collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2015  (Read 8292 times)

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration 2015
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2015, 07:52:01 am »
Quote from: Altair;183854
And I made it! No sunrise to see in the gloomy overcast, but I'll trust it's there.

The all-night candle is out, until next year. I thought the run would make the final hour a breeze, but my body crashed with a vengeance pretty quickly after the runner's high wore off. No worries about catching a quick nap, methinks.

I send all my hopes and energy to you who are still in the throes of surviving the darkness in a lucid, conscious, non-sleeping fashion. You CAN do this.

I'll check back to the thread later, when December 22 has dawned pretty much everywhere.

Congratulations!!!

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2015, 07:53:10 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;183858
A bit under 3 hours left here, because I am in the Great White North. ('Take off, eh?')

Still reasonably chipper, but becoming a bit impatient. Longest night is long in these parts.

Sunflower

Same. It's five, and sunrise is supposed to be at eight.

I believe in me, but I am so exhausted.

I hope Saule appreciates this.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2015, 08:16:28 am »
Quote from: Ian288;183860
Same. It's five, and sunrise is supposed to be at eight.

Sunrise here is in about 10 minutes. I've been up for the last hour. I hope everyone who stayed up the night will be able to crash when the sun rises in your area.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2015, 09:42:04 am »
Quote from: RandallS;183861
Sunrise here is in about 10 minutes. I've been up for the last hour. I hope everyone who stayed up the night will be able to crash when the sun rises in your area.

Hanging this here. Got about a half hour left and I'm super excited to have actually made it the whole way (and not be rounding up because I fell asleep five minutes before the sun rose)!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:43:23 am by HarpingHawke »
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

DemeterDelusion

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:56 am »

Crash is the right word for it; so glad I'm on vacation for the holidays. My eyelids are utter lead.

Apparently it's sunrise now, but it's too overcast to tell. Normally, I'd wait around to see if the weather might clear up, but I managed to twist my ankle while fixing up my altar earlier. So, in the interest of preserving my poor feet, sunrise gazing will have to wait until the next winter solstice.

Gonna call it a night--congrats to everyone that made it, and good luck to everyone that still has some time left!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:48:56 am by DemeterDelusion »

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2015, 09:53:24 am »

I hope everyone who stayed up the night will be able to crash when the sun rises in your area.

I was asleep for an hour. And then the exterminator rang my doorbell. And so I snapped his neck.

(No, I didn't. But I wanted to.)

And that was all she wrote. Now I'm at the office, on one hour of sleep, because my surreptitious plan to call in sick was scuttled by my co-worker who yesterday made little mewling noises and melodramatic little sniffles, and by telling my boss by the end of the afternoon that he'd be out sick today beat me to the punch and robbed me of my god-given right to take a goddamn day off after staying up all night.

Cranky? Who's cranky?
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2015, 10:05:31 am »
Quote from: Altair;183871
I was asleep for an hour. And then the exterminator rang my doorbell. And so I snapped his neck.

And that was all she wrote. Now I'm at the office, on one hour of sleep, because my surreptitious plan to call in sick was scuttled by my co-worker who yesterday made little mewling noises and melodramatic little sniffles, and by telling my boss by the end of the afternoon that he'd be out sick today beat me to the punch and robbed me of my god-given right to take a goddamn day off after staying up all night.

Cranky? Who's cranky?

Oh. Right. This year's non-theme is "Peace."

OK. Trying to get back to my Zen place.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Sophia C

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Christian and Pagan. Anglican, Druid, Gaelic-ish polytheist, some other influences
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:16 am »

Cranky? Who's cranky?

Oh goodness. That is quite a day so far. I hope it gets better and that the hours until home and sleep fly swiftly by!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2015, 10:55:57 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;183876

Light (though not much visible sunshine) has returned to Calgary!

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2015, 11:01:05 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;183876
Oh goodness. That is quite a day so far. I hope it gets better and that the hours until home and sleep fly swiftly by!

Hanging this here to celebrate finishing another year of UAN! :D I'm going to go crash now.

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2015, 11:28:37 am »
Quote from: Ian288;183878
Hanging this here to celebrate finishing another year of UAN! :D I'm going to go crash now.

Congrats, Sunflower and Ian!

Olivia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2015, 01:49:44 pm »

Cranky? Who's cranky?

Lol. You sound as cranky as I am. :) I have today off work but my neighbor's decided they just had to fix their shed today. Hammers are not good for sleep.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch
    • View Profile
    • Everyday Magic
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: zie/zir or she/her
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »
Quote from: Olivia;183884

Hanging this here.

My plan last night was to crash for a few hours of sleep and get up at 7 so I could put the trash out, watch the sunrise at 8:13, confirm here that the sun, indeed, did return to British Columbia, and go about my very busy day.

Yeah, about that. Went to bed at 3 but couldn't sleep till about 4; slept through my three alarms (including SJ Tucker's Firebird, which...impressive) and woke up at 8:19 -- past sunrise and past the garbage pick up time. Decided I was still exhausted, set my alarm for 10, and went back to sleep.

Didn't wake up till noon. Man, getting up at 4am tomorrow to catch the 5:30 ferry is going to be fun.

Well, at any rate, the sun is back here. I think. It's completely overcast so there's really no way to know. It could be aliens creating an artificial daylight.

Happy solstice everyone! I am now going to try to cram a full day's worth of stuff into 6 hours.

~Morag
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Everyday Magic
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Altair

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »
Quote from: Morag;183894

slept through my three alarms (including SJ Tucker's Firebird, which...impressive) and woke up at 8:19 -- past sunrise and past the garbage pick up time. Decided I was still exhausted, set my alarm for 10, and went back to sleep.

Didn't wake up till noon.

Morag's report from the west coast I think is a fitting note to end this year's edition of Up All Night: A Technopagan Solstice Celebration. It seems to go by more quickly each year--though is no less of an endurance test for that. (Special hat tip to you Very Northerners in British Columbia and Calgary and Norway, etc., whose dark night is reeeeeeeally long.)

THANK YOU to everyone who participated (whether all night or all of a minute), and most especially to our hosts, Randall and Lyric, for loaning us this space for our annual cyber get-together. It really does make staying up for the long night a lot more fun to be kibitzing with and encouraging others doing the same thing...on a global scale, no less!

Feel free to post further observations on your longest night, or for you Southerners, your longest day. But in the meantime, there's this traditional bookend to our opening poem:

A SOLSTICE ADDENDUM

The sun has raised its shining head
Get your sorry ass to bed!

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2015, 07:14:10 pm »
Quote from: Altair;183904
THANK YOU to everyone who participated (whether all night or all of a minute), and most especially to our hosts, Randall and Lyric, for loaning us this space for our annual cyber get-together. It really does make staying up for the long night a lot more fun to be kibitzing with and encouraging others doing the same thing...on a global scale, no less!

Actually, Chris, Lyric and I would like to thank you for organizing and hosting Up All Night for another year. Providing the space is the easy part. You do all the work -- and a lot of TC members really enjoy the results -- although perhaps not the morning after. :)
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: