collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Taranis  (Read 3657 times)

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
Re: Taranis
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:07 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;117249
Yeah - I've had someone outright tell me I "should" be honouring British gods, because I'm in Britain. I smiled politely and said nothing. There is something wonderful about honouring gods of the land where you live, but it's not the only reason to work with a god, nor are people only called by the gods of their area.

I have a friend - in California as it happens - whose household appears to only pick up things that fall in category 'British Isles gods', which at this point includes some Celtic powers, Herne the Hunter, and Ganesha, who insists he totally qualifies on a technicality.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

PaganNotPerfect

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Taranis
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:01 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;117281
I have a friend - in California as it happens - whose household appears to only pick up things that fall in category 'British Isles gods', which at this point includes some Celtic powers, Herne the Hunter, and Ganesha, who insists he totally qualifies on a technicality.

To me, that makes zero sense. However, to each, their own.

Sophia C

• View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Taranis
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 02:54:33 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;117281

Totally does!

Technically, so many gods are 'British Isles gods' that it could get interesting. There's a wonderfully huge number of gods who've been worshipped here over the centuries. When Athena made her presence known to me for a while, I may have protested that I honour the gods of these islands, and she may have laughed.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Tags: