collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: The word of Lady Morrigan (If you are loyal to her or seek knowledge PLEASE READ)  (Read 13774 times)

Nightwind

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;112144
[mod=Host HAT ON]I don't know if any other staff member has pointed out what I'm about to say but there apparently are some things you do not understand about this message board. Please read this points carefully -- even if other staff members have already said something to you.

1) The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum is a DISCUSSION and DEBATE board. People are allowed to disagree with you and post about it. You have no right to tell people to shut up because you do not what their questions and counterpoints to interfere with your lecture to others on the way you believe things to be. If you do not want you opinions discussed and debated, don't post them on TC, start a blog or web site and post there where you can censor replies that do not suit the "one true way" message you seem to be trying to present.

2) UPG (basically personal views of the deities -- which is what you are presenting in this thread) is welcome on TC, but will seldom be automatically accepted as "true for everyone" especially if it goes against the myths of a deity or the UPG of others. People are allowed to point out (repeatedly, if necessary) where UPG differs from myths and other standard views of a deity. This does not mean that standard views are always right and UPG is always wrong, just that UPG requires a lot of proof/evidence if one expects others to accept it as truth (especially as truth that they should accept too).

3) Telling other people how to post, what to post, what not to post is a major violation of the rules of this forum. Rules you agreed when you signed up for an account to read (before making your first post) and follow. Only designated staff members and moderators may enforce the rules (which is what telling others how/what/when to post is actually doing).
[/mod]

Thanks, I was just going to ignore it and keep posting but it is always nice when the Mods have your back!

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nightwind;112255
Thanks, I was just going to ignore it and keep posting but it is always nice when the Mods have your back!

Better than ignoring, is reporting stuff like this. Or whenever you're in doubt.
Staff can sort it out. ;)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fireof9;112117
Exactly.

I know he says this is all astral and all that, but I have to think that if the river Styx was important to any other pantheon there would be at least some mention of it somewhere in the lore ya know?

Not knowing much about Hellenic beliefs my mind just went to the Percy Jackson books cause its the only place I have heard of that. I'm wondering if this is the case with our boy here as well.

I sat and read this whole thread this evening and I can't tell if he is sincere and suffering from some delusion, or if he is a fairly good troll.

IN deference to Mr RIordan, (I'm currently listening to the egyptian stories), while there is some crossover of humans, he does not have the Egyptian gods swearing on the river Styx.  I suspect, should he do any other stories with different pantheons, he still won't having them swearing on the river Styx.
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tana;112267
Better than ignoring, is reporting stuff like this. Or whenever you're in doubt.
Staff can sort it out. ;)

I always feel like I just bother GM's/admins whenever I've reported (which pretty much is limited to gold sellers on WoW, but nvm). :p

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Quote from: Laveth;112465
I always feel like I just bother GM's/admins whenever I've reported (which pretty much is limited to gold sellers on WoW, but nvm). :p

Speaking as a staff member, we'd much rather you report something and have it turn out to be nothing than not report something that turns out to be a problem.  We have to know about the problems to be able to fix them.  ;)
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Aster Breo;112531
Speaking as a staff member, we'd much rather you report something and have it turn out to be nothing than not report something that turns out to be a problem.  We have to know about the problems to be able to fix them.  ;)

Hrm Hrm, good to know.

I don't think I could ever be an admin, it sounds like a headache. >.>

*brings cookies for all admins*

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Quote from: Laveth;112553

Thanks for the cookies! :)
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Laveth;112553
Hrm Hrm, good to know.

I don't think I could ever be an admin, it sounds like a headache. >.>

I was a moderator on one of the old Use-net boards and I ran my own FB group for a while.

Headache doesn't begin to describe it in some ways

:hdsk::mad::cry::horse:

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rhyshadow;112562
I was a moderator on one of the old Use-net boards and I ran my own FB group for a while.

I don't doubt it for a second. Sometimes I am just perfectly content being an unstressed little person ghosting forum threads without having to play security guard. :D:

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile

I was a moderator and Admin at the official Iron Maiden and Rob Halford forums for quite a while and I have to say that the staff here do an amazing  job.
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fireof9;112593
I was a moderator and Admin at the official Iron Maiden and Rob Halford forums for quite a while and I have to say that the staff here do an amazing  job.

Well, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest fans get along pretty well.

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rhyshadow;112597
Well, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest fans get along pretty well.

For the most part, but some of the most epic flame wars and trolling I have ever seen happened on those boards. Sometimes it was so well done it was sad to put a stop to it LOL
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Bitter Clinger. Sith Lord.
Headache doesn't begin to describe it in some ways.

I was mod/admin on a site for a couple of years.  I can be a lot of work.  The staff here do a great job.
Spider Man 3 never happened. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Quote from: MadZealot;112639
The staff here do a great job.

We all try to do the best we can.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Akyana

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Quote from: maybeimawitch;112049
The question is not so much what can you find online  right now but what have you previously read about her?

Or maybe...what have you previously experienced of Her.

I felt uneasy reading this thread.

There is not much wisdom in fooling around with TM
if that is what OP is doing, and it seems so.

If my intuition is right then, OP, stop, while you still have the time.

Tags: