Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Can you drink khernips? + side question  (Read 2850 times)

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Can you drink khernips? + side question
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:32:07 pm »
I mean etiquette wise; if I was to drink it I would have made it with potable water and plant and be okay with a little char and the salt level or lack thereof.

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question. I'm newish to greek worship (unsure yet if Hellenism(/ic) will be a label I fully identify with) and something in me always tells me to take a sip and tbh I feel like I would feel better if I did.

Also, can you re-charge khernips? Like, using the same water but redoing the rest? Even just within the same day but not the same instance. This isn't super important but would be helpful in a pinch, and when my knees get worse, as I do my witch and pagan activities upstairs and there's no water there.* Continuing from that, do you (assuming it's not physically dirty) generally wash your vessel in between batches, or just empty it?

*I am planning to bring up a pitcher, but haven't figured out where to put it that it will stay clean and won't get tripped on

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Can you drink khernips? + side question
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:59:41 am »
I mean etiquette wise; if I was to drink it I would have made it with potable water and plant and be okay with a little char and the salt level or lack thereof.

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question. I'm newish to greek worship (unsure yet if Hellenism(/ic) will be a label I fully identify with) and something in me always tells me to take a sip and tbh I feel like I would feel better if I did.

I've never heard of anyone drinking it. So long as you were careful to be sure the part of the plant you use isn't harmful, I suppose you could, however.

Also, can you re-charge khernips? Like, using the same water but redoing the rest? Even just within the same day but not the same instance. This isn't super important but would be helpful in a pinch, and when my knees get worse, as I do my witch and pagan activities upstairs and there's no water there.* Continuing from that, do you (assuming it's not physically dirty) generally wash your vessel in between batches, or just empty it?

To be honest, this is  something I've never thought of. For me, its so easy to make (and making it is often a part of so many rituals), that I've never thought f reusing it. However, if your circumstances limit your ability to make it, I don't see any harm in reusing it provided one hasn't made it impure in one's previous use of it. Note, however, that this is just my personal opinion, I'm not sure what the gods would think about it.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Scales

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can you drink khernips? + side question
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:51:29 pm »

I wanted to add a quick update- I invested in a nice glass pitcher, and now I only have to fill it once a week, unless I specifically feel the need for fresh/colder/a certain kind of water. Makes the stairs way easier if I'm not carrying a sloshing bowl every day.

Tags: