collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Northern Virginia Pagan Pride Day(s)  (Read 2189 times)

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Happy Science
Northern Virginia Pagan Pride Day(s)
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:14:18 am »
I know we have some northern Virginians here, so who's going to any of the PPD events? This goes for the NoVa, DC, and Maryland. I myself am struggling between going to the NoVa PPD as a regular private citizen so I can get some goodies, or getting some free table space and plugging for Byzantium Novum.
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Virginia Pagan Pride Day(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »
Quote from: Castus;74020
I know we have some northern Virginians here, so who's going to any of the PPD events? This goes for the NoVa, DC, and Maryland. I myself am struggling between going to the NoVa PPD as a regular private citizen so I can get some goodies, or getting some free table space and plugging for Byzantium Novum.

I might be going though I don't know for sure yet. I think having you plug for Byzantium Novum would be pretty cool, especially since the Religio isn't well represented in this area.

I'll look at the calendar and see what they have going on this year. Last year's offerings were pretty paltry; so maybe they've beefed it up this go round.
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:32:47 am »
Quote from: dionysiandame;74237
I might be going though I don't know for sure yet. I think having you plug for Byzantium Novum would be pretty cool, especially since the Religio isn't well represented in this area.

I'll look at the calendar and see what they have going on this year. Last year's offerings were pretty paltry; so maybe they've beefed it up this go round.

Well I got it cleared with the higher-ups and submitted the form, so I will be representing BN this year. I'm kinda excited about it although I'll have to work out how I can also browse the wares. Ave Megalopotamia!
“Castus, meanwhile, goes straight for the bad theology like one of those creepy fish that swims up streams of pee.” — Darkhawk

“Believing in the Lord means you are connected to me no matter when you are poor, sick, or struggling in a relationship. I am always with you. I want you to believe that. The future is uncertain, and much suffering awaits. However, the mission of the believer is to live life doing their best, no matter what the circumstances.” — Ryuho Okawa

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 11:38:03 am »
Quote from: Castus;74807
Well I got it cleared with the higher-ups and submitted the form, so I will be representing BN this year. I'm kinda excited about it although I'll have to work out how I can also browse the wares. Ave Megalopotamia!

When and where is the event?  I'm the Maryland side of DC, so might be close enough to make it worth the trip.

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;74813
When and where is the event?  I'm the Maryland side of DC, so might be close enough to make it worth the trip.

~ Aster

It's the 29th. Occoquan Park down in Lorton. A tentative Mapquest says it's about 30 minutes away from DC; although I'm guessing that's the Virginia side.

http://www.novappd.org
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:42:45 pm by Castus »

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »
Quote from: Castus;74844
It's the 29th. Occoquan Park down in Lorton. A tentative Mapquest says it's about 30 minutes away from DC; although I'm guessing that's the Virginia side.

http://www.novappd.org

Thanks.

I'm having house guests next weekend, so I won't be able to go unless they want to.

But I think there's a DC or MD pagan pride day coming up, too. Maybe that one will work out better.

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Castus

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:13:16 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;74849
Thanks.

I'm having house guests next weekend, so I won't be able to go unless they want to.

But I think there's a DC or MD pagan pride day coming up, too. Maybe that one will work out better.

~ Aster

The DC one was yesterday; but I believe there's a PPD in Baltimore sometime in October. I don't know the exact date.

Tags: