Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Author Topic: How do the Gods contact you?  (Read 7610 times)

Maps

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: How do the Gods contact you?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »
Quote from: Faeblvr;39761
What if you don't think they ever have contacted you, or maybe I'm still such a novice to this path that I don't recognize it?  This is something that I struggle with because I have gotten that connection with any certain God/Goddess.  I have a strong pull to the Irish Celtic Pantheon and I love the Moon, but that's about it.  Other then that I have no clue.:(

Nope! Not alone. Learn to roll with it, and I guess if contact is meant to happen, then it will.

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »
What if you don't think they ever have contacted you, or maybe I'm still such a novice to this path that I don't recognize it?

My experiences with other pagans are all TC based, so I have no personal experience. That said, I've seen others who's opinions I respect state that TC seems to have an unusually large percentage of god-bothered.

It's not uncommon for a person to go through life with no contact with their gods.  I'm one of those people.   It doesn't get talked about too much, because what is there to discuss about nothing?  People don't talk about the things that aren't notable, precisely for that reason.  There's only so many ways to discuss things like, "I offer them some of my coffee every morning."
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

asdfghjkl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 10:01:51 am »
What if you don't think they ever have contacted you, or maybe I'm still such a novice to this path that I don't recognize it?  This is something that I struggle with because I have gotten that connection with any certain God/Goddess.  I have a strong pull to the Irish Celtic Pantheon and I love the Moon, but that's about it.  Other then that I have no clue.:(

I'm in the same boat. Despite being on this path for about 3 years, I till haven't felt much real contact. At least not like I hear people describing on TC. Save one time, when I received an image of Grandfather Thor reaching out his hand and helping me up. It was just a brief image, but it has made a lasting impression on me. But other than that, silence.

The only advice I can offer is to keep on, 'cause it's all worth it for those small moments of inspiration and connection.

LunaPark

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 03:42:15 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;29039
I was just wondering how the Gods and Goddesses contacted you. For me i get a lot of contact in my dreams and when i meditate.

Sometimes it's telepathic (not usually though) but most of the time it comes in the from of answers from nowhere.  OK for example I've mentioned on another post that I just "discovered" Brigid.  It's more like I finally gave in to her call.  I was hesitant for a good long while because I have had a strong connection to the Roman pantheon and I read that Brigid has a tendency to dislike "wander lust" so to speak.  

So for a while of feeling nothing from the Roman Pantheon I opened myself to her and my body started tingling immediately almost in excitement. (not the sexual kind BTW) Like coming home from college for the first time and seeing everyone.  Something else happened..  which has completely escaped me...   But the important part was something I thought at her which was pretty much more or less this...

I have had a connection with the Roman Pantheon for a long time.  I spent a semester abroad in Italy and saw the master's paintings and sculptures with my own eyes and was touched deeply.  With all due respect WTF.

My response didn't come right away, probably a day or two later while I was reading something on the internet.  I believe it was an article about archeology in the UK and when it happened to mention the Romans, it hit me.  (Face palm)  The devastation the Romans left in their wake.  Of course!  Then I felt as if she was chuckling with me.  I told her I got it and that I was in.  Now I've been trying to find as much information and try to learn everything i can about her.  Since then I have had a string of really good luck, like the kind of good luck I would have to attribute it to her influence.  

Oh and if anyone knows any good sites or books that aren't already mentioned on TC please PM me because I can't get enough.  Plus with Imbolc or Oimelc or Imbolg coming up I feel its appropriate.:D:

MarieBay

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 07:13:59 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;29149
I have thoughts/dreams that are outside my normal mental patterns and have learned to pay attention to them.

This! Though it still takes me a while to catch on, sometimes... :ashamed:

Occasionally I'm compelled to purchase weird foods/ingredients, only to research them later and realize they're supposed to be an offering, not my supper.

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:37 pm »
Quote from: Celtag;29039
I was just wondering how the Gods and Goddesses contacted you. For me i get a lot of contact in my dreams and when i meditate.

Dreams, sometimes. Most of the time a feeling. And in the rare occasion that I meditate.
Conformity is the death of individualism

Tags: