collapse

Author Topic: Who do you work with?  (Read 32248 times)

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Who do you work with?
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2014, 01:50:32 am »
Quote from: Sage;690

Well, since the thread's been resurrected...

I work primarily with Cernunnos, who has been around basically forever and actually has work I need to be doing. :whis: But really, he's just awesome. Couldn't ask for more. I hope he sticks around.

Every so often an unnamed solar goddess will pop up and I usually give her honey and thyme to say hi. She hasn't been coming round as often now, but that's okay. :)

There's also a spirit or minor goddess that takes up residence in the kitchen, and has since my mother's days as a priestess. I feel bad because I can't give her offerings, but whenever she hangs out here I give her a nod and a welcome.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Louisvillian

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Syncretic religio romana/Hellenised Romano-British religion
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship?

I venerate and honour all of the gods from the pantheons that I focus on. I do place a special cult focus on a few deities, mainly Demeter and Persephone and certain deities intimately connected to them. But by and large, Hekate is my go-to goddess; remnant, perhaps, of my initial devotion to her in a Wiccan context. My religious practice has since developed in a more recon direction, but she is still the goddess with the most presence in my life.

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2014, 07:38:27 am »
Quote from: Eryessa;103819
Sarasvati- like Seshet and Thoth, she is my writing deity, also loves knowledge like I do too. Though she has this thing for being surrounded by stones, crystals and a large water element vase I have.

Oh noes, I came to this thread nine months too late.... I can confirm Sarasvati loves crystals.

But yeah, Sarasvati/Benzaiten is the deity I work with. She's my patroness (and it seems every time I make that statement, she goes "patronus!" I didn't realize she liked Harry Potter. She's a Ravenclaw. Like me. Oh dear. Now we're both giggling)

Loki crashes in from time to time. He hasn't really been around that much lately, but I'm walking on pins and needles, because I know that just means he'll be back...any time now...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:38:46 am by Redfaery »
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Earthworm

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2014, 11:58:45 am »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship? (This can also expand to any type of spirit like a loa or bodhisattva, so don't feel left out if the guy/gal/other you work with isn't technically a deity.)

I work with a lot of female saints (although I also recently became interested in St. Clement/Pope Clement I). The one I work closest with is Catherine of Alexandria, but there's also St. Ursula, St. Sarah Kali, and St. Hildegard of Bingen (the mystic and musical genius!). Also included among my ancestors are culture heroes and personages from fairy tales like Goldmarie from Frau Holle as well as Snow White and Rose Red and the youngest daughter from The Enchanted Pig.

As far as gods go, Frigga was always my #1. She carried over from the days I thought I wanted to be a Norse Wiccan and then Asatru. Because the boundaries I see between her and Frau Holda are hazy, I have her in the dark goddess role in my practice (and I also let the distinction get fuzzy between them, Hel, Goda, and the Queen-of-Elfhame-type). Frigga's reputation for being silent, her association with the Norns, and the fact that I've placed her in the North from day one facilitate that in my mind. I also work with Lilith occasionally, almost always in conjunction with Sammael.

I've always wanted to work with Odin. I like his myths, I respect his motivations, but I've never been able to feel very close to him. I refer to the dark god I work with as the Devil and just kind of let an archetype placehold there. I'd like to put Odin in that place, but it's not working for me. The luminous/bright god I work with when I need that kind of thing is (on the obvious end of the spectrum of possibilities) Lucifer. I guess I just totally gave up on the Norse theme there. My whole practice is pretty Luciferian in nature, though, so in that context he's not out of place.

Lastly, I work with the Madonna fairly frequently. Sometimes when I do I think of her as whatever relevant goddess she replaced back in history, and sometimes I think of her as herself.
"A driving thirst for knowledge is the forerunner of wisdom." -Robert Cochrane

Rishuu

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship?

I've never worked closely with a specific deity before.  I've become comfortable over the past year with approaching divinity in a dual God/Goddess kind of format.  I've read about, studied, and meditated on a few different pantheons and despite finding certain Gods and Goddesses absolutely fascinating I've never felt that pull or that click I've heard other's describe.  Until quite recently.  I stumbled across a book on The Morrigan recently and I feel absolutely compelled to connect with her.  It's beyond just a feeling of interest or fascination or curiosity.  It is a need.  But I feel hesitant to follow through with it.  I can't understand what a Goddess like her would want with a person like me.  :ashamed:

Lana288

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2014, 09:15:10 pm »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship? (This can also expand to any type of spirit like a loa or bodhisattva, so don't feel left out if the guy/gal/other you work with isn't technically a deity.)

I work with Saule, mostly... I've been nudged to pray to other dieties as well, but they always have some connection with Her, even when it's not obvious at first. In a way, it's kind of like I'm being introduced to the family of a close friend (if the word 'friend' doesn't sound pretentious when talking about a diety). Kind of nice, but also a little nerve racking when you go out to meet them all.

Tags: