collapse

Author Topic: The Happy Autumn Equinox Thread  (Read 2795 times)

CoraFrost

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Happy Autumn Equinox Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 08:36:13 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;74768
What part of Texas? The northern parts have more seasonal variation than the southern parts.

Bryan/College Station, Tx

I'm not familiar with the area at all.  I'm only familiar with San Antonio.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:37:27 pm by CoraFrost »
I\'m a white witch... but only between Memorial and Labor Day. ;)

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »
Quote from: Sage;74676

What about you guys? What are you doing, if anything, to celebrate the equinox? I hope whatever it is and whatever you do, you have a blessed shift from summer into fall.
Sage

Unfortunately I have to miss my coven Sabbat tomorrow(been on holiday), but will squeeze something in solo. Yea Autumn is my favourite time of year as well,  and having a late September B-day, the Equinox fits in there just fine!
Semper Fidelis

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 12:25:33 am »
What about you guys? What are you doing, if anything, to celebrate the equinox? I hope whatever it is and whatever you do, you have a blessed shift from summer into fall.

I'll be giving an offering to the Manes, Proserpine, and Dis Pater during my evening ritual.  I absolutely love Autumn, so I'm pretty happy that it's officially arrived.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Annie Roonie

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:55 am »

Sage

This year it has been a little different for me and a little the same. Happiness at looking forward to tactile joys like soft, warm clothes and long cooked food is here but it's muted these days. For some reason, in moments outside, an ill-defined sorrow sweeps over me. But there remains as always that excited sense of mysteries, puzzles, darkness. The things that call a body to sit down and think at an angle.

Think I will observe quietly this year. Not that I go to many celebrations anyway. Gave the neighbor a week's haul of peppers and tomatoes. Had I thought of it at the time, I'd have made the act an offering. But there's a night chill so perhaps a little shot of whiskey is better due. For offering, not for me. I cannot comprehend a taste for the stuff.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:35:54 am by Annie Roonie »

Tags: