collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2017 (10th Anniversary Edition)  (Read 8046 times)

Gaudior

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
I did not make it all night; I napped for an hour. That's okay, though; the past few weeks of illness plus today's necessary errands meant it was a very big possibility that would happen, and I promised myself I wouldn't be hard on myself if it did.

I'm up again, though, and going to continue to wait for the sun to return. (not that it ever does in Vancouver, har har)

I made it till midnight. I got off worked and just talked with a friend. And then I just fell asleep xD

Valentine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: get free; get others free; make new life in the aftermath
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Well, I'm reporting in from California, where it's been dark for a few hours.

And a soft gray dawn has arrived, which is, I think, as long as I can hold out. Happy Solstice, everyone.
"Let be be finale of seem." - Wallace Stevens, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream"
"There isn't a way things should be.  There's just what happens, and what we do."
- Terry Pratchett, "A Hat Full of Sky"

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
- Did a New Year Tarot reading. (Using this spread, for the curious, which I like for a good solid overview)
Neat! I think I'll use that when we do near year oracle on our witch circle. :)

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druid in training
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them/their
Sounds like most everyone got fog/cloud - Happy Solstice

Light enough cloud that there was a very definite pink/orange splotch in that area of the horizon, but yeah. Clouds abound.

Nonetheless, it is here, and i am off to bed.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself

Is is 0838 hrs MST (plus a bit as I finish typing this), and I am... oh, wait, wrong thread ;D.

Various online resources tell me that the sun has risen on Calgary, though you couldn't prove it by me; it remains heavily overcast (though it's stopped snowing). It is, though, light out there, in that it's not dark.

Happy solstice, all!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
Is is 0838 hrs MST (plus a bit as I finish typing this), and I am... oh, wait, wrong thread ;D.

Various online resources tell me that the sun has risen on Calgary, though you couldn't prove it by me; it remains heavily overcast (though it's stopped snowing). It is, though, light out there, in that it's not dark.

Happy solstice, all!

Sunflower

Happy Solstice!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Preyna

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Christian/Animist/Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Happy Solstice!
Happy Solstice, Everyone!  Sun's been up a few hours here, but been out and enjoying it's warmth with friends.    I'll be up for many more hours yet to go, though ~

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Happy Solstice, Everyone!  Sun's been up a few hours here, but been out and enjoying it's warmth with friends.    I'll be up for many more hours yet to go, though ~

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Happy Solstice! I caught 3 hours of sleep once dawn arrive--little enough that it guarantees I'll crash again later, but that's fine. I really enjoyed hanging out with you fine people this year!

Likely folks will still be checking in with their end-of-solstice experiences, so we'll keep this thread going a bit longer to accommodate everyone.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch
    • View Profile
    • Everyday Magic
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: zie/zir or she/her

Likely folks will still be checking in with their end-of-solstice experiences, so we'll keep this thread going a bit longer to accommodate everyone.

Ran outside at 8:04am and yes, the sun is back. Or some other great big ball of firey gas is lighting up the clouds. Said welcome back to it and then ran back in because cold.

Happy solstice everyone!
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Everyday Magic
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile

Easing myself back into normal time and space with the "Invocation to Venus" from the Secrets of the Heavens album that Jenett turned me onto.

The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
I really enjoyed hanging out with you fine people this year!

Me too, I look forward to making this an annual tradition (wherever possible).

I'm going to go offline now because I've got stuff to be doing and this is too good of a distraction from that, so got to shut down the ol' laptop for a while and focus.

Well done everyone who was UAN!
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Well done everyone who was UAN!

Indeed! And thanks to everyone who participated in our 10th annual (can you believe it?) solstice celebration, whether for a minute or all night long...whether in the thread, elsewhere in the forum, in our new Discord chat, or in our even newer experiment, the Great Global Group Meditation.

Biggest thanks go to Randall and Lyric for kindly hosting our cyber gathering every year. We would not have the community to bring together on this Night of Nights if not for you.

I think we can safely call UAN10 a wrap. As your woefully sleep-deprived master of ceremonies, I have but one duty left to perform: our annual closing benediction--

A SOLSTICE ADDENDUM

The sun has raised its shining head
Get your sorry ass to bed!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Biggest thanks go to Randall and Lyric for kindly hosting our cyber gathering every year. We would not have the community to bring together on this Night of Nights if not for you.

Personally, I think the biggest thanks should go to you. You are the person who came up with the idea 10 years ago and has hosted it every year while Lyric and I get our beauty sleep. Thank you, Altair!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Bitter Clinger. Sith Lord.
Personally, I think the biggest thanks should go to you. You are the person who came up with the idea 10 years ago and has hosted it every year while Lyric and I get our beauty sleep. Thank you, Altair!

Echoing Randall's sentiments. Altair is one hell of an emcee.

I only logged on for a few minutes last night. Daughter and I have matching head colds, so we spent a good chunk of the evening snuggling in my chair and sleeping through The Lion King. After putting her to bed I mostly puttered and lay on the couch. Not much partying. But I'm glad you guys enjoyed it-- even if you didn't make it all the way.  :D
Spider Man 3 never happened. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan

Just want to say Altair, thank you for inviting me over for my first ever UAN Winter Solstice celebration. I had a lot of fun - just wish I stayed up more!

The meditation was a great experience because I found our guide's voice very calming yet energizing. I really wish, though, we could have kept going with it. Maybe next year we use Discord instead of Zoom?

May everyone's journey forward be filled with fortune, opportunities for growth and reflection, and experiences like no other!
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Tags: