Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Celtic Pagan Books And Resources  (Read 8711 times)

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
Celtic Pagan Books And Resources
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:02:20 pm »
I noticed that the link to the Celtic Resource Database that is pinned at the top of this SIG is no longer working. I am trying to locate a Bibliography for recommended reads for Celtic Paganism and Reconstruction. Also maybe links to relevant web sites and other resources. I am sorry if I missed the location of any existing lists or bibliography.

[edit for spelling]

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Celtic Pagan Books And Resources
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 01:08:43 pm »
I noticed that the link to the Celtic Resource Database that is pinned at the top of this SIG is no longer working. I am trying to locate a Bibliography for recommended reads for Celtic Paganism and Reconstruction. Also maybe links to relevant web sites and other resources. I am sorry if I missed the location of any existing lists or bibliography.

[edit for spelling]

I was also wondering if anyone was moderating the Celtic Polytheism SIG? It seems a bit dormant. Anyway, I am still looking for Celtic Pagan Books and Web Sites. If anyone knows a Bibliography they might refer me to.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:27:53 pm »
I was also wondering if anyone was moderating the Celtic Polytheism SIG? It seems a bit dormant. Anyway, I am still looking for Celtic Pagan Books and Web Sites. If anyone knows a Bibliography they might refer me to.

Unfortunately, Hazel&Oak's SIG Leaders aren't active on TC any more. Staff look after actual moderation if/when needed, but SIG-specific things languish.

I see elsewhere that you've found The Celtic Recon FAQ. Another resource - not pagan per se, but academic/mythological - that you might find helpful is the Mary Jones site, particularly its Celtic Encyclopedia (also mirrored here). And in a more pagan-specific vein, there's quite a bit of material at Tairis, the site owner of which is a(n also inactive) Cauldronite.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »
Unfortunately, Hazel&Oak's SIG Leaders aren't active on TC any more. Staff look after actual moderation if/when needed, but SIG-specific things languish.

I see elsewhere that you've found The Celtic Recon FAQ. Another resource - not pagan per se, but academic/mythological - that you might find helpful is the Mary Jones site, particularly its Celtic Encyclopedia (also mirrored here). And in a more pagan-specific vein, there's quite a bit of material at Tairis, the site owner of which is a(n also inactive) Cauldronite.

Sunflower

Yes, thanks for the response and the links. I perused the Mary Jones Celtic Encyclopedia, and it looks good. I will look over the Tairis site in more detail when I get a chance. Seems like a lot of good stuff to dig into. Thanks again.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 04:14:51 am »

[edit for spelling]
Specifically Ireland, but you might find the Brehon Law Academy website useful:
 https://www.brehonlawacademy.ie/

Check out their online library.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Contemplative/Christian/Eclectic
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:24:53 am »

[edit for spelling]

There's also the online CELT database at University College Cork - https://celt.ucc.ie/index.html
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. - CG Jung

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 01:22:23 pm »

Sunflower

Yes, thanks to everyone who commented here. I think at some point I will make a list of all the links and resources that I have gotten here and on a few other threads. They need to be centralized and maybe posted here in the Celtic Polytheism SIG in one place. Thanks again to everyone for the comments and the links.

Donal2018

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 01:44:21 pm »
Yes, thanks to everyone who commented here. I think at some point I will make a list of all the links and resources that I have gotten here and on a few other threads. They need to be centralized and maybe posted here in the Celtic Polytheism SIG in one place. Thanks again to everyone for the comments and the links.

Here is a link to the Celtic Reconstructionist Gateway- Home of the CR FAQ- www.paganachd.com

Most of the other resources that I have recently found are Druidic in nature, so I will not post them here. That information is over in the Neo-Druidry SIG for anyone that is interested.

If I find more Celtic Recon stuff or related material, I will post them here on the Hazel and Oak SIG.

Tags: