Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: How do your deities let you know that they are there?  (Read 8730 times)

Talvikki Wyntersong

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do your deities let you know that they are there?
« on: August 31, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »
Deities can come to people in many different ways.  What are the ways that they come into your life and let you know that they are right there with you?

With Vellamo, I feel closest to her when I am floating in the ocean among the sea foam.  She seems motherly; letting the waves envelope me.

With Mielikki, I know she is there with every sigh and flutter of the forest leaves.  Any small animal that crosses my path lets me know that she's watching out for all of us in the woods.

With Tapio I can sense him near me VERY strongly when I smell the scent of burning wood and also dragon's blood incense.  But it's always more intense with wood...  It relates back to the first time I ever felt him.

And with Ukko I feel he is closest to me during a thunderstorm...when the thunder shakes my house, when the lightning illuminates the sky, and when the rain pours down with fury.

Other than that, I get visions and feelings throughout the day that let me know they are watching.  Like in the shower I had the strangest vision of Tapio just gazing right through me and I literally stopped moving for a few minutes just to watch him.

How about you guys?

"Ei kukaan ole seppä syntyessään."
(Also known as Winter Lavender from the old forum)

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: How do your deities let you know that they are there?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »
Quote from: Talvikki Wyntersong;16911
Deities can come to people in many different ways.  What are the ways that they come into your life and let you know that they are right there with you?

With Vellamo, I feel closest to her when I am floating in the ocean among the sea foam.  She seems motherly; letting the waves envelope me.

With Mielikki, I know she is there with every sigh and flutter of the forest leaves.  Any small animal that crosses my path lets me know that she's watching out for all of us in the woods.

With Tapio I can sense him near me VERY strongly when I smell the scent of burning wood and also dragon's blood incense.  But it's always more intense with wood...  It relates back to the first time I ever felt him.

And with Ukko I feel he is closest to me during a thunderstorm...when the thunder shakes my house, when the lightning illuminates the sky, and when the rain pours down with fury.

Other than that, I get visions and feelings throughout the day that let me know they are watching.  Like in the shower I had the strangest vision of Tapio just gazing right through me and I literally stopped moving for a few minutes just to watch him.

How about you guys?

For me, it goes back to how I view the gods as spiritual and intelligent aspects behind the ways of the world. The sunlight is Tyr. The sunrise is him walking across the earth. The clouds gliding by are Frigga, the grass beneath my feet is Freyr. These things *are* and so the gods are. Im not waiting for a voice or a nudge because their efforts constantly surround me. Birds eating the flesh of a corpse is the Valkyrie. I exist in a land of gods ...and that's why heathens don't go somewhere else when they die. We're already There.

Simply put- since I didn't put grass on earth or make the wind blow, something else must have. The world itself tells us that the gods are there.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Garm

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
How about you guys?

It comes from learning to keep track of whats going on in my head

My thoughts, my imagination, these are things I can feel myself energizing by an act of my own will.  I if can't feel myself making the contents that are presenting themselves to my concioussness it means I got mail or even company.
"I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone.  But they have always worked for me"
---Hunter S Thompson

Dujanka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:30 pm »
Quote from: Garm;17024
It comes from learning to keep track of whats going on in my head.

Sort of like there is a television in my mind and they come and go as they please when they feel like a talk or telling me something.  It's usually whomever, say Odin, sitting in a dark room made of of wood or oak.  His seat is wood everything is aged and dark almost a little dank.  There is a seat beside him and the two seats are on a platform at the end of the small room and there is the rest of the room with a small wooden pic-nic style table. Small dark empty room and an empty picnic table.  There is another male there with him, large and muscular but they're veiled in shadow and just laugh usually.

Not always like this but often.  There is a big red man with horns who claims to be Samael that also talks to me.  As hilarious as it already sounds don't make him angry he is actually kind to me.  I think they present themselves in these forms based off what I have seen on television or because it is hilarious to them.

I have a list I could go through of different gods, spirits or deity's that have spoken to me making it almost maddening to attempt to discuss this type of thing.  This goes on 24/7 in my mind becoming easier and easier as time goes by.  It was torment at first but now I am being treated with mutual respect and it is excellent.

There have been many physical manifestations or appearances.  I instinctively get agitated when I feel a presence.  Last night a female tried to come to me and I just couldn't keep from becoming agitated and she left.  I heard her whisper first then I was looking at pron on the net and she seemed insulted by her gasp.  Couldn't see her, how easy is it to say hello without all the charades.

Odin made a long boat (Viking ship) out of some clouds right in front of me as I was driving down the street one day, it was awesome. Didn't have my camera or phone! Go figure I know.. I wouldn't of seen it but he whispered to me.  After his anger deceased he has become extremely kind and motivating on several occasions.  I just don't understand what is going on and it's not something they seem to want to explain and not something I want to ask.

Karhunvatukka

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;16938
For me, it goes back to how I view the gods as spiritual and intelligent aspects behind the ways of the world. . . . These things *are* and so the gods are. Im not waiting for a voice or a nudge because their efforts constantly surround me.

As a longtime atheist, I'm not really sure I "do" gods . . . but this makes a lot of sense to me.  I think there is sacredness in the world, and maybe the gods are metaphors for it.  Or something.

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:03:28 pm »
o
Quote from: Karhunvatukka;17030
As a longtime atheist, I'm not really sure I "do" gods . . . but this makes a lot of sense to me.  I think there is sacredness in the world, and maybe the gods are metaphors for it.  Or something.

I don't know that I'd even go so far as to say it's a sacredness. It just is.

Things- like land- only become sacred through a history of relationship. It isn't inherently sacred, we make it so by developing a relationship of gift-giving and worth giving. So...its the dynamic between god and man on this earth, and not just the existance of god on earth,  that is important.

That probably fits in less well with your atheist leanings?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:05:08 pm by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

addy

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »

How about you guys?

My one Goddess who I have been researching / In tuning with, she calls me alot. Like she is the Goddess bast, and cats will come into convos or on screens randomly. Like today I was sitting in the car driving home from the country and out of the blue a random cat comerical came  on and this was a comercial that is rare. Like you dont hear it every day.(it was about saving the cats before they set them free) Then randomly I said a little something to her and then went on with the car ride. it was awesome :)

Lykaios

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.aspacetoexist.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »

How about you guys?

They answer my questions when I ask.

Every time I have gone before them with a sincere question in my heart, I have been given some kind of answer. I have never been greeted with silence, I have never been refused. The answers are rarely what I want to hear, and most often, they come with a lot of pain attached, but I always get some kind of answer. I started following these specific gods because they answered me when, in a crisis of faith, I asked if they existed. I continue to follow them because they continue to teach me, and so I trust them.

And if they want my attention (usually because there is some question which I am trying to avoid asking for fear of what the answer might be), they poke at me increasingly hard until I go speak to them—but it isn’t an everyday occurrence. To my perception, my gods are very interactive with me, but not constantly so. I don’t need constant bothering to function. When I reach for them, they are there; but most of the time I am left to my own devices, dutifully carrying out whatever tasks are set before me.
Known elsewhere as Aeshna and/or Iakhu-Itui (Iakhu)
Religious Blog: Chaos Gilded Gold

Lecia Hale

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:59:05 pm »

I guess I sort of "see" her face in the moment of darkness when blinking. It's the kind of thing that I could assume that my mind is just playing tricks on me, like seeing a "drink coke" blip on a movie screen. I also hear her voice like an echo in my inner ear, almost like I heard it, but I know that no sound actually touched my eardrum. This is the same sort of effect I get with all spirits that I've come into communication with.
Bedazzlecat who sucks at signatures...

Dujanka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »
How about you guys?

I had mentioned I become interested in dragons and thought about slaying one like the hero's in old times.  I became even more interested after skimming through some of The Celtic Dragon myth (The Geste of Froach) and looking that up I just found the story of Sigurd.  I'll look into that also.

I was out late at night riding my motorcycle, my horse.  Just following the back streets and looking for alternate routes between my place.  A voice came to me I believe it was Odin, sounded similar.  He started guiding me around and said this is a good spot stop over here and I followed the way.  I came to a lagoon/swamp off Hillsborough river (I live in Tampa,FL) and the voice said, "Go on get you one. Get you some dragon slayer."

Beautiful spot though it was a boat ramp leading into lilies and carnage. :D  It was foggy and chilly out at 1-2am.

Hilarity ensues I turn my bike around and ride on. I like that spot thought, it was super eerie.

AthenaiiseSofia

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://finnblack.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »

How about you guys?

I can always feel the Goddess more so than the God, but I still know He is there. Does that make sense? It's as if He says, "Okay, I'm here. But I"ll allow the Goddess to deal with you." Probably has a lot to do with my distrust for men. It's never as if He is offended, but more like He knows what is best for me.
As for the Goddess, I know She's there when I feel the surface of my skin tingle. And other times, I can feel Her just behind me, as if She is watching over me. She is always a very loving, warm prescence.
"Go then and make of the world something beautiful, set up a light in the darkness." - from Awakening Osiris by Normandi Ellis

LeaLynne

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 04:08:40 pm »

How about you guys?

I know Anubis is near mostly when a cool calm settles around me, like he and I are the only two really there.

Thor I feel most strongly during thunder storms, each clap of thunder or bolt of lightning tells me he's watching.

Horus I pretty much feel his eyes on me all the time, but sometimes I'll feel him standing just behind and to the right of me.

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 09:01:12 pm »

I know Anpu is around when I feel a very cool calmness envelop me.  Feeling calm is a big thing for me because of my anxiety, so that's when I know for certain that He's there with me.  He comes around more often lately.  :3

I'm not too sure about Sekhmet, Mafdet, or Bast because I haven't really worked with Them enough.  Once I do though, I'll probably update.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:01:56 pm by KittyVel »
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »
How about you guys?

Sekhmet is a presence that stands behind me. There is a general feeling of comfort, which then turns into her reactions to things that I'm asking about or in need of knowing.

With Papa Legba, the only thing I can do is link this clip from Dumb and Dumber.
[video]http://youtu.be/0cVlTeIATBs[/video]
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 06:39:18 pm »
Quote from: satsekhem;22420
with papa legba, the only thing i can do is link this clip from dumb and dumber.
[video]http://youtu.be/0cvlteiatbs[/video]

LOL XD  That's hilarious!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:41:06 pm by KittyVel »
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Tags: