Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Searching for a friendly, helpful god or goddess to help me with my path-anxiety  (Read 3379 times)

Leirion

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://lilylionlabyrinth.wordpress.com
Quote from: Lokadyne;140247
I second Dionysus! He was actually one of the first deities I actually really worked for and he helped me with some of my own issues. It was really rewarding!

My working with Dionysus has also been really rewarding. I have a really big habit of over compartmentalizing everything in my life, but have gotten better with Dionysus boundary-obliterating quality.

That being said, my experiences with him personally were really, really rough in the beginning. Being-driven-mad kind of rough. But he always brought me back out of it. And he may not be that way with everyone; I am a really stubborn case.

There was also the whole message he gave me of "plans change", right before I wound up dropping out of art school and moving halfway across the country to live with my partner, with no other direction. That has been a common theme with me and him: plans change. It helps with my anxiety in a kind of "let go and live" sort of way.

On a related note, there's also Loki...

I have not done a lot of work with Loki, but I have met him in passing since my partner does work with him. I am used to dealing with trickster entities, but for someone who is not, I could see that as intimidating. But from what I have gathered of Loki, his intentions are usually for the best! I am glad working with him has helped you.

zeldazelda

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Unknown
You guys have given me such great ideas! How should I approach deity? I feel confused about how to "talk" to deity.... I only know how to pray to the Christian God. :/

Tay Redgrave

• Journeyman
  • Devil May Cry's a rockin'
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheistic Hedgewitch
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Quote from: zeldajonesgirl;140571
You guys have given me such great ideas! How should I approach deity? I feel confused about how to "talk" to deity.... I only know how to pray to the Christian God. :/
What I did with Loki was give him a piece of chocolate and went "Hi, I'm interested in you." and then everything else fell into place. For other deities I've worked with, it was more or less like "Oh you're nudging me/Are you nudging me? Hello there. What is it that you want?" and everything fell into place.

So basically, to approach a deity, you can either give them something they like and say you're interested in working with them or whatever is most comfortable with you, or let them know you're interested in them/working with them. If you think you're being nudged, you can always ask them if it's them nudging you or if it's someone else and also ask them what they want.

Talking to a deity is... another story. Some have it easy and other's don't. Some people use meditation, intuition, feelings/vibes, tarot, prayer, etc. to communicate with their gods. If you don't get a response it's okay! Don't give up! Sometimes it takes a little bit for a response to come through or the response comes through in another way you didn't expect!

This also applies when you approach a deity. I didn't get a response for Loki until a month later and it was a really loud response.

That's all I can give you though. :c Others may be able to help you out more.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:14:47 pm by Tay Redgrave »

Leirion

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://lilylionlabyrinth.wordpress.com
Quote from: zeldajonesgirl;140571

Why not try praying in a similar fashion to the deity you are interested in, if you feel comfortable? There are times when I am in distress, I do something similar to my primary god.

I do not tend to initiate contact with new deities. They usually come and nudge me. The times I have sought out a deity, it was usually through another deity in a kind of "could you hook me up with so-and-so", kind of way.

But now, if I want to contact a deity I already work with, I do what Lokadyne suggested with the offering. I usually offer something I know, or feel, the deity would like. If I am not sure, I go with a candle and/or some frankincense and myrrh incense. Doing a little research or asking around the forums might help you come up with ideas!

As far as talking to them goes, I am one of those people that can be going about my day normally, then suddenly have a conversation going. There are not usually words, for me, but an exchange of feelings, emotions, and impressions (colors, scents, tastes, etc). So I am afraid I am not too sure how to explain how to start talking to them, since it just happened naturally for me.

Tags: