collapse

Author Topic: When deities DON'T like your offerings?  (Read 7525 times)

SatAset

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Fiercely Bright One
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
Re: When deities DON'T like your offerings?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »
Quote from: GSakura;4750
Have you noticed anything when the deities your offering, don't particularly love what your offering? I just noticed this tonight, I was trying to offer some lavender incense that I had just bought to Aphrodite, and after 5 consistent tries it absolutely would not stay lit. I use incense all the time, and this has never been a problem. Perhaps Aphrodite doesn't like lavender incense? Anybody have a similar problem, or a story to share?

Aset doesn't seem to like cauliflower, at least from me.  And the strawberry-kiwi juice was "okay".  

Wepwawet doesn't seem to like milk or blueberry muffins.  He said they were "girly offerings".
I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --SatAset

horse

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: When deities DON'T like your offerings?
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »
Quote from: GSakura;4750
Have you noticed anything when the deities your offering, don't particularly love what your offering? I just noticed this tonight, I was trying to offer some lavender incense that I had just bought to Aphrodite, and after 5 consistent tries it absolutely would not stay lit. I use incense all the time, and this has never been a problem. Perhaps Aphrodite doesn't like lavender incense? Anybody have a similar problem, or a story to share?

That's interesting.  I make a homemade incense of lavender flowers, bay leaves, and frankincense that I burn by the handfuls, especially for Aphrodite, but it seems to be satisfactory for other gods (needless to say, this is *outdoor* incense only!).

In a more general sense, I have found that the quality of the offering as well as the dedication of the sacrificer go a long way in determining whether or not an offering is accepted.

horse :)
horse :)

Tags: