Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: The Cauldron's Big Night--Soon!  (Read 3892 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: The Cauldron's Big Night--Soon!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 02:42:46 pm »
I was thinking we could do a divination hour of Oracles for the New Year.

Sounds intriguing, Eastling! I know next to nothing about divination; how might this work?
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 03:48:48 pm »
So who's in this year? And who has an idea for this year's non-theme?

I'm in, as always. UAN has become a very important part of my personal Solstice celebrations.

Right now I'm trying very hard to find joy in things again, so that's my suggestion for a non-theme: (Finding) Joy.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Eastling

• Sr. Master Member
  • Love and be free.
    • View Profile
    • Mystermercury
  • Religion: Modern Dionysian hero cultus and heretical Judaism
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 01:32:22 am »
Sounds intriguing, Eastling! I know next to nothing about divination; how might this work?

I thought we could set aside a rough block of time for whoever's interested to get out their favored divination tools (runes, cards, a random symbol-generating application in my case) and do a reading for the coming year of whoever wants one.
"The peacock can show its whole tail at once, but I can only tell you a story."
--JAMES ALAN GARDNER

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:43 pm »
Theme suggestion: Rise and Shine (full moon on the 22nd!).

Aisling for the win!

UAN's 2018 non-theme: Rise and Shine

What I especially like about this one is that it's wide open to interpretation; for example, Morag's Finding Joy I think can very easily be seen as being encompassed in the broad idea of someone personally rising and shining. (And stretching it really far, maybe even MZ's idea of Gratitude.)

The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 07:26:57 am »
Did someone make an e-flyer for it, or am I misremembering?

That may not have happened, but we did get a plug Monday in The Wild Hunt:

"The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum founded in 1997 will host its annual “Up All Night” online solstice celebration beginning at dusk on Friday, December 21. Pagans of every stripe and non-pagans alike, from every part of the globe, are invited to share their experience of the solstice in the discussion forum. Festivities  will include the video conference: Great Global Group Meditation.Whether staying up for your entire night or just popping in for part of it, everyone is welcome. You must be a Cauldron member to participate, but Cauldron membership is free and easy. It’s recommended that you join The Cauldron before the 21st, so that you can familiarize yourself with the chat function and the forum’s rules."

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 07:42:10 am »
That may not have happened, but we did get a plug Monday in The Wild Hunt:

Thank you for sending the info to THW, Altair!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lost/Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 08:20:20 am »

I've missed Up All Night! I am so in. I am currently in talks with my bosses to get the 22nd off for sleeping purposes so I can stay up and just soak it in. <3 <3 <3

I am definitely going to poke Jubes and see if I can't convince her to re-open the tab with TC on it after she logs off of her workplace that night :)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »
So who's in this year?

I'm in for at least some part of the night, and very much hoping I'll be able to participate in the Great Global Group Meditation once again!

It's a Friday as we know and I'm not able to get the afternoon off work, so I won't be able to log on until a at least an hour or two after the sun has actually set here (when I get home), but as the 22nd is a non-working day for me I won't have to worry about being up early the following morning (or even that side of noon!).

Rise And Shine sounds a good non-theme, and I agree it could easily encompass aspects of Finding Joy, plus possibly also Gratitude in many ways.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 07:08:39 pm »
There are no ugly mugs during UAN,

Somebody, remind me to start a thread on ugly (drinking) mugs that night ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:13 pm »

(And stretching it really far, maybe even MZ's idea of Gratitude.)

I think I can make that work. Details, of course, will have to wait. ;)
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 12:39:02 pm »
the Great Global Group Meditation (details to follow)

Details are here!

This was a popular addition to Up All Night when it debuted last year: a real-time guided meditation, via teleconference, so that any Cauldron member from anywhere around the world can be a part of this global connection of meditating minds.

And it's free! Be there!

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 07:58:43 am »
"Up All Night" 2018 is right around the corner!

The night straddling Friday, December 21/Saturday, December 22 marks the 2018 solstice: the summer solstice (longest day of the year) in the southern hemisphere, and the winter solstice (longest night of the year) in the north. At the Cauldron we have a tradition of celebrating the December solstice with a cyber party that starts at sunset (wherever you are) and ends at sunrise (wherever you are), during which time we “gather” electronically in this space--posting anything and everything (but still within forum rules, of course) in a special Up All Night thread that opens on the solstice, and talking relentlessly to help each other stay up all night—or simply for as long as one wants to stay awake and participate. Northern hemisphere or south, pagan or not, staying up all night long or just dropping in while you’re awake…it doesn’t matter, because everyone is welcome at Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration!

The festivities will begin at sunset on Friday evening, December 21 and for a second year will include the Great Global Group Meditation (details to follow). Tell your friends! Any Cauldron member can participate, and of course, Cauldron membership is free.

UAN is one day away! Sign up for the Great Global Group Meditation if you haven't already, prepare yourself for some divination, and get a good night's sleep tonight!

Tags: