collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 23 October 2020: $561 donated. Only $149 more needed! Thank you, donors!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Autumn Equinox - Mabon - Struggle with Balance  (Read 1714 times)

SolsticeSnaca

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/theweatherlysmith
Autumn Equinox - Mabon - Struggle with Balance
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:06:14 pm »
So, am I the only one that struggles with the two "balance" Sabbats of the year? When it comes to helping my community plan (when my elders ask for suggestions) I always get stuck on the Autumn Equinox. I love the holiday and its counter (spring equinox), but I struggle with really aligning with the Sabbat. I usually feel "off" on a day of balance!

Any advice, suggestions, similar experiences?

Thanks!

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn Equinox - Mabon - Struggle with Balance
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:57:02 am »
Quote from: SolsticeSnaca;143985

Thanks!

I am sorry that I heve no suggestions.

I can only say that I always think of the fact that now night and day are of equal length - and of the passing on the year - on that day.

Without specially celebrating that day.

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »
So, am I the only one that struggles with the two "balance" Sabbats of the year? When it comes to helping my community plan (when my elders ask for suggestions) I always get stuck on the Autumn Equinox. I love the holiday and its counter (spring equinox), but I struggle with really aligning with the Sabbat. I usually feel "off" on a day of balance!

Thanks!

I keep in mind that exact dates are artificial. Everything is always in motion and these times are also 'moveable feasts'. I just pay attention. Sometimes it comes earlier, sometimes later. I work when I 'feel' the day to be right.

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:50:59 pm »

Thanks!

I'm the opposite; I have no issues with the autumn equinox, but I have noticed my lack of enthusiasm for spring equinox of late. I can't really pinpoint why, exactly, except perhaps my dread at the oncoming summer might be feeding into the lack of desire to celebrate that seasonal point.

But then I do use them more as seasonal markers, and my Wheel is definitely not Wiccan in any way, so for me, 'balance' is overrated. It's more astronomical for me; it's not about anything other than day length and seasonal changes. I do have a few issues in mind that might be getting in the way of me getting into the spring equinox, but they're personal god things and probably not really relevant to you and your issues.

All I can really think of to suggest is to maybe go back and look at equinox lore, and see if you can find another way to look at the equinoxes that resonates better with you. Maybe try keeping a journal of what you're feeling throughout each Sabbat, and that might help you pinpont what issues might need to be worked on with the autumn equinox. I can't say either of these things will help you find a solution, but they might begin to help you parse out what you're struggling with.
Sobekemiti | Queer Polytheist, Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/them
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 02:15:50 am »
Quote from: carillion;164868
I keep in mind that exact dates are artificial. Everything is always in motion and these times are also 'moveable feasts'.

The Feasts are moveabele, of course.

But the date and time of an Equinox can be pinpointed down to a second or so. :)

Tags: