collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 17 September 2020: $535 donated. Only $175 more need! Thank you, donors!

Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: What do the gods do for you?  (Read 12283 times)

Sharysa

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: What do the gods do for you?
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:20 pm »
Quote from: SatAset;50565

Just making another post in this thread because I finally realized that the Morrigan's made me a better person.

She set me up to audition for Spring Awakening, let me fail so I could realize I was doing it for the wrong reasons, and forced me to admit that those reasons were the things that have always been holding me back in life. She then reminded me that I'd always had GOOD reasons for wanting to be in Spring Awakening, but the other reasons just sidetracked me for a while.

And with all my character-development out of the way, she's giving me a second chance for Bealtaine. I don't know how it'll happen, but I know it will, and it's going to be awesome.
On hiatus, but might pop in now and then. Just making it official.

My blog. 40% normal, 60% spiritual, 500% details.

oldman

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 09:34:14 am »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;2146
Maybe a bit of an irreverent question! But I've noticed a few threads asking, more or less, "What do you do for your gods, what gifts do you offer them?" So I thought I'd turn it on its head.

What do the gods do for you? What gifts or blessings have you received from them or from your work with them? What keeps you coming back (instead of throwing up your hands and just becoming an animist ;))?

--Ali

Hermes helped me to find my path, and while I still have much traveling to do, He guides me with subtle hints as to the proper direction for me to take.  He has inspired me to write, on occasion, and even helped me to lose weight.

Ask-Embla

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;2179
That's a difficult thing to answer.  The difficulty arising in how do you recognize a gift or blessing.

Perhaps it was a gift and blessing when my youngest son was thrown from the car as it broke apart and received nothing but a few minor scrapes and cuts while his wife trapped in the car received the same.

Perhaps it was my two grandson's born 3.5 months early with almost no chance of survival.  Yet today they approach thier 2nd birthday and are healthy and doing things the doctor's were sure they would never live to do.

Perhaps it was the lawyer that represented me for my disability hearing.  A lawyer who just happened to have a Celtic Tree tatoo upon her wrist that showed that day.  A day when I felt confident about it and my lawyer couldn't understand why everything she wore rode up to reveal it.

Perhaps it was the day I was some what depressed and asked Artemis for a sign.  Then looking upon a cloud free sky a lone cloud shaped like a woman with outstreached arms slowly walked over the mountain line until she floated there in the sky.  A figure that followed my car for 50 miles as I drove through the mountains with my son telling me she's still there dad.

Perhaps its the sense of calm and peace that settles over me when I speak to Hekate and the sound of baying hounds breaks the night air.  Hounds that were not baying until I finished my talk.  A snake that was not there until I turnt around as I followed the baying hounds as their call passed down through the valley.

So how do I answer your question?  Those things and more mark the passage of my life and my commitment and dedication to those I honor and worship.  Those who are part and parcel of my life every minute of the day, who I speak to all the time and find comfort and serenity with them.  Those who are the cool kiss of a breeze upon my neck on a hot day.  The tingle of a light rain upon my skin or the full blown fury of the tempest.

Sometimes it's nothing more than the warmth that fills me as I am filled with there presence and see some sign that tells me which god or goddess it was that looked in upon me at that moment.

This is so beautiful that I'm saving it for later. :) Thank you.
Be kind to little animals / whatever sort they be / and give a stranded jellyfish / a shove into the sea.

MoonCrone

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:00 am »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;2146
What do the gods do for you? What gifts or blessings have you received from them or from your work with them? What keeps you coming back (instead of throwing up your hands and just becoming an animist

A very tough thing to answer because it's quite hard to corroborate and quantify...
but I believe some of them have been of guidance and assistance to me over the years, yes, most of the time they are around, somewhere between the here and there... but not constantly "in my face," perhaps entering on the day-to-day level more noticeably when there's an issue I need to resolve, I have been shown the way forwards many a time, I have felt protection at times, I have felt supported in my efforts quite often if the cause is a nobel one, I have had my resquests for help with healing answered quite a few times, my request for blockages to be removed dealt with now and again and all of that kind of thing...  
Depends on what's going on and which Deity one is referring to, I think, and I can only speak for how it is with me of course!
It\'s all about the Ebb and Flow...

Crohm

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »
Quote from: alisonleighlilly
(instead of throwing up your hands and just becoming an animist )?

As an animist (in that I believe all are enshrined with soul and that what can be called Gods and Goddesses simply vibrate on a much more powerful level) I would take offense at that *teases*

I work with the powers I have for over ten years.  Faith/Belief is not necessary compared to experience in my view.
I live.  I love.  I possess.  I am content.

Tags: