Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Author Topic: September Equinox 2017  (Read 2313 times)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
September Equinox 2017
« on: September 22, 2017, 09:05:50 am »
Happy autumnal equinox (in the North; vernal equinox for those of you south of the equator) to all those of us who celebrate it!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

WritchCodex

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mangasnark.blogspot.com
Re: September Equinox 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:09:45 pm »
Happy autumnal equinox (in the North; vernal equinox for those of you south of the equator) to all those of us who celebrate it!
Happy equinox! I'm excited for this one because I get to do a whole feast. Or at least enough of one for two to be stuffed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:44:28 pm »

Happy equinox back at ya. 

I just had my breakfast feast: eggs & kielbasa scramble, black coffee, one slice unbuttered toast.  It was delicious.  Sooner or later I'll put on pants and go outside.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Louisvillian

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Syncretic religio romana/Hellenised Romano-British religion
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:07 am »
Happy equinox! I'm excited for this one because I get to do a whole feast. Or at least enough of one for two to be stuffed.
Same. I made a feast of roasted root vegetables, baked acorn squash (using a recipe I found over at Raven and Crone), and rosemary-roasted pork chops with a blackberry wine sauce. Gave some to the gods, made a libation of apple cider. Stuffed myself silly, and there's food left-over.

In preparing, I did a lot of research into the history of the modern Pagan fall equinox festival, whatever name we use for it. I prefer Harvest Home, but I'm kinda digging the tongue-in-cheek-but-holy-crap-that-actually-makes-sense idea of calling it Halig.

All in all, despite it being much-neglected, it's my second-favorite of the solstice-and-equinox festivals. Even in our whacked out climate, it does seem to display the real stirrings of autumn changes.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:30:35 am »

Happy equinox!

I slept all day and then woke up and had a breakfast of coffee, Fudgeeos, and pumpkin spice yogurt, and now I'm playing World of Warcraft.

Is there a Bachelor Frog meme for pagan stuff? I feel there should be, and it should be a picture of me.  ;)
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 02:23:17 am »

Happy equinox!  I stood out in the rain basically all day.  5 funerals and pouring down rain.  But alas, c'est le vie.  Anyways we're hosting a feast this Sunday afternoon for the equinox.  A few friends coming over.  One of my friend's son turns 18 on Monday so we're throwing him a wee little party.  He just doesn't know about that part, so SHH!  Mum's the word!
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:13 am »
Same. I made a feast of roasted root vegetables, baked acorn squash (using a recipe I found over at Raven and Crone), and rosemary-roasted pork chops with a blackberry wine sauce. Gave some to the gods, made a libation of apple cider. Stuffed myself silly, and there's food left-over.

Between you and Mad Zealot, you're making me jealous with your feasts. Wish I'd thought of that; I never quite know how to celebrate the equinoxes. But later today fellow Cauldronite TheGreenWizard is coming over, and we'll at least toast the equinox. Maybe I'll try to throw together an impromptu feast. (Except I'm only barely competent in the kitchen. And I don't want to spend the day cooking. Oh well.)
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Noctua

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Blue Star Wicca
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 11:57:14 am »

Happy equinox here as well. I made schiacciata con l'uva the day before which is the best I could muster for this holiday. The day of was spent getting up before dawn for a shift at the hospital, staying late because of a medication screwup (not mine, another student's, but we come and go in a group), going home and enjoying a brief exhaustion-induced crying jag in my garden, and then picking up the pieces so I could lead a Girl Scout meeting (Friday is our meeting night). Today will be a better day for celebrating. :)

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 12:12:36 pm »
Happy Equinox to everyone!

I'm meeting my "witch sisters" tomorrow afternoon, I hope the weather is good.

Everybody brings food, we have a circle talk in which everybody tells about her "harvest" this year and what she's thankful of, we'll also do some oracle/tarot cards about our individual "harvests".

I'm too tired to prepare now (I just cleaned my flat after a stressful work week and there's still some laundry left...), I'll plan to get out of bed early enough tomorrow, then go to the election (there's Bundestag-election here tomorrow), then prepare stuff and pack my rucksack.

Naunau

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 02:22:50 pm »

Happy equinox.

I have been completely alone for many days, and I have prepared no feast, and to be honest I'm not sure I have a motivation or context or something for such a thing... however I always welcome autumn (and later winter), specially in a world that over time will have less and less of it. It just makes me feel a bit better.

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 04:53:59 pm »

Happy Equinox everyone (one day late!).
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Altair

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:19 am »
Between you and Mad Zealot, you're making me jealous with your feasts. Wish I'd thought of that; I never quite know how to celebrate the equinoxes. But later today fellow Cauldronite TheGreenWizard is coming over, and we'll at least toast the equinox. Maybe I'll try to throw together an impromptu feast. (Except I'm only barely competent in the kitchen. And I don't want to spend the day cooking. Oh well.)

You guys ended up being great inspiration! After a text to TheGreenWizard yesterday morning, we switched up our plans, and one quick trip to the local Saturday morning greenmarket later, we were having a harvest feast of our own. The weather here in NYC was very summery, so after toasting the coming of autumn with prosecco (we just had to finish the whole bottle) and an appetizer of blue corn tortilla chips (we just had to finish the whole bag) with hummus tapenade, we threw some steaks and corn on the cob on the grill and devoured them along with couscous and two tomatoes we picked from the garden and sliced up then and there, washed down with an Italian red (we just had to finish the whole bottle). We capped things off with a mini peach pie (we just had to eat the whole thing) fresh from the greenmarket, and chased it with a boozy chocolate shake (dark chocolate gelato, creme de cacao, add a dash of chocolate extract, and blend), which was so hyperchocolatey it nearly pushed things over the edge and left us feeling ill. I was going to go out dancing, but I was overcome with thirst (which happens when I eat too much in one sitting), so I just guzzled glass after glass of water and crawled into bed, because Food Coma.

You guys are a bad influence. Happy autumn equinox!

P.S. We were accompanied on this culinary journey by four painted ladies.* Also an American robin, a European starling, an American kestrel (a very cosmopolitan group), and too many mourning doves for TGW's liking. And a shitload of bees happily buzzing around the goldenrod, and not us.

(*which is a kind of butterfly. What did you think? We're both gay, people!)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:53:08 am by Altair »

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 10:19:50 am »
You guys ended up being great inspiration! After a text to TheGreenWizard yesterday morning, we switched up our plans, and one quick trip to the local Saturday morning greenmarket later, we were having a harvest feast of our own. The weather here in NYC was very summery, so after toasting the coming of autumn with prosecco (we just had to finish the whole bottle) and an appetizer of blue corn tortilla chips (we just had to finish the whole bag) with hummus tapenade, we threw some steaks and corn on the cob on the grill and devoured them along with couscous and two tomatoes we picked from the garden and sliced up then and there, washed down with an Italian red (we just had to finish the whole bottle). We capped things off with a mini peach pie (we just had to eat the whole thing) fresh from the greenmarket, and chased it with a boozy chocolate shake (dark chocolate gelato, creme de cacao, add a dash of chocolate extract, and blend), which was so hyperchocolatey it nearly pushed things over the edge and left us feeling ill. I was going to go out dancing, but I was overcome with thirst (which happens when I eat too much in one sitting), so I just guzzled glass after glass of water and crawled into bed, because Food Coma.

You guys are a bad influence. Happy autumn equinox!

P.S. We were accompanied on this culinary journey by four painted ladies.* Also an American robin, a European starling, an American kestrel (a very cosmopolitan group), and too many mourning doves for TGW's liking. And a shitload of bees happily buzzing around the goldenrod, and not us.

(*which is a kind of butterfly. What did you think? We're both gay, people!)
Happy Autumn Equinox/Mabon y'all. Like Altair said, we had a great dinner feast with great discussions.

Personally, this was my first Mabon feast - I had a lot of fun and celebrating it with Altair was amazing. In Altair's zen space on the roof (which was amazing!!!), I felt like I was away in the Catskills - or some other part of the state in the woods - and I think I felt Bacchus or Dionysus there (still figuring out how to tell the difference between them).

As we watched the sun set, I could feel the shift between summer and Autumn take place. It felt so good and I can't wait for the next sabbat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 01:02:07 pm »
Happy Autumn Equinox/Mabon y'all. Like Altair said, we had a great dinner feast with great discussions.

Personally, this was my first Mabon feast - I had a lot of fun and celebrating it with Altair was amazing. In Altair's zen space on the roof (which was amazing!!!)
Cool!

I'm just on my way back from the wood. Since we meet in a densely populated area (Düsseldorf) our usual spot was already taken by a sports group so we looked for a place directly in in the middle between trees. I've already removed 2 ticks and we were afraid of being hit by all the oak nuts falling down. ;) But it was good, we had fun and a yummy hazel cake. :)

Tags: