collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Set  (Read 4169 times)

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Set
« on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:00 am »
Something weird happened in my dream. I dreamed that I was having intercourse with Set. :ashamed:
I always liked Egyptian mythology but nothing special. That being said, you can't think  that I saw the dream bacause I wanted to, as I've never thought about working with a deity from the Kemetic Pantheon.
I feel a little ashamed for making this thread, but I thought it was pretty weird and wanted your opinions.
Could it be a sign that Set is interested in me? Or it's not something special?
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

Sage

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 2186
  • Total likes: 4
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Set
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:22:13 am »
Quote from: Ariadne;89161

I feel a little ashamed for making this thread, but I thought it was pretty weird and wanted your opinions.

 
Don't feel ashamed! Sex dreams happen, and that's okay. And sometimes, our relationships with the gods can be sexual - and that's okay too. The first time I "met" Set in meditation, he groped me. His way of saying hello. :P And I've also had my own share of awkward sex dreams, which are my subconscious' way of working out everything from sexual frustration to anxiety to repressed anger.

This might be Set contacting you, or it might just be a sex dream that involves a deity. Whichever it is, the meaning and implications of your dream are something that you own, and not anyone else. Consider these questions (which you do NOT have to share with the board if you feel uncomfortable):

  • Really bluntly, did you enjoy yourself? What was the intercourse like? Was the sex consensual, or less so, and did you care?
  • How did you feel during sex? Happy, scared, peaceful, overwhelmed?
  • Did you feel like you were being challenged or threatened? Were there any feelings of guilt or shame you had to work through?
  • Finally, what was your relationship with Set like in this dream? How did He look, feel, sound? When did you realize it was Him, and what was your reaction when you realized Who it was?


Just some food for thought :)
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:42:38 am »
Quote from: Sage;89165
Don't feel ashamed! Sex dreams happen, and that's okay. And sometimes, our relationships with the gods can be sexual - and that's okay too. The first time I "met" Set in meditation, he groped me. His way of saying hello. :P And I've also had my own share of awkward sex dreams, which are my subconscious' way of working out everything from sexual frustration to anxiety to repressed anger.

This might be Set contacting you, or it might just be a sex dream that involves a deity. Whichever it is, the meaning and implications of your dream are something that you own, and not anyone else. Consider these questions (which you do NOT have to share with the board if you feel uncomfortable):

  • Really bluntly, did you enjoy yourself? What was the intercourse like? Was the sex consensual, or less so, and did you care?
  • How did you feel during sex? Happy, scared, peaceful, overwhelmed?
  • Did you feel like you were being challenged or threatened? Were there any feelings of guilt or shame you had to work through?
  • Finally, what was your relationship with Set like in this dream? How did He look, feel, sound? When did you realize it was Him, and what was your reaction when you realized Who it was?


Just some food for thought :)

 
I'd like to answer these here, so maybe someone has a further explanation.

  • How did you feel during sex? - Um, peaceful, I could say.

  • Did you feel like you were being challenged or threatened? Were there any feelings of guilt or shame you had to work through? - No, not at all!

    • Finally, what was your relationship with Set like in this dream? How did He look, feel, sound? When did you realize it was Him, and what was your reaction when you realized Who it was?[/I] - He looked really tall, like an enormous statue. He didn't say anything. Actually, I was doing the more work. He was just being. I knew it was Him, in the way that dreams work. You just know it anyway. I don't know how He got involved in my dream, He just popped out of nowhere even though it made sense then.
    :o
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

SkySamuelle

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 717
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Re: Set
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07:50 am »
Quote from: Ariadne;89168
I'd like to answer these here, so maybe someone has a further explanation.

  • How did you feel during sex? - Um, peaceful, I could say.

  • Did you feel like you were being challenged or threatened? Were there any feelings of guilt or shame you had to work through? - No, not at all!

    • Finally, what was your relationship with Set like in this dream? How did He look, feel, sound? When did you realize it was Him, and what was your reaction when you realized Who it was?[/I] - He looked really tall, like an enormous statue. He didn't say anything. Actually, I was doing the more work. He was just being. I knew it was Him, in the way that dreams work. You just know it anyway. I don't know how He got involved in my dream, He just popped out of nowhere even though it made sense then.
    :o
Firstly, I am absolutely seconding what Sage said.:)

Secondly... just a thought - since you were petioning Aphrodite, if I remember well, this may be her way to direct you toward Set?

While there's always the option this is a subconscious-working-to-suggest-you-stuff that option still suggests potentially valid information, whether it concerns a perceived need to embrace what Set represents for you or a subconscious idea that you might use His presence in your life.

Did you notice if  the dream distinguished itself from more 'regular' dreams except the erotic component - was it particularly vivid, or surreal, or the contrary?

Deity induced dream usually is different in quality from your other dreams for a number of peculiarities that may vary according the deity doing the inducing and according the person having the dream - it can be difficult to see the difference the first times, because it's only over time that you begin noticing common points and patterns.

What was your 'gut' response/impression when you woke up?
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:20:57 am »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;89169
Firstly, I am absolutely seconding what Sage said.:)

Secondly... just a thought - since you were petioning Aphrodite, if I remember well, this may be her way to direct you toward Set?

While there's always the option this is a subconscious-working-to-suggest-you-stuff that option still suggests potentially valid information, whether it concerns a perceived need to embrace what Set represents for you or a subconscious idea that you might use His presence in your life.

Did you notice if  the dream distinguished itself from more 'regular' dreams except the erotic component - was it particularly vivid, or surreal, or the contrary?

Deity induced dream usually is different in quality from your other dreams for a number of peculiarities that may vary according the deity doing the inducing and according the person having the dream - it can be difficult to see the difference the first times, because it's only over time that you begin noticing common points and patterns.

What was your 'gut' response/impression when you woke up?

 
Yes, you're right! Maybe it was Aphrodite trying to direct me to Him, because She doesn't seem to take interest in me. But I don't really know. It was rather surreal, I've never had a dream like this before. Things are strange lately.
I think I should wait for more signs to appear so I can interpret them?
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

SkySamuelle

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 717
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Re: Set
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:23 pm »
Quote from: Ariadne;89176
Yes, you're right! Maybe it was Aphrodite trying to direct me to Him, because She doesn't seem to take interest in me. But I don't really know. It was rather surreal, I've never had a dream like this before. Things are strange lately.
I think I should wait for more signs to appear so I can interpret them?

 
It can also be an idea to read a bit about Set to see if the imagery/associations/simbolism/impressions associated to RealSet match your your DreamSet. Or, if you get any tension to find more. Worst case scenario, you might end up with a better idea of why your subconscious cojurd Him up. I think we have threads about Set in Kemetic section of TC? Or we did at old forum at least. :whis:
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:31 am »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;89192
It can also be an idea to read a bit about Set to see if the imagery/associations/simbolism/impressions associated to RealSet match your your DreamSet. Or, if you get any tension to find more. Worst case scenario, you might end up with a better idea of why your subconscious cojurd Him up. I think we have threads about Set in Kemetic section of TC? Or we did at old forum at least. :whis:

 
Where's the Kemetic section of TC? I can't seem to find it. :confused:
But I'll definately do some research on Him, you never know.
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

SkySamuelle

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 717
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Re: Set
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 05:24:25 am »
Quote from: Ariadne;89339
Where's the Kemetic section of TC? I can't seem to find it. :confused:
But I'll definately do some research on Him, you never know.

 
quick fix: http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?59-Reformed-Kemeticism-SIG

;)
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 05:26:58 am »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;89340
quick fix: http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?59-Reformed-Kemeticism-SIG

;)

 
OH thanks!
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 02:01:42 pm »
Quote from: Ariadne;89161
~

Guys, is any of you working with Set? Is He easy to approach?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:03:07 pm by Ariadne »
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

Darkhawk

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 4831
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 719
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; CoX; Etc.
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, she, they
Re: Set
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »
Quote from: Ariadne;89391
Guys, is any of you working with Set? Is He easy to approach?

 
I would not even begin to know how to answer this question.

In my experience he doesn't put up with nonsense or being slotted into Wiccish systems.  He also doesn't go the fuck away.  Does that make him approachable or not approachable?  I dunno!
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

Ariadne

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Dec 2012
  • Posts: 90
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Set
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 05:32:37 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;89405
I would not even begin to know how to answer this question.

In my experience he doesn't put up with nonsense or being slotted into Wiccish systems.  He also doesn't go the fuck away.  Does that make him approachable or not approachable?  I dunno!

 
What I mean is: is it easy for someone who never worked with Him before to start a relationship with Him? As far as I am concerned, some deities are more friendly to newcomers and it's easier to build a relationship with them. That's what I meant, I'm sorry my English isn't that good :o
ἅ, γιὰ νὰ γεννηθεῖς ἐσὺ
κι ἐγὼ γιὰ νὰ σὲ συναντήσω
γὶ αὐτὸ ἔγινε ὁ κόσμος

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Set
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »
Quote from: Ariadne;89408
What I mean is: is it easy for someone who never worked with Him before to start a relationship with Him? As far as I am concerned, some deities are more friendly to newcomers and it's easier to build a relationship with them. That's what I meant, I'm sorry my English isn't that good :o

He's not hard to approach.  However, relationships with him are NOT easy.*  Set asks everything of you, especially things you don't want to give, and you have to make the decision as to what he's going to get.

* Disclaimer: I'm owned by him, so my point of view is a little skewed.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Ladywhitewolf

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 122
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist Pagan
Re: Set
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:29:14 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;89430
He's not hard to approach.  However, relationships with him are NOT easy.*  Set asks everything of you, especially things you don't want to give, and you have to make the decision as to what he's going to get.

* Disclaimer: I'm owned by him, so my point of view is a little skewed.
So true.  I didn't choose him .  He choose me.  It is like being smacked upside the head.  I have to say that it is never boring.  He appears in my dreams a lot.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:32:53 pm by Ladywhitewolf »
-My paganspace page: http://www.paganspace.net/profile/whitewolf51
-My Pagan Playground page: http://www.pagan-playground.com/whitewolf-1
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he\'ll be a mile away, and barefoot.

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Set
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 09:32:00 pm »
Quote from: Ladywhitewolf;89455
So true.  I didn't choose him, he gave me no choice and I can say he thwapped me.  It is like being smacked upside the head with a brick.  I have to say that it is never boring.

To clarify, I had a choice but, given the circumstances,  I couldn't not choose to be his.  However, consent was given.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
14 Replies
3809 Views
Last post August 30, 2011, 01:16:51 pm
by SatSekhem
6 Replies
2735 Views
Last post September 03, 2011, 12:52:23 pm
by HeartShadow
22 Replies
3068 Views
Last post September 19, 2011, 02:25:50 pm
by Nehet
12 Replies
1742 Views
Last post October 04, 2011, 04:17:41 pm
by Devo
13 Replies
2578 Views
Last post September 18, 2012, 04:13:18 am
by Bezenwepwy

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall