collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: HELP! Which Egyptian God/Goddess is trying to reach out to me?  (Read 2255 times)

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
So I have had dreams now with the reoccurring theme of ancient Egypt and I believe it's a God or Goddess trying to reach me. I know one of them is Bast, but I have no idea who else. I have a strong suspicion of Hathor and Wadjet, but I also feel like Ma'at is involved. I would like you're opinions on this. I have had five similar themed dreams and I'll list them out to explain them better.

1st Dream: I had a dream I was in a dark and old Pyramid like building but in my dream it was my apartment. It was dusty, dirty and there was abandoned coverings over things. The only source of light was a golden Eye of Horus and I felt like if I went towards that I would find my way out of the destitute.

2nd Dream: I do not remember much of this dream because I did not journal it but this is what I remember of it. A silver Ankh appeared to be while I was sleeping (in the dream) and it imprinted itself on me. I then had a strong desires for certain feathers and also a scale. It was very peaceful.

3rd Dream: This was a nightmare. I felt such intense fear and I had sleep paralysis for the first time in years but I felt the golden light of The Eye of Horus in my first dream and it told me to fight it and I did. I woke up soon after I was told to fight. So when I awoke from my sleep paralysis I swore I saw a shadow retreating out of the room only on the walls.

4th Dream: So in my dream I was worshiping the Goddess Bast, but the neighborhood stray and feral cats that I had been looking after died from the intense cold in my area in the night (still in the dream) and I just had this intense sadness. In actual events the next day through the night I didn't see the stray cats again and the food out there was never touched.

5th Dream: This is a simple dream. It was just Egyptian Tarot cards that were all encompassing my mind. The world, the chariot and the empress.

I'm just curious on to what other's think about these dreams and how they relate to the Gods/Goddess's. I haven't chosen my Patron's yet and a big factor to me is wanting to know who helped me fight my sleep paralysis.

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Re: HELP! Which Egyptian God/Goddess is trying to reach out to me?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 06:04:37 am »
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173091
So I have had dreams now with the reoccurring theme of ancient Egypt and I believe it's a God or Goddess trying to reach me. I know one of them is Bast, but I have no idea who else. I have a strong suspicion of Hathor and Wadjet, but I also feel like Ma'at is involved. I would like you're opinions on this. I have had five similar themed dreams and I'll list them out to explain them better.
I'm just curious on to what other's think about these dreams and how they relate to the Gods/Goddess's. I haven't chosen my Patron's yet and a big factor to me is wanting to know who helped me fight my sleep paralysis.

Well, I think only you can really tell what the dreams might mean to you, and whether I'm seeing things the same way you are, so keep that in mind.

Just going on the tarot cards alone, if they belonged to a particular deck you recognised, or have any particular symbols on them, you might want to look them up to see if they offer any clues as to who they might be. My own Ancient Egyptian Tarot deck (Clive Barrett's deck) depicts Nut on The World, Heru/Horus on the Chariot, and Hethert/Hathor as the Empress, and Nut and Heru are both linked with Hethert, so She might be a good bet. But you'd have to do some divination or keep asking for signs to know for certain. My cards might not match what you saw, and might point to another deity.

Certainly the Eye of Heru is connected to healing, as much as it is to protection, and the feathers actually made me think of Heru, rather than Ma'at, but don't take my word on that one. The feathers and scale could also signify Djehuty/Thoth, since He is associated with the weighing of the heart ritual. But that will depend on what you feel the feathers signify, since they seemed to be particular (types of?) feathers, rather than just an odd assortment of feathers. I would be more likely to link silver with the moon, and with Djehuty, since He's a lunar deity.

I can't tell you who might've helped you fight the sleep paralysis; a lot of what you've described there is part of what sleep paralysis does, so I can't tell you for certain what's just the sleep paralysis and what's been sent by the gods. The Eye of Heru and the fighting thing suggests Heru, (fighting off bad things/protecting things feels more like His schtick?) but ehh, it might not be. I don't have any experience with Hethert though (She and I repel each other like magnets), so I can't know for certain whether it's Her. Certainly I wouldn't rule Her out if you have other signs that more strongly suggest that it might be Hethert rather than anyone else. Like I said, only you can really know whether any of this makes any sense to you, or if I'm completely off the mark.

I'd set up a shrine and pray, make offerings, and ask for other signs, and see if you figure it out from there. See if you get any responses that might suggest who it might be. If you're unsure, you could easily set up a simple shrine for all the gods, and pray to who you think might be calling before dedicating it to any particular gods first. At a very basic level, all you really need is a white cloth, some candles and incense, and an offering plate/bowl. Offer some bread and water, if nothing else, and see what happens.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Pteranotropi

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 06:48:57 pm »
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173091

1st Dream: I had a dream I was in a dark and old Pyramid like building but in my dream it was my apartment. It was dusty, dirty and there was abandoned coverings over things. The only source of light was a golden Eye of Horus and I felt like if I went towards that I would find my way out of the destitute.

2nd Dream: I do not remember much of this dream because I did not journal it but this is what I remember of it. A silver Ankh appeared to be while I was sleeping (in the dream) and it imprinted itself on me. I then had a strong desires for certain feathers and also a scale. It was very peaceful.

3rd Dream: This was a nightmare. I felt such intense fear and I had sleep paralysis for the first time in years but I felt the golden light of The Eye of Horus in my first dream and it told me to fight it and I did. I woke up soon after I was told to fight. So when I awoke from my sleep paralysis I swore I saw a shadow retreating out of the room only on the walls.

4th Dream: So in my dream I was worshiping the Goddess Bast, but the neighborhood stray and feral cats that I had been looking after died from the intense cold in my area in the night (still in the dream) and I just had this intense sadness. In actual events the next day through the night I didn't see the stray cats again and the food out there was never touched.

5th Dream: This is a simple dream. It was just Egyptian Tarot cards that were all encompassing my mind. The world, the chariot and the empress.

My gut feeling is that the one trying to contact you is Mestjet, but I can't be entirely sure.

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:36:44 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;173094
Well, I think only you can really tell what the dreams might mean to you, and whether I'm seeing things the same way you are, so keep that in mind.

Just going on the tarot cards alone, if they belonged to a particular deck you recognised, or have any particular symbols on them, you might want to look them up to see if they offer any clues as to who they might be. My own Ancient Egyptian Tarot deck (Clive Barrett's deck) depicts Nut on The World, Heru/Horus on the Chariot, and Hethert/Hathor as the Empress, and Nut and Heru are both linked with Hethert, so She might be a good bet. But you'd have to do some divination or keep asking for signs to know for certain. My cards might not match what you saw, and might point to another deity.

Certainly the Eye of Heru is connected to healing, as much as it is to protection, and the feathers actually made me think of Heru, rather than Ma'at, but don't take my word on that one. The feathers and scale could also signify Djehuty/Thoth, since He is associated with the weighing of the heart ritual. But that will depend on what you feel the feathers signify, since they seemed to be particular (types of?) feathers, rather than just an odd assortment of feathers. I would be more likely to link silver with the moon, and with Djehuty, since He's a lunar deity.

I can't tell you who might've helped you fight the sleep paralysis; a lot of what you've described there is part of what sleep paralysis does, so I can't tell you for certain what's just the sleep paralysis and what's been sent by the gods. The Eye of Heru and the fighting thing suggests Heru, (fighting off bad things/protecting things feels more like His schtick?) but ehh, it might not be. I don't have any experience with Hethert though (She and I repel each other like magnets), so I can't know for certain whether it's Her. Certainly I wouldn't rule Her out if you have other signs that more strongly suggest that it might be Hethert rather than anyone else. Like I said, only you can really know whether any of this makes any sense to you, or if I'm completely off the mark.

I'd set up a shrine and pray, make offerings, and ask for other signs, and see if you figure it out from there. See if you get any responses that might suggest who it might be. If you're unsure, you could easily set up a simple shrine for all the gods, and pray to who you think might be calling before dedicating it to any particular gods first. At a very basic level, all you really need is a white cloth, some candles and incense, and an offering plate/bowl. Offer some bread and water, if nothing else, and see what happens.

Thank you for your advice and much appreciated knowledge. I did some introspection and I now believe it was Khonsu watching over me, Bast and Hathor/Hethert. They have been with me since childhood and I believe they were concerned for me because I was going through a really dark time. Thank you again for your response (:

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 01:41:19 pm »
Quote from: Pteranotropi;173127
My gut feeling is that the one trying to contact you is Mestjet, but I can't be entirely sure.

Thank you for responding, but I'm almost 100% positive it was Khonsu trying to contact me. I'm not very familiar with Mestjet. Can you provide me with a reference to learn more about Mestjet? :)

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:43:35 pm »
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173143
Thank you for your advice and much appreciated knowledge. I did some introspection and I now believe it was Khonsu watching over me, Bast and Hathor/Hethert. They have been with me since childhood and I believe they were concerned for me because I was going through a really dark time. Thank you again for your response (:

Khonsu, eh? Yeah, I can see how that would make sense now. Bast and Hethert I'm not surprised about, though. I've worked a bit with Bast, and She's pretty cool.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 04:03:56 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;173157
Khonsu, eh? Yeah, I can see how that would make sense now. Bast and Hethert I'm not surprised about, though. I've worked a bit with Bast, and She's pretty cool.

Yes she is. Can I ask why you are surprised about Hethert though? It could just be my ignorance, but I've always shared a connection with her.

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »
Quote from: SigmundFreud'sMom;173181
Yes she is. Can I ask why you are surprised about Hethert though? It could just be my ignorance, but I've always shared a connection with her.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear with my words there. You'd confirmed Bast and Hethert as being correct, and I wasn't surprised by that. I had felt Hethert was probably there somewhere, given the dreams you'd offered, that's all. Like I said, if you were more certain of it being Hethert, rather than someone else, based on what else you'd experienced, then it was likely to be Hethert. That's what everything pointed towards, so I wasn't surprised when you confirmed it. That's all I meant by it. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

SigmundFreud'sMom

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:40:17 pm »
Quote from: Sobekemiti;173184
Sorry, I was a bit unclear with my words there. You'd confirmed Bast and Hethert as being correct, and I wasn't surprised by that. I had felt Hethert was probably there somewhere, given the dreams you'd offered, that's all. Like I said, if you were more certain of it being Hethert, rather than someone else, based on what else you'd experienced, then it was likely to be Hethert. That's what everything pointed towards, so I wasn't surprised when you confirmed it. That's all I meant by it. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

You seem very knowledgeable, so I was wondering if your have any experience working with Djehuty? It was him sending me the dreams and the messages. I had no idea, and at first I didn't believe it. But once I said his name and pronounced it in the Egyptian form (Djehuty) I had shivers and I knew it was him. I'm clueless on how to even apologize to him for my ignorance.

Tags: