Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Set UPG  (Read 2572 times)

savveir

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Set UPG
« on: October 03, 2011, 01:24:09 pm »
The title pretty much explains itself. I was wondering what experiences and UPG people have had regarding Set.

So far from my meager experience, I have very little to add to the topic other than the nudge to acquire some form of apricot oil. As well as this the majority of my interaction(not sure if that fits to describe it) has been dream based, though i suspect that's because i'm a very visual person.

I'm very new to any kind of god contact, so I'm very interested in what you all have to say in regards to the topic.
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
-Lewis Carroll

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Re: Set UPG
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:40 pm »
Quote from: savvy;23709
The title pretty much explains itself. I was wondering what experiences and UPG people have had regarding Set.

So far from my meager experience, I have very little to add to the topic other than the nudge to acquire some form of apricot oil. As well as this the majority of my interaction(not sure if that fits to describe it) has been dream based, though i suspect that's because i'm a very visual person.

I'm very new to any kind of god contact, so I'm very interested in what you all have to say in regards to the topic.

My initial interactions with Neb.y were dream-based.  I had several dreams coupled with nonsense songs (including the Aardvark Song from Sesame Street) before I put two and two together to come up with four (or is it five?).  Now, I have some dream interaction and some "voice/image in my head" interaction, depends on which Himself prefers.  

I get nonsense songs in my head, usually when I'm not handling something quickly enough to suit Him. Neb.y enjoys offerings of beer, lettuce (preferably with creamy dressing) and other plants, incense, and pain.  He doesn't mind sharing altar space with other deities and has a wicked sense of humor.  Neb.y is equally amused when I fight Him as when I give in - to Him, as long as I am growing in the direction I need to be, it is all good...and the more it rocks my foundations, the better He likes it.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:45:05 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;23713
I get nonsense songs in my head...

Like kids songs? Or just random "nah, nah, nah" set to a beat?
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;23718
Like kids songs? Or just random "nah, nah, nah" set to a beat?

Sometimes it is children's songs, but sometimes not.  For example, in the past two weeks it has been one of the following interspersed with random words to a tune that makes no sense at all:

- this is classic Set

It makes life interesting, to say the least.

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 02:01:39 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;23722
Sometimes it is children's songs, but sometimes not.  For example, in the past two weeks it has been one of the following interspersed with random words to a tune that makes no sense at all:

- this is classic Set

It makes life interesting, to say the least.

...I think I'd rather have the World's Most Annoying Sound.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Yami_Ranpu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »

I've only recently started back into Kemeticism, but Set has deffinatley made his pressence known. One thing I noticed right away was, when he wants your attention, and your not paying attention, just watch out. In the end he gets what he wants, no matter how hard he has to shake the boat for you to get it. He also is very smug/amused when he finally gets what he was aiming for. Of course YMMV.

So far the only offering I've been nudged to get is this neckalace..

Beyond that I havnt had very much experiance with him.
snow covered path
~Let the Gods judge me , not you~

Etheric1

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;23726
...I think I'd rather have the World's Most Annoying Sound.

LOL.  Me too.  Is this the sound you speak of?  

To the OP: I've only been into Kemeticism for about a year, but Set most definitely made his presence known to me, but only after I reached out through meditation first.  For me it seems like a perfect match on many levels.  What I experienced was kind of hard to describe, best I can come up with at the moment is how the air feels right before a thunderstorm - calm yet highly charged.  I most certainly felt a strong presence and a feeling of "finally! it's about time!" Since then I've had a lot of UPG with him.  He is one of my favorites to work with.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

Firaza

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »

I haven't had much contact with Set, unlike other Kemetics on this forum. However, He comes off as pretty mischievous and snarky, but in a "I know what's best for you, see?" kind of way.

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 07:09:48 pm »

* He likes redheads (because He is one; that's lore, not UPG); all the female Set devotees I have met were either natural redheads or had a habit of dyeing their hair.  (I once met a male HON Set priest who shaved his head as a devotional, though.  He had more backstory than that.)

* He operates in a very win-win universe.  Scenario: He leans on someone and suggests that He wants their stuff.  Option 1: He gets their stuff.  Win!  Option 2:  that person demonstrates that they're tough enough to tell Him to fuck off.  Win!

* He doesn't ever answer questions.  He will give small, precious amounts of praise - after someone hits a break point and says something like, "I don't care what you think, anyway.  Screw you.  I'm going to do it my way."

* If someone is too locked down in their interpretation of Him, He will either refuse to deal with them until they change, or do something really headbreakingly bizarre that requires the person to remember, y'know, God Of Confusion.

* He finds the foibles of humans kind of hilarious, and expects people to see through the consequences of their mistakes.  (Poured too much hard liquor as an offering?  No, you don't get to finish that later, kid.)

... gah, I had more and then life happened and I've lost it all.  Stuff!  Things!
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
Set UPG
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:52 pm »
Quote from: Darkhawk;23781

* He operates in a very win-win universe.  Scenario: He leans on someone and suggests that He wants their stuff.  Option 1: He gets their stuff.  Win!  Option 2:  that person demonstrates that they're tough enough to tell Him to fuck off.  Win!

* He finds the foibles of humans kind of hilarious, and expects people to see through the consequences of their mistakes.  (Poured too much hard liquor as an offering?  No, you don't get to finish that later, kid.)

... gah, I had more and then life happened and I've lost it all.  Stuff!  Things!

These things, most definitely.  Gotta love that Big Red fucker.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »
Quote from: Etheric1;23765
LOL.  Me too.  Is this the sound you speak of?

Exactly.

That's what I get for exploring vodou. :whis:
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Yami_Ranpu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:06:34 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;23781

* If someone is too locked down in their interpretation of Him, He will either refuse to deal with them until they change , or do something really headbreakingly bizarre that requires the person to remember, y'know, God Of Confusion.

These two, and  Emphasis mine. Deffinatley had experiance with the second one.
snow covered path
~Let the Gods judge me , not you~

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »
I was wondering what experiences and UPG people have had regarding Set.

Most everything that everyone here has said, I can mirror. Set gets what Set wants, normally. And he will drive you batty until you pay attn to him. It was mentioned that someone gets random songs in their head. Well I get this 'white noise' that just WILL.NOT.STOP. Until I do what he wants. He also likes to do what I call the 'alarm clock' where I swear to god that there is an alarm clock in my head- telling me to get up and do something.

It's frustrating because he will rarely tell me what he wants at first- it's like he likes to see if I can figure it out- so I get stuck for a few days or a few weeks with the white noise, or the alarm clock, until I get it, or he finally says something.

I've had mixed impressions with Set and shrine space. Normally, he likes to be front and center (if you're his main focus, or he is yours). He used to want to be on the top shelf, not beneath anyone else, and he wanted the most space out of everyone in the shrine box. I'm now allowed to share his space with Asar- but I am an anomoly and I've been sorta claimed by both (I believe). Normally, I would say that Set doesn't make that allowance, YMMV.

Not much to say beyond that. Set is into growth and pushing you and your boundaries. You might think that he's giving you more than you can handle, but normally that's not the case. There have been times where I thought I was at the end, and I couldn't take it anymore- only to find extra reserves of energy/tolerance/etc. When you are truly at your limit, I think he knows, and will shift gears for you (and usually launch you into a different set of growth exercises).

So yeah that's what I got at the moment.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Tags: