collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot  (Read 4273 times)

mellowitch

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 27
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:44:36 pm »
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh

Nachtigall

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 287
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:48 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50476
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh

 
Which deities/pantheons are you already acquainted with?
There's plenty of gods connected with divination, but I'd advice getting some background on the culture/religion/worldview they come from before asking for their help.

Elani Temperance

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Apr 2012
  • Posts: 446
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.littlewitchmagazine.com
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50476
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh


It depends greatly on what I'm trying to divine. I have a Greek myths themed deck so it's always someone from the Greek pantheon but whom depends greatly on my reason for picking up the cards. Relationships/home (Hestia), education/work (Athena), etc.
Where I ramble on: Baring the Aegis
Where I try to be coherent: Little Witch magazine
My PaganSquare blog as hosted by Witches & Pagans
Hellenic Polytheistic charity circle Pandora\'s Kharis.

Rhyshadow

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 717
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50476
Howdy Folks!

I'm starting to work with my tarot deck a little bit more and am wondering if any of you invoke a certain deity while doing readings or other divination. For some reason, I'm feeling very strongly towards Toth.

Thanks!

Josh

 
I've gotta echo both Nachtigall and Little Witch - it all depends on the pantheon you work with/are most comfortable with and the particular associations of the divination work you're trying to do.

mellowitch

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 27
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:38:18 pm »
Quote from: LittleWitchMagazine;50480
It depends greatly on what I'm trying to divine. I have a Greek myths themed deck so it's always someone from the Greek pantheon but whom depends greatly on my reason for picking up the cards. Relationships/home (Hestia), education/work (Athena), etc.

 
I generally work with Roman and Greek pantheons, but have in the past worked with other deities from the Egyptian and other pantheons if needed.

I am also quite a fan of this idea of working with a deity in relationship to what your seeking in the cards. Thanks!

Nachtigall

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 287
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:38 pm »
Quote from: mellowitch;50487
I generally work with Roman and Greek pantheons, but have in the past worked with other deities from the Egyptian and other pantheons if needed.

I am also quite a fan of this idea of working with a deity in relationship to what your seeking in the cards. Thanks!

 
Apollo and Hermes are traditional patrons of divination for the Greek pantheon then.

Thoth might fit in as well, if you view him through Graeco-Egyptian syncretism or through Western Hermetism... those who adhere to more traditional Kemetic religion might view him quite differently though.

spoOk

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 411
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: God/Goddess to Invoke while working with Divination/Tarot
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 02:28:01 am »
Quote from: Nachtigall;50490
Apollo and Hermes are traditional patrons of divination for the Greek pantheon then.

Thoth might fit in as well, if you view him through Graeco-Egyptian syncretism or through Western Hermetism... those who adhere to more traditional Kemetic religion might view him quite differently though.

 
I only invoke deity when wanting to talk to them directly via my tarot.
otherwise,I don't call on deity to use my tarot.
Ize bel zafen.
Ize bel daleen.

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
32 Replies
19283 Views
Last post December 06, 2012, 08:34:25 pm
by Dot
139 Replies
13676 Views
Last post January 06, 2012, 10:39:40 am
by Morag
14 Replies
1988 Views
Last post August 28, 2012, 12:18:14 am
by Aine Rayne
0 Replies
2524 Views
Last post June 29, 2015, 03:50:02 pm
by RandallS
3 Replies
749 Views
Last post February 23, 2017, 10:46:29 am
by ehbowen

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall