Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2019  (Read 21574 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2019
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2019, 06:16:45 pm »

Silly question, possibly, but do we usually have a specific thread for the UAN non-theme topic (this year, obviously, 'connections)?  I couldn't recall from previous years, and wasn't sure in which sub-forum to look to try and find out form last year.

Cheers.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2019, 06:20:07 pm »
I'm afraid it's gone dark since. :}

(Also my phone wants to automatically use the flash and it ruins it.)
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2019, 06:21:31 pm »
Silly question, possibly, but do we usually have a specific thread for the UAN non-theme topic (this year, obviously, 'connections)?  I couldn't recall from previous years, and wasn't sure in which sub-forum to look to try and find out form last year.

Cheers.

Nope, the non-theme is rolled right into the main UAN thread--or not, as you see fit. (Hence the "non".)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2019, 06:27:23 pm »

Cheers.

Coincidently the 'So do I' post/thread that Aisling put up today fits the theme very well

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »
Coincidently the 'So do I' post/thread that Aisling put up today fits the theme very well

Oh YES! I joined in on that thread earlier today, pre-UAN, and have been so busy with UAN here and in meat life that I forgot! Gotta get back there.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2019, 06:45:23 pm »
a bunch of us plan to stay up all night and post here in this thread off and on throughout and/or chatter in chat, sharing our experiences or random thoughts...sharing photos or artwork throughout the evening...

This is a little like The Ring, that Japanese ghost story movie where someone sees a traumatic video, is haunted by it, and has to pass it on.

A "friend" just made me watch this, and I am duly traumatized. And because I had to suffer through it, now so do you.

This is real. It is not a joke. If only it were.

(Canadians, look away! Lest the humiliation in thine eyes of your neighbors to the south reach new and cataclysmic lows.)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2019, 06:57:31 pm »
A "friend" just made me watch this, and I am duly traumatized. And because I had to suffer through it, now so do you.

Well, one of my solstice practices is to purge some of the internal darkness. I'm pretty sure that the string of words that came out of my mouth while watching that POS counts as a purge. I'll just mark 'cuss like a sailor' off my to-do list now.  :o

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2019, 06:59:24 pm »
This is a little like The Ring, that Japanese ghost story movie where someone sees a traumatic video, is haunted by it, and has to pass it on.

Nope, that's gonna have to wait until daylight...!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2019, 07:25:19 pm »
Nope, that's gonna have to wait until daylight...!

Having seen it, I'd recommend holding off until sunrise... around about the year 2075.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2019, 07:27:05 pm »
I will make sure to head to karaoke early so I can be settled in and ready to divine when the sun goes down!

The karaoke host decided to let me start tonight, because my song choice--"Lazarus" by David Bowie--just seemed so appropriate. I checked the time and asked him to delay a few minutes so we could overlap the song with sunset. The host (who had just told me how long he'd been Asatru--twenty years) agreed, and I sang the song well as usual just as the sun went down.

I went outside to check, and I could sort of tell the sun had just gone down: there was a slightly deeper, bluer cast to the quality of the light. The clouds prevented any further distinctions.

Time to put in my next song and then get ready to lay out the cards!
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2019, 07:43:54 pm »
Since I won’t make it all night, I’ll be aiming to get up to see the sunrise.

I’ve made it a bit later than I thought I would. Even if I haven’t managed most of the activities I wanted to do, I’ve had a lovely quiet time listening to music and catching up with threads and chat. Community and introspection - the two things I like best about UAN! Thanks to everyone who’s taking part, for the chance to share a few hours of it with you. Wishing you all a lovely Solstice vigil/celebration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2019, 08:06:19 pm »
I’ve made it a bit later than I thought I would. Even if I haven’t managed most of the activities I wanted to do, I’ve had a lovely quiet time listening to music and catching up with threads and chat. Community and introspection - the two things I like best about UAN! Thanks to everyone who’s taking part, for the chance to share a few hours of it with you. Wishing you all a lovely Solstice vigil/celebration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So glad to share the solstice with you, Sophia!

Anon100

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2019, 08:18:29 pm »

(Canadians, look away! Lest the humiliation in thine eyes of your neighbors to the south reach new and cataclysmic lows.)

Please, please, please, tell me all those veterans who were cuddling Trumpy were just paid actors.. Oh my goodness... I still can't believe its any more than some wild joke..

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Left Hand Path with a dash of Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2019, 08:35:57 pm »

Gonna sidestep the creepy Trump bear thing. X_X;

Turned dark about forty-five minutes ago where I'm at(PST). Not much going on. Was scopin' out different clubs I'd like to visit one day. Usually, I lean more towards the introverted chill at home type of thing. I want to branch out and experience more from life, different spaces, culture, and lots of things. Think I'm finally feeling like I'm ready to start making connections. I'd probably panic AF if I had to dive into one of those clubs right now- but I think part of me is open to giving it a try despite that.

Not sure how long I'll be able to stay up tonight for this, but I like the vibe.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful Solstice no matter where you are.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

Wanderer894

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Ignostic Pagan/Way of the Dragonfly
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2019, 08:43:01 pm »

You can't make me watch that. I refuse! My cousin has a gods-damned Trump bear in his knickknack cabinet, it's enough that I have to see that when I visit.
I love a good metallurgical take on the phrase "What the F---?"

Tags: