collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Imbolc ritual in Christian household  (Read 1459 times)

Zephie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 29
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Imbolc ritual in Christian household
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:50:25 am »
Hi all :) I started studying paganism a few years ago and have gone back and forth between Paganism and Christianity...well I can't do the mental gymnastics of Christianity anymore....even if I could I do miss aspects of paganism such as esbats and sabbats. When the New Year arrived I thought how cool it would be to go through the year and celebrate the 8 sabbats...however...there is a slight maybe major issue.

Because of the current economy, I live with my parents who are evangelical, fundamentalist Christians. Anything remotely pagan is not allowed...ever. So anything that I do will have to be done on the sly. However, last night on a whim I decided to research the sabbats and find out when they where and to my joy Imbolc is today. Now I know from some previous readings that people usually do a house cleansing of some sort...since I can't smudge my room or anything I'd like to take the annointing oil that I have and annoint my room for starters after having given it a good cleaning...I'm talking dusting, vacuuming, doing my laundry, and cleaning the bathroom as well. For my ritual, I am thinking of something simple as all I have to my disposal is a lavendar candle, Goddess tarot on my phone, and maybe I'll write a poem or song to honor the goddess Brighid (did I spell it right?). After the cleaning, annointing, and poem/song writing, I will light my candle and take a few moments to celebrate this day. Based on this information that I've given...is that appropriate?

Holdasown

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Dec 2011
  • Location: West Virginia
  • Posts: 398
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Blog
  • Religion: Norse/Germanic Polytheists
Re: Imbolc ritual in Christian household...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:46:17 pm »
Quote from: Zephie;41238
Hi all :)  Based on this information that I've given...is that appropriate?


Got to work with what you got and this sounds nice.

Zephie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 29
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Imbolc ritual in Christian household...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22:30 pm »
Quote from: Ula;41243
Got to work with what you got and this sounds nice.

 
Thankies :)

thorsvin

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2011
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://heronswake.bandcamp.com
  • Religion: Mahayana Buddhist | Pantheist at best
Re: Imbolc ritual in Christian household...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »
Quote from: Zephie;41238
Hi all :) I started studying paganism a few years ago and have gone back and forth between Paganism and Christianity...well I can't do the mental gymnastics of Christianity anymore....even if I could I do miss aspects of paganism such as esbats and sabbats. When the New Year arrived I thought how cool it would be to go through the year and celebrate the 8 sabbats...however...there is a slight maybe major issue.

Because of the current economy, I live with my parents who are evangelical, fundamentalist Christians. Anything remotely pagan is not allowed...ever. So anything that I do will have to be done on the sly. However, last night on a whim I decided to research the sabbats and find out when they where and to my joy Imbolc is today. Now I know from some previous readings that people usually do a house cleansing of some sort...since I can't smudge my room or anything I'd like to take the annointing oil that I have and annoint my room for starters after having given it a good cleaning...I'm talking dusting, vacuuming, doing my laundry, and cleaning the bathroom as well. For my ritual, I am thinking of something simple as all I have to my disposal is a lavendar candle, Goddess tarot on my phone, and maybe I'll write a poem or song to honor the goddess Brighid (did I spell it right?). After the cleaning, annointing, and poem/song writing, I will light my candle and take a few moments to celebrate this day. Based on this information that I've given...is that appropriate?

 
That sounds beautiful. Work with what you have, there's really no wrong way to do it!

Zephie

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 29
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Imbolc ritual in Christian household...
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »
Quote from: thorsvin;41257
That sounds beautiful. Work with what you have, there's really no wrong way to do it!

 
Thank you :) I did just as I said I would and it was really special. I feel that I honored Imbolc as best as I knew how with what I had.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
1691 Views
Last post October 22, 2011, 12:21:06 pm
by SatSekhem
10 Replies
2621 Views
Last post November 24, 2013, 10:51:12 am
by Keri
8 Replies
1077 Views
Last post June 06, 2015, 12:44:52 am
by Mellee
23 Replies
5096 Views
Last post August 21, 2015, 06:38:20 pm
by Sefiru
1 Replies
421 Views
Last post October 09, 2018, 09:59:10 pm
by Hariti

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall