still in the midst of your long nights! Hang in there! I'll check back after I've caught some desperately needed ZZZZs.

Wow, my first glance I thought those were standing stone

Tags: