Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: deity identification?  (Read 1345 times)

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://theatreartistarcana.blogspot.com/
deity identification?
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »
I'm looking for a potential god or goddess who might be of help, guidance, answers, use to me. I'm not completely sure if I'm chasing a dead end or if my intuition's on to something here but I thought I'd ask and see if I might ring any bells.

-I'm leaning more towards female but if it is a goddess, she's not particularly sexual or concerned with gender. More ambiguous, very balanced. But could be a god.
-I also think it might be an Indian, Hindu god, which I'm admittedly not very familiar with. It could be that I'm still stuck on my recent callings on of Kali and Shiva though, so not particularly reliable.
-Their domain is based in control. Physical, mental, even emotional self-control. Taking back one's own power, balance, possibly also horses (? Maybe a fox, but I don't think the fox has anything to do with this one).
-I've also been really drawn to the color orange lately, which is not like me at all. Also blue, but that's more normal. I prefer cool colors.
-bonus points if they are good with creativity or keeping up with schoolwork!

Any thoughts? This reads very vague but any ideas I'd appreciate :)

PhantomQueen

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: deity identification?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »
Quote from: RoselynLibera;77815
I'm looking for a potential god or goddess who might be of help, guidance, answers, use to me. I'm not completely sure if I'm chasing a dead end or if my intuition's on to something here but I thought I'd ask and see if I might ring any bells.

-I'm leaning more towards female but if it is a goddess, she's not particularly sexual or concerned with gender. More ambiguous, very balanced. But could be a god.
-I also think it might be an Indian, Hindu god, which I'm admittedly not very familiar with. It could be that I'm still stuck on my recent callings on of Kali and Shiva though, so not particularly reliable.
-Their domain is based in control. Physical, mental, even emotional self-control. Taking back one's own power, balance, possibly also horses (? Maybe a fox, but I don't think the fox has anything to do with this one).
-I've also been really drawn to the color orange lately, which is not like me at all. Also blue, but that's more normal. I prefer cool colors.

My first impulse is to ask, 'Does it really matter *which* deity comes forward to help?'  Sometimes deity knows a bit more than we do and has advise that is just what we need...  

After that, I thought maybe Sekhmet may be worth looking into.  Macha is also associated with horses.  If Kali and Shiva have come calling, why not take a bit of time to get to know them and see what you can learn from them?  What have you go tto lose?  You could, at the very least, gain some new insight on things that you've not thought of otherwise :)  (just my opinion, for what it's worth ;))

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:12:33 pm »
Quote from: PhantomQueen;77817
My first impulse is to ask, 'Does it really matter *which* deity comes forward to help?'  Sometimes deity knows a bit more than we do and has advise that is just what we need...  

After that, I thought maybe Sekhmet may be worth looking into.  Macha is also associated with horses.  If Kali and Shiva have come calling, why not take a bit of time to get to know them and see what you can learn from them?  What have you go tto lose?  You could, at the very least, gain some new insight on things that you've not thought of otherwise :)  (just my opinion, for what it's worth ;))

It's more of me going to them for help :) And I'd like to call them by their proper name, I find that helps. It's almost the last piece of the puzzle, that I can't see the big picture until I have all the pieces in front of me, if that makes sense.

With Kali and Shiva, they were surprisingly pleasant but I got the strong sense that they couldn't help me with what I am looking for and are trying to push me in that right direction. They realize that their approach to problem-solving isn't the answer I need right now. But Sehkmet and Macha, I will certainly look further into!

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 06:14:45 am »
Quote from: RoselynLibera;77815

Gender ambiguity, control and keeping up with schoolwork - sounds like Athena. I'm not sure about orange associations, though.

Also, control is very strongly in Apollon's domain, as are creativity and schoolwork, with Him being the patron of arts and sciences.

Queen of Wands

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 09:44:54 am »
Quote from: Nachtigall;77885
Gender ambiguity, control and keeping up with schoolwork - sounds like Athena. I'm not sure about orange associations, though.

Also, control is very strongly in Apollon's domain, as are creativity and schoolwork, with Him being the patron of arts and sciences.

You know, you'd think it would be Athena but we do not get along at all. Completely incompatible. She makes it a point to ignore my existence and I roll along with my life (which is ridiculous, because she and my little sister get along great). But there are plenty of other gods in the sky! Fish and sea, whatever.

Apollon is interesting though. I never really looked him up much before but maybe some Apollon order instead of my usual Dionysus chaos is exactly what I need. I might try talking to him but he wasn't the god that has been poking at me:

PhantomQueen had the answer: Macha. I'm also really not up to brush on my celtic mythology; I know the Morrigan but I have never looked into her three forms before but as soon as I found Macha, she finally started talking straight to me, like "Good, you solved the test. Now let's get to work."

And then Persephone, my usual (and favorite :)) lady sent me a reminder that I should mediate more often and that Halloween is coming up. I should get working on that. But thanks to the both of you!

Tags: