collapse

Author Topic: Who do you work with?  (Read 32245 times)

SPhoenix

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you work with?
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2013, 10:14:46 pm »
Quote from: Sage;690
Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship?

I think my relationship with the Divine is rather complex. I am semi-monotheistic... sort of. I know that Love is the Ultimate Divinity. Yet I have also begun to understand that there are what we might think of as "Gods and Goddesses" also, all of whom are in service to humanity (what a strange concept, I know!).

Anyway, that being said, I began writing a story that was intended to be a sort of mainstream romance novel. However, it has morphed into something entirely different. Now, granted, I think that a lot of people will read it that way and move on... but it hasn't been that for me.

I've developed an intimate relationship with Gwyn ap Nudd. The Dagda has put in his appearance, but he's not ready yet... The Morrigan is getting a little impatient for her time in the sun.

These books were meant to be a storytelling that would revive and reclaim a part of my heritage. It has done much more than that, so far. It has helped me not only to remind of them, but has begun to make them so much more real and personal.

Anyway, so that's my answer. Right now I'm getting to know Gwyn and writing of his symbolic resurrection from being buried by the Christians. (That's the plot of the story, actually).  I know that soon I'll be on the same intimate basis with renewing the memory of the Dagda, and with bringing The Morrigan back out of the shadows.

Cheerio!

dionysiandame

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2013, 11:44:37 am »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship? (This can also expand to any type of spirit like a loa or bodhisattva, so don't feel left out if the guy/gal/other you work with isn't technically a deity.)

Primarily I work with Brighid with a few other Celtic contacts (namely Manannan and sometimes Danu). I've also started exploring Buddhism and think Kwan Yin is a pretty neat lady. :) And though I'm no longer Hellenic in practice, Dionysus will always always always have a special place in my heart as my first Pagan deity - I even think he reached out to me before I figured out Christianity wasn't my home.

My strongest relationship is with Dionysus, who I tend to see everywhere and in everything. He's a constant in my life, though my more 'ecstatic' service to him has waned with time.

Interestingly enough Lucifer has also begun popping up like crazy; which makes me feel incredibly emo and cliche and I've kind of made this known to which I am promptly ignored with, what I feel, is some kind of exasperated eye roll. I mean how do you even admit to that in polite, pagan, company? Especially since He's not what I imagined He would be? Kind of thing? Ugh, embarassing.

But I seem to be at this transition in my life where I'm questioning a lot of the things I've created attachments to (non-religious and religious) and now He's poking and prodding and telling me to get over it already and Dionysus doesn't seem to mind because there doesn't appear to be a conflict of interest at all. :confused:
Writ, Ritual, and Revelation - Where I wax poetic about nothing at all.
2 Mallards and Thyme- Gastronomy, History, Odds & Ends
Become my latest obsession on Goodreads

He keeps me with all of his other pretty things for I am just another pretty thing in a long list of acquisitions.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:09 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;101859
Is there any connection between Vila and either sirens or Lorelei?

Gah sorry I keep forgetting some people don't know all my terms. Vila is a Slovene word, roughly it translates to "Faery" or "Elf." So it encompasses most of the other-realm critters that sometimes peek through the veil. When it comes to Sirins, it depends on your lore. If it's not born as an other-realm entity, or it's not directly adopted by the Vila community, then it's not technically part of the "family."

For example, we have creatures called Rusalka that are basically understood to be the bitter, often homicidal, spirits of young maidens who were intentionally drowned. They're human spirits, so not considered Vila.

*not ashamed to admit the googling of Lorelei* Muahahaha
So Lorelei lore looks like it was originally a human spirit that was transformed into something else. Really hard to interpret, but at face value it's probably not considered Vila (there is a chance the spirit was adopted at death, but then you get into that weird other-realm logic and time issue that is just plain... weird... so I really couldn't say).

Slovene lore for Sirin's are that Sirin's were always Sirin's, they were created that way to sing at the gates of paradise and were intended for the ears of deities only (hence why it drives humans to madness and eventual death).

I really need to start working on that blog...

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2013, 02:48:35 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;101918

I really need to start working on that blog...

Yes, you do so I can read it!

Thanks for the information - I'm always wanting to learn more.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2013, 03:13:04 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;101927
Yes, you do so I can read it!

Thanks for the information - I'm always wanting to learn more.

So I had a blog, but it was kind of... a mish-mash of my spiritual experiences and understanding, and then there were some entries regarding my PTSD coping methods and progression, and general rants, and how to deal with rude annoying people. So I've spent the last hour or so creating a second blog site for solely the spirituality. Currently transferring the relevant articles to the new one, and deleting them off the old one. ^^

I'll let ya know when I get it pretty.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;101929
So I had a blog, but it was kind of... a mish-mash of my spiritual experiences and understanding, and then there were some entries regarding my PTSD coping methods and progression, and general rants, and how to deal with rude annoying people. So I've spent the last hour or so creating a second blog site for solely the spirituality. Currently transferring the relevant articles to the new one, and deleting them off the old one. ^^

I'll let ya know when I get it pretty.

There, it's up and kicking (sort of). Took me an hour to figure out what a widjet is, but nevermind.... The content is pretty sparse right now, but it'll bulk up over the next week or so. :) Link in signature.

Neteruhemta RaShuGeb

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/kristen.nash1
  • Religion: Kemeticism
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2013, 06:07:01 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;101950
There, it's up and kicking (sort of). Took me an hour to figure out what a widjet is, but nevermind.... The content is pretty sparse right now, but it'll bulk up over the next week or so. :) Link in signature.

I had the same issue with the widgets......I still don't understand it completely. :)

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:23 pm »
Quote from: Neteruhemta RaShuSet;101952
I had the same issue with the widgets......I still don't understand it completely. :)

haha All I know is if I drag the "widget" to the sidebar, it makes my blog easier to navigate and a bit less boring.... >.>

Ladywhitewolf

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist Pagan
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:30 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;101950

I am a hard polytheist that believes all deities are separate and individual. Mostly I have connections with my patron God, Set. Also other Egyptian deities I connect with are Anubis, Sekhmet and Bast.  I am very drawn to the Celtic Goddess,Morrigan. I don' t actually "work" with her but she holds a special place in my heart.  I am also interested in the Norse pantheon even tho I don' t specifically work with them.
-My paganspace page: http://www.paganspace.net/profile/whitewolf51
-My Pagan Playground page: http://www.pagan-playground.com/whitewolf-1
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he\'ll be a mile away, and barefoot.

RabbitInTheMoon

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »
Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship?

I used to work primarily with Persephone. But in the last five months, Artemis has come to me and seems very interested in becoming my Patron.
"Apollo\'s frock was always as beautiful as the saddest rainstorm."

"Rabbit, where\'d you put the keys, girl?"

Eryessa

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2013, 02:51:00 am »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship? (This can also expand to any type of spirit like a loa or bodhisattva, so don't feel left out if the guy/gal/other you work with isn't technically a deity.)

To put it lightly, because I'm having issues writing on my laptop at the moment

The Egyptians: Bastet, Sekhmet, Seshet, Thoth and just recently Wepwawet. They love the amber incense that I just got. It stays on their little altar on my desk. I feel that these guys are the reason why I am in such a writing spree, especially with Seshet, Thoth and Wepwawet. Look at my signature, I write for those two websites.

Morrigan and Odin are on the same altar space together, and can't go near The Egyptians. Morrigan loves Carnelians and sandalwood incense.

Odin: He's the reason for my thirst of metaphysical things. He has this strange affinity for Morrigan. Like Morrigan, he can't go near the Egyptians on my desk. He likes Obsidian stones.

Sarasvati- like Seshet and Thoth, she is my writing deity, also loves knowledge like I do too. Though she has this thing for being surrounded by stones, crystals and a large water element vase I have.

Ogun- he helped me with a teacher back in college and hangs around if I am even feeling attacked by anyone. He's the reason why I like Vodou and Santeria. He's the other spirit of either belief system that I honor though, with a minor exception for Ellegua/Legba and Ochossi. He has to have his own altar away from the other pantheons, I think because of his solitary nature. Like me.

Archangel Michael: The only angel that looks out for me. Luckily for me I live near a Catholic store, so I can get prayer cards, chaplets and statues of him if I ever need it. Though with Michael I have a Virgin Mary, who sort of symbolizes The Mother, as she is one. They like to hang out together, Michael and Mary.

The Leprechaun...okay, I have a leprechaun that hangs around the apartment. It's a family joke, anything goes missing and the leprechaun gets blamed, or it's Tiny, a friend of my dad's whose ashes are in my parent's closet. The Leprechaun comes and goes, does he like playing pranks on the family, make things disappear and reappear, I don't know. All I know is that he and sometimes other fey creatures show up in the apartment. The Leprechaun has a name, I don't know it though. Maybe he and the other fey stick around because of my strong affinity to Ireland, I have distant Irish blood.

All my altars that I have are on my desk, or under the TV as in Ogun's case. I share a room with my younger sister and even though They understand that I had to downsize my desk, They didn't like it at all.
I am a FanFiction writer: Eryessa: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3054205/Eryessa
I\'m a Fiction Press writer: Eryessa: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/866606/Eryessa

Tamina

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »
Because I never tire of hearing about people's divine relationships. :) Which deity or deities do you work with closely or worship?

I currently work with Hecate, Brighid, Ares, and Odin.

It's kind of evolved from just working iwth Hecate, when she slapped me upside the head and did her best to direct my forward down my path.

After a long while, Brighid came gently along, trying quietly to get my attention and presence and waiting until I was calm enough and quite enough in my head to notice. (After I noticed Hecate was all "Get on this and do the dual thing now!)

After a short while later, after I had worked out some of my own inner issues with the male aspect from my Christian days, I realized that I was out of balance.

I did a ritual calling for any of the Gods who had been waiting patiently (or impatiently) for me to be ready. During some meditation afterward, I was spoken to by Ares and Odin.

I look to them all for different things. Here's a quote from a blog post I recently wrote:

"I see Hecate as a Mentor and friend, and Ares as a Protector and someone to push me to achieve and succeed, I see Brighid and Odin in Mother and Father Roles. Brighid is a comforting and nurturing presence and Odin is a guiding and teaching one."

:) This had been an evolving process over the last few years and I'm excited to enter into this new phase of my path.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2013, 05:30:48 pm »

Primarily I work with Brighid with a few other Celtic contacts (namely Manannan and sometimes Danu). I've also started exploring Buddhism and think Kwan Yin is a pretty neat lady. :) And though I'm no longer Hellenic in practice, Dionysus will always always always have a special place in my heart as my first Pagan deity - I even think he reached out to me before I figured out Christianity wasn't my home.

I am a priest to Macha for the last 15 years and dedicated to Epona for 40 years.

I find that as a priest to Macha I have a lot less time to be solitary. She wants me to teach and get involved more in the pagan community. She also does not take 'No' for an answer.

I've just started the teaching and will be participating as Macha's representative in a handfasting this weekend for the first time. I'm very nervous about it; but it's what I'm being called to do.

This doesn't mean I'm allowed to slide on challenges tho. I've quit smoking and am now working on the physical. Warriors are not out of shape according to Macha. She's working me to splinters.

Phouka

Varian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »

At the moment I'm only working with the Morrigan.  I've tried to reach out to other Gods, but I've gotten a response of "not until Morrigan is done with you/not until She says it's okay."

BlindBardRLB

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.blindbardrlb.wordpress.com
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2014, 01:13:58 am »

I have an interesting clan of deities that are made up of some Gaelic deities (mostly Brigid and her close family) and some Norse deities (Thor and some of his friends and family)

Brigid is the most important in my life and Thor holds a very close second place in my heart. Brigid is the love of my life, spiritually, and the lady of my hearth while I consider Thor my main buddy. Other include, but aren't quite limited to, An Dagda, Angus Mac Og, Oghma, Boann, Tyr, Ullr, Sif, etc.

Tags: