collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Hera and the days of the week  (Read 3108 times)

IceAngie

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Bahía Blanca
  • Posts: 451
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: ar
  • Total likes: 25
    • View Profile
    • Magia espiritual femenina
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Hera and the days of the week
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:06 pm »
As I said in the "What practice looks like?" thread, I'm not doing any religous practice lately. After reading that thread, I thought I should start doing something again, even if it seems meaningless. And I decided to do something weekly or at least monthly for each of the deities I worship.

I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her. Does any of you have a weekly practice in which you include Hera? If so, which day do you dedicate to Her?

If you don't, but you had to pick a fitting day of the week for Her, what day would it be? And if you do or would have to do something for Her monthly, which day of the month would you choose?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:00:00 pm by RandallS »

Nyktelios

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 562
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:19 am »
Quote from: IceAngie;2040
As I said in the "What practice looks like?" thread, I'm not doing any religous practice lately. After reading that thread, I thought I should start doing something again, even if it seems meaningless. And I decided to do something weekly or at least monthly for each of the deities I worship.

I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her. Does any of you have a weekly practice in which you include Hera? If so, which day do you dedicate to Her?

If you don't, but you had to pick a fitting day of the week for Her, what day would it be? And if you do or would have to do something for Her monthly, which day of the month would you choose?


Hmm, I don't know about which day of the week is most appropriate. Honestly, I don't think it matters very much, as long as you're consistent.

I often honour Hera Teleia on the full moon, myself. I've never come across an ancient source that says to do so, but it makes sense to me.

RandallS

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 9844
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 170
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
Quote from: IceAngie;2040
I want to do something weekly for Hera, but I've no idea what day of the week would be better for Her.

I can't think of any source material that indicates She favors one day of the week over others. I suspect you could just select a day of the week that feels right to you.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

IceAngie

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Bahía Blanca
  • Posts: 451
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: ar
  • Total likes: 25
    • View Profile
    • Magia espiritual femenina
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:03:27 pm »
Quote from: Carnelian;2917
Hmm, I don't know about which day of the week is most appropriate. Honestly, I don't think it matters very much, as long as you're consistent.

I often honour Hera Teleia on the full moon, myself. I've never come across an ancient source that says to do so, but it makes sense to me.

 
Thanks, Carnelian and Randall. I had the idea of honoring Her on the full moon too, but I wasn't sure about it. It's good to know I'm not the only one. From that, I thought it may be ok to honor Her on Mondays. I'll see how that goes. :)

NYHelleniste

Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »
Quote from: IceAngie;2040


If you don't, but you had to pick a fitting day of the week for Her, what day would it be? And if you do or would have to do something for Her monthly, which day of the month would you choose?

 
I normally honor Her on Thursdays together with Zeus. This is based on UPG from being a Spanish-speaker where Thursday is Jupiter's day and of course as goddess of marriage I think it's best to honor Her together with Her husband.

IceAngie

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Bahía Blanca
  • Posts: 451
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: ar
  • Total likes: 25
    • View Profile
    • Magia espiritual femenina
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 01:54:15 pm »
Quote from: NYHelleniste;5175
I normally honor Her on Thursdays together with Zeus. This is based on UPG from being a Spanish-speaker where Thursday is Jupiter's day and of course as goddess of marriage I think it's best to honor Her together with Her husband.

 
Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks!

kallimahos

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 16
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:34:03 am »
Quote from: IceAngie;5467
Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks!

 
My guess is, she should be honored in those days of the week when the family or the couple is gathered in the house, on leisure-days and such.

IceAngie

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Location: Bahía Blanca
  • Posts: 451
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Country: ar
  • Total likes: 25
    • View Profile
    • Magia espiritual femenina
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
Re: Hera and the days of the week
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
Quote from: kallimahos;6123
My guess is, she should be honored in those days of the week when the family or the couple is gathered in the house, on leisure-days and such.

 
Thanks! :)

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
17 Replies
1402 Views
Last post November 25, 2012, 01:25:15 am
by drekfletch
0 Replies
588 Views
Last post December 30, 2012, 05:41:36 pm
by IceAngie
11 Replies
1135 Views
Last post October 11, 2013, 09:13:12 pm
by Fionnbharr
5 Replies
495 Views
Last post March 06, 2014, 11:05:34 am
by Catherine
4 Replies
712 Views
Last post July 27, 2015, 11:24:30 pm
by tothegoldenlady

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru, Tana

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling, Bob, Catja, Fausta, Sperran, Steve

Cauldron Council:
Emma-Eldritch, Everfool, Jubes, Kelly, Koi, Melamphoros, Ocelot, Phouka, Sashapablo, Star

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall