Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Personal Pantheons  (Read 4060 times)

Riothamus12

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: The Nameless Path
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Re: Personal Pantheons
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 12:29:59 am »
I want you to describe to me your gods without using any of their names. 

There are reasons for this.  I would like to know how the gods of your spiritual-religious system are experienced through you, personally.  Maybe we are very different, you and I, in the gods we embrace.  Maybe we are not so different.  Maybe we use different words or names for the same thing.  Maybe not.

So, as awesome or terrible or crazy as it sounds, I welcome your responses.  If there are too many gods to mention, tell me about those you are most involved with.  You may include other divine beings such as “demons” or “angels”, even if you do not view them as gods.  Any gods or godlike beings above or below or within, or wherever, I would like you to convey for me the gods of your pantheons as you have experienced them.  I will do the same.

Well since my pantheon amounts to "All the Deities ever because all of the Divine host is sacred" I shall keep the list narrow to discuss the ones I revere most. There are more I will likely describe later, so consider this a starting post.

0.The all pervading principle-Not a Deity in and of itself, but an extremely important concept that encompasses a force unto itself that has been called many things, the Tao, Ma'at, Rta, and many other names. It connects all things from the smallest of single celled organisms to the Deities themselves

1. The Holiest of Holy Ones, The Great Gray One, The Supreme Deity, The Radiant Darkness, The one who reigns over the Above, Below, and Center, They of the black and white,  The Dark Luminescence.-If the universe has a beginning point as humans think of it, they are it. The one that is male, female, and truly neither all in one. The supreme ruler of the center, the point of balance, the great mediator before all other Deities. There is a name I use. If you've familiarized yourself with the lore of a certain modern pagan religion you may know it's name. The one Deity that does not have a symbolic form as the other Deities do save for a mist composed of Gray Radiance.

2. The Master of the Sky, Primearch of the Air, Guardian of the East, Father Sky, The Great Creator, The Lord Thunderer, High Chieftain of the Fae Spirit Host-The great God of justice, magic, knowledge, the arts. The one I actually call my patron. The august youthful lord of spring, master of the eastern direction. The ever bright, youthful justiciar of the Divine

3. The Primearch of Fire, the Great Destroyer,Father Fire, the Lord of passion, Guardian of the South, The Forge King, One of the Great Gods of Modern Heavy Industry-The God of fire, the forge, destruction, crafts, and the generative powers of destruction. The one that embodies the power of the flame and the season of summer.

4. The Primearch of Water, The Great Healer, Mother Water, The Great Transformer, the Wise Compassionate One, Mistres of Emotions and Emotional Expression in the arts, Guardian of the West- The Goddess of Water, Healing, Fertility, and Wisdom. A close sibling of Saraswati you could say.  She is also one of the fierce patrons of warriors next to the Primearch of fire

5.The Primearch of Earth, The Greater Preserver, Mother Earth Guardian of the North, She Who Grounds, the Mistress of the sacred law of the universe, The Protector, The Black Mare-The Goddess of the Earth, Agriculture, Fertility, Protection, the sacred law Order, she who presides over meditative silence.

6. The Solar King, Lord of Day, Primearch of the Sun, Father Sun, The Gold One, The Bright One-The master of solar light, poetry, healing, prophecy, fertility. The co-guardian of the east and south.

7. The Night Mother, Primearch of the Moon, Mother Moon, The Tender One, The Fierce Nocturnal Mistress, Three Faced Queen, She of the Crossroads-Goddess of the moon, mysteries, death, but also healing,and fertility.

8. The Lord of the Dead, Primearch of the Dead, Guardian of the Ancestors, The Dark Father, He of wild places and the crossroads, Keeper of Death's Fruits- The God of the Dead, the God that guards the ancestors, the wealth of the land, and those renewing powers of death, a keeper of secrets, master of sorcery and the fertility of wild places.

9. The Primearch of Dawn and Dusk, She of transitions, The Vanquisher, the Victorious One- The brave and wise warrior Goddess of dawn, dusk, wisdom, victory, and transitions. She who changes the seasons.

10. He of the Forests Primearch of wild places and their bounties, The Stag Lord, the Horned One, The Great Hunter-It's likely obvious who I refer to, but he is the God of forests, wild places, and their natural bounties as well as the cycle of life and death.

11. She Who Guides The Dead, Prime Psychopomp, The Consoling One, Matron of Mourners, Guardian of the recently Dead- A nocturnal Goddess who guides the dead, comforts mourners, and rules funerary rites

https://inthespiritofconversation.wordpress.com/
I started a blog. Feel free to peruse. It's still in it's early stages and I have to write more, so do bare with me if it's all a little basic so far.

Jainarayan

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 11:03:05 am »

6) "The Serpent" This goddess doesn't concern herself much with humans, although she does want them to respect and worship her. Her domain is the domain of snakes and serpents, and she is their protector and their mother. She disdains anyone who would harm snakes, and protects serpents from their enemies. She also protects humans from snake attacks, as long as they worship her and treat snakes with respect. She is jealous of the other Gods who get more attention than she does, and is sensitive to insult or slight.

Manasā (Mansā Devī)?

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 12:42:57 am »
Manasā (Mansā Devī)?

Correct! I know she's rather obscure in mainstream Hinduism, but I've always been drawn to snakes.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 12:47:20 am »

I'm expect that you have probably guessed the rest of them as well.

Of course, you aren't sure who any of them are, feel free to ask me though, I'll happily respond through PM or in another thread. I'm afraid naming them all here might spoil the thread though!
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

arete

• Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 11:07:52 am »
I want you to describe to me your gods without using any of their names. 

There are reasons for this.  I would like to know how the gods of your spiritual-religious system are experienced through you, personally.  Maybe we are very different, you and I, in the gods we embrace.  Maybe we are not so different.  Maybe we use different words or names for the same thing.  Maybe not.

So, as awesome or terrible or crazy as it sounds, I welcome your responses.  If there are too many gods to mention, tell me about those you are most involved with.  You may include other divine beings such as “demons” or “angels”, even if you do not view them as gods.  Any gods or godlike beings above or below or within, or wherever, I would like you to convey for me the gods of your pantheons as you have experienced them.  I will do the same.
I worship many Gods, and I will describe one God, he is the strongest, the reason why the Cosmos will never be destroyed.

Tags: