Re: Cycles and patterns - weekly magic by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 06:45:39 pm]

Cycles and patterns - weekly magic by Jenett
[Yesterday at 03:13:59 pm]

Re: Recently Blogged by Kylara
[March 03, 2021, 06:14:17 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[March 02, 2021, 01:19:46 pm]

Author Topic: Back pain  (Read 1178 times)

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
Back pain
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:36:58 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a lot of back pain issues lately and was wondering if any of you have suggestions to help with it. I have been taking prescriptions, flexoril and robaxin plus ibuprofen 800 mgs. I also have been using heating pads. Is there something you would recommend? I'm in a lot of pain and I'm sort of out of it with my doctors. I am going to contact the spine institute today since I do have arthritis, but I am hoping that you all might have some ideas. Thanks.
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Back pain
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:03:16 am »
Hi everyone,

but I am hoping that you all might have some ideas. Thanks.
Stressing about things is a usual thing try stress release exercises.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Ashmire

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 12:27:50 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a lot of back pain issues lately and was wondering if any of you have suggestions to help with it. I have been taking prescriptions, flexoril and robaxin plus ibuprofen 800 mgs. I also have been using heating pads. Is there something you would recommend? I'm in a lot of pain and I'm sort of out of it with my doctors. I am going to contact the spine institute today since I do have arthritis, but I am hoping that you all might have some ideas. Thanks.

Physical therapy and swimming have helped for me, but YMMV.  You have to get better to a certain point before you can do that effectively.  But there are probably ways to start that are extra gentle.

Anon100

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 12:30:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

My mum found accupressure helped with her back pain. Of course it would depend on what the problem with your back is as sometimes manipulation can make things worse.

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druidry-leaning learner
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 01:36:28 pm »
My mum found accupressure helped with her back pain. Of course it would depend on what the problem with your back is as sometimes manipulation can make things worse.

Seconding acupressure here, I got myself an acupressure mat which provided some swift relief. Also available is an acupressure belt in similar style (as there could be issues with lowering oneself down to the floor to utilise the mat/positioning oneself to make best use of it on the bed).  Search 'bed of nails' acupressure mat, if interested.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 06:31:10 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm going to suggest looking at your ergonomics. Mattress, pillow, chairs (height, depth, back support), table height, even your shoes could be affecting your posture and putting strain on your back.

anubisa

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Egyptian Wicca
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 12:14:44 am »
I'm going to suggest looking at your ergonomics. Mattress, pillow, chairs (height, depth, back support), table height, even your shoes could be affecting your posture and putting strain on your back.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I got a new bed last year which is adjustable. I am going to contact the Spine Institute this coming Monday. Maybe they can help me. I will also look into an acupuncture mat. Thanks everyone.
Anubisa

Daughter of Lord Anubis and Lady Bast.

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 06:42:53 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm having a lot of back pain issues lately and was wondering if any of you have suggestions to help with it.
I guess finding out the cause might help. Whether it's upper or lower back as well.  I know many that have lower back pain related to sciatic nerve complications.

I deal a lot with upper back pain due to sports and work related injuries, as well as herniated discs. What helps me is always maintaining good posture, even when sitting and sleeping. Yoga has worked wonders, as well as CBD oil and other anti-inflammatories. Every time I'm done training I use a neck traction device to that helps decompress my discs. Also, just hanging. If I come across a pull up bar I just hang for a bit for the decompression....

Whatever it is, I hope it improves for you!
Semper Fidelis

Tags: