Spirituality in the age of social media by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 08:28:55 pm]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Author Topic: Help-- I think I've been thwapped by tM  (Read 1490 times)

Night Owl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Help-- I think I've been thwapped by tM
« on: December 03, 2015, 02:53:55 am »
I'll start by saying I'm not a person who has a godphone of any sort. Last summer, two of my rats were dying while I was away. After seeing what I interpreted as an omen (I don't remember what it was) I prayed to Badb, and I believe that She helped.

This only came up recently because I put a piece of devotional art on my (physical, not pinterest) pinboard and never took it down. I recently realized that after decluttering, it was the only piece of devotional art still up, and it didn't feel right to me that it was out and none of my other things were, so I went to take it down and put it away. It felt wrong and I put it back, and I came to the realization that there was a reason beyond 'Owl Does Not Want To Throw Things Out'.

In short... I think I've been thwapped. But it feels incredibly different from my experiences with Manannan mac Lir and Bast. I feel completely terrified and incredibly small, and it might be my anxiety speaking, but the only time I've ever felt like this in relation to deities is that one time when I decided that maybe this one time I could skip Kemetic cleanliness.

I don't know what I should do, because it seems like She wants me to do work for Her, but I have no idea why and this is honestly scaring me a bit.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: Help-- I think I've been thwapped by tM
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »
Quote from: Night Owl;183133

I don't know what I should do, because it seems like She wants me to do work for Her, but I have no idea why and this is honestly scaring me a bit.

I can't offer help, but I can tell you you're not alone. For the past couple weeks, Cathubodua's (Gaulish and perhaps cognate to Badb Catha) been whacking me over the head with her retractable baton and I'm honestly terrified.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »
Quote from: Night Owl;183133

One part of 'why?' is pretty much certainly, 'Because she considers you worthy;' that's kind of a Known Thing with tM. (Relatedly, it's fairly common for the first Work she assigns to someone to be developing their sense of self-worth.)

Besides that, I don't have much to say (yet), except, a) she's not as scary as she seems, and b) (((Owl))) I'm here if you need me.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Merin

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 12:48:02 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;183201
One part of 'why?' is pretty much certainly, 'Because she considers you worthy;' that's kind of a Known Thing with tM. (Relatedly, it's fairly common for the first Work she assigns to someone to be developing their sense of self-worth.)
Sunflower

This makes so much sense to me.  Thank you for posting.

I am looking forward to other posts, and will chime in myself when I have more time.

Tags: