Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Who's in your life right now?  (Read 13454 times)

carillion

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who's in your life right now?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 06:07:25 pm »
Quote from: Redfaery;154186
Accidental purchases happen to me, even in stores. I just walk up to the register to ask if I can see an item in a case, and as soon as I've held it in my hand....oops, it's come home with me.:eek:

Yeah, I saw the Kuan Yin oracle in a store a while ago, but waffled for too long until it was bought. Sarasvati didn't seem too upset. She uses the Enchanted Oracle with me. My familiar made me buy it. I walked into the store, and she drew my attention to it, and as soon as I saw it I was like "OK...this is mine."

That kind of thing used to happen to me until my bank account forced a mind-meld onto me.

Astrid

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 09:19:51 pm »
Quote from: BrighidsAura;154166
"Accidently" ;)

Haha yes! I'm absolutely shocking when it comes to online shopping! I can't wait to get them. I only ordered the deck yesterday and already the antici---pation! is killing me!

"We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out"  - Delenn, Babylon 5

Allaya

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Idio-syncretic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2014, 07:18:23 am »
Quote from: Astrid;154244
Haha yes! I'm absolutely shocking when it comes to online shopping! I can't wait to get them. I only ordered the deck yesterday and already the antici---pation! is killing me!

To return this errant thread to the original topic...

Right now I am feeling a pull to identify the land spirit that resides just outside my home. We have been calling it a vette (a generic term for land spirit) because it doesn't seem to have a readily apparent identity. My Norwegian husband - who is sensitive to these sorts of things - has wondered aloud if the vette perhaps does not remember its own nature.

I'm currently in the planning stages of constructing a divination toolkit that will allow me to get a better idea of who/what our vette friend is and whether it is in need of something or is contented with the state of things.
Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  — Shirley Chisholm
No doubt the truth can be unpleasant, but I am not sure that unpleasantness is the same as the truth.  — Roger Ebert
It is difficult to get a person to understand something when their livelihood depends upon them not understanding it. — Upton Sinclair (adapted)
People cannot be reasoned out of an opinion that they have not reasoned themselves into. — Fisher Ames (adapted)

Nalusa

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://theleylinewar.thecomicseries.com/
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 01:56:14 am »
Quote from: Redfaery;152019
So here I'm asking a fairly straightforward question: who's in your spiritual life right now?

For the past year and a half(thereabouts), Bast. Though, she's been in my life allot longer than I had ever realized. I feel like I had been claimed, once I realized Who She Was, my whole life. She's not very vocal with me, though I honor her and offer to her, which I'm ok with. I tend to think that divine meddling wouldn't generally be a good thing. Bad Things Can Happen when the gods show too much interest, IMO.

I'm not sure what to call him, except maybe visualized conscience. When I have a hard time and talk to myself to work things out, to solve everyday stresses and problems, the part that responds feels raven shaped. I've always just kind of thought of it as an animus/anima, though I guess it  could be a spirit. It's always a voice of reason, and I never vocalize to it as I do when I pray to Bast. I call it Rael, because it just felt like it needed a name. It's been around for a long time, maybe six years or so and only really responds when queried though there have been exceptions.

Rune Moonwisher

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »
So that's who's in my life right now. Let me hear who's in yours!

The Gods/Goddess that I work with are Morrigan, Macha, Nemain, Cerridwen, Nechtan, Brigid, Isis, Bastet, Demeter, and Dionysus.

Morrigan is the first Goddess to come to me so I feel a special connection with her.  She came to me (soon after I discovered Paganism and started researching it) in the form of two crows who flew up and hovered just in front of the moon.  When I saw the two crows hover like that in front of the moon, I immediately thought of Morrigan and that the two crows represented two deaths.  I also immediately thought of the cat I had taken in who had just given birth.  One of the kittens didn't make it...  But there were two crows, not one, so I was confused.  Then about a week later one of the other kittens died (all the others and the mother are alive and well in new homes).  Since then I've considered Morrigan to be my patron Goddess.

Isis has also come to me.  She just suddenly flashed into my mind while I was thinking about children and motherhood (which kind of scared me because I'm not ready to have kids yet, lol).

The other Gods/Goddesses I listed above haven't actually come to me in any clear way.  I just feel a strong connection with them for some reason and so that's why I work with them.

I seem to make contact with my spirit animal much more often than I do with Gods/Goddesses so I think it makes sense to mention my spirit animal here.  My spirit animal is the spider and when my spiritual guides have a message for me lots of spiders start coming to me in person (and sometimes in dreams and visions too), which I don't particularly enjoy (because I don't like spiders) but I guess it's a good way to get my attention, lol.  When I start getting lots of spiders coming to me, I ask my oracle cards what message my spiritual guides have for me.  And once I receive the message, the spiders stop showing up (at least until my spiritual guides have another message for me, lol).

katbast

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2014, 10:34:31 pm »
So here I'm asking a fairly straightforward question: who's in your spiritual life right now? What gods, spirits, buddhas and boddhisattvas are you honoring/worshiping/working with or being thwapped by at this time? I've seen browsing through the board that there was a thread like this, and it looked really cool. I loved reading it, and I think it'd be great if there were another. So here goes my roll call:

[!

I've been working on better connections with the various deities that I honor/pray to. To that end, I've been spending a week focusing on each. The order has been those I know least about to most.

This week's focus is on the Yinepu (Anubis) side of Wepwawet. Wepwawet was last week's focus and he tends to come to me as more of a big brother/protector type.

Next up is Brigid. My relationship with her is a bit new and still forming. She pushed me to take notice for many reasons and I actually make a statue of her today :-).

Sekhmet and her Hethert (Hathor) side will be up after that. I'm not too familiar with Hethert but Sekhmet tends to be rather pushy when she wants to be. My first real intro to her was when she pushed me into buying a statue of her at a convention. Since she HAD to come home with me she started to get quite a bit of my attention. She has been with me for a couple years now.

Last but certainly not least is momma Bast. She has been with me as far back as I can remember. She is very much momma for me. Incase you can't guess from my SN, she is my main goddess.

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 10:42:50 pm »
Quote from: katbast;155745
Next up is Brigid. My relationship with her is a bit new and still forming. She pushed me to take notice for many reasons and I actually make a statue of her today :-).

*cheers on Brighid kid* One of us! One of us! :D:

Brighid is pretty much the only deity I work with. I belonged to KO for a bit as a remetj and have a statue of Anubis on my ancestor altar, but mostly my Kemetic leanings are geared towards understanding and manifested ma'at in my life rather than looking to any individual netjer. Though I have been wondering about Seshat, given that I'm a library student.

The reality though is I don't have much energy for devotional relationships with deity and my work with and for Brighid takes up what spare time I have in the religion department. That used to bother me as a newbie Pagan coming straight out of a Baptist upbringing, but now I'm very relaxed about it and grateful for life as it is. Also incredibly grateful that my endless prayers and petitions for being god bothered never actually manifested. :whis:
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

katbast

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 08:52:33 am »
Quote from: Sage;155746
*cheers on Brighid kid* One of us! One of us! :D:

Brighid is pretty much the only deity I work with. I belonged to KO for a bit as a remetj and have a statue of Anubis on my ancestor altar, but mostly my Kemetic leanings are geared towards understanding and manifested ma'at in my life rather than looking to any individual netjer. Though I have been wondering about Seshat, given that I'm a library student.

The reality though is I don't have much energy for devotional relationships with deity and my work with and for Brighid takes up what spare time I have in the religion department. That used to bother me as a newbie Pagan coming straight out of a Baptist upbringing, but now I'm very relaxed about it and grateful for life as it is. Also incredibly grateful that my endless prayers and petitions for being god bothered never actually manifested. :whis:

I swear there is going to be an offering schedule made lol. I'm Shemsu with KO. I went from two to 3-5 depending how you look at it after RPD and I was exhausting myself trying to focus on everyone at once. The one per week thing is working well for now but after I'm done with it I'm going to focus on one per day with a general "hey everyone" with it.

Tags: