Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Contact from three women.  (Read 2013 times)

Haggis

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Contact from three women.
« on: October 19, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm new here and very new to paganism. I had a question about your opinions on a dream I had. I have had reaccuring dreams in the last month about 3 women talking to me. A blonde, a dark brown haired, and a reddish brown haired. In the dreams the blonde always speaks first but i never remember what she says when I wake (I dont know if this is important but i always remember seeing her first and noticing she is quite attractive) the reddish brown haired is always quiet and solemn. And the dark brown haired one always talks last and seems dominate. She always grabs my attention and says or shows me something that sticks with me. In my first dream for example I met them while I was with my young brother. She asked me if I wanted to hear the secret and I replied no because I felt uncomfortable letting my brother hear it. Im not quite sure what it all meant. Last night in my dream it was the same thing with the three women but this time I was in a car in the passanger seat parked and when they appeared the dark brown haired got in the driver seat and started driving really fast. Again im not sure what they are telling me. I have been a follower of Loki for only a short while after an experience he wishes me not to share. And these women have been appearing in my dreams since. I assumed at first they must be the norns but I have heard them described as very plain looking but these 3 are all beautiful. I have been searching online for answers and I am open to the idea of these three being goddeses from another pantheon. So far my only experiences have been a UPG of Loki and a couple UPGs of these three women so I am open to suggestions. I looked up the triple goddesses but these three have seen is different in the sense that they are all the same age as opposed to young middle and old aged. Has anyone had any contact with these three? I was thinking maybe the Morrigan bur from what I have read on this forum she is a single goddess instead of the alleged triple in mythology. I hope I have not misused terminology in a disrespectful way. If I did it was out of my own ignorance and I apologize. I am very new to all this.

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Contact from three women.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:09:47 pm »
Quote from: Haggis;126089
Has anyone had any contact with these three? I was thinking maybe the Morrigan bur from what I have read on this forum she is a single goddess instead of the alleged triple in mythology.

My initial thought was of the Irish as I started reading your words, so I am going to stick with that thought and propose: Oonagh (light), Brighid (fire) and Morrigan (dark).
Grief and sorrow grows on the far banks of the river Styx, go there and visit them and you might not find your own way back home. - Achilles

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:42:15 am »
Hello everyone, I'm new here and very new to paganism. I had a question about your opinions on a dream I had. I have had reaccuring dreams in the last month about 3 women talking to me. A blonde, a dark brown haired, and a reddish brown haired. In the dreams the blonde always speaks first but i never remember what she says when I wake (I dont know if this is important but i always remember seeing her first and noticing she is quite attractive) the reddish brown haired is always quiet and solemn. And the dark brown haired one always talks last and seems dominate. She always grabs my attention and says or shows me something that sticks with me. In my first dream for example I met them while I was with my young brother. She asked me if I wanted to hear the secret and I replied no because I felt uncomfortable letting my brother hear it. Im not quite sure what it all meant. Last night in my dream it was the same thing with the three women but this time I was in a car in the passanger seat parked and when they appeared the dark brown haired got in the driver seat and started driving really fast. Again im not sure what they are telling me. I have been a follower of Loki for only a short while after an experience he wishes me not to share. And these women have been appearing in my dreams since. I assumed at first they must be the norns but I have heard them described as very plain looking but these 3 are all beautiful. I have been searching online for answers and I am open to the idea of these three being goddeses from another pantheon. So far my only experiences have been a UPG of Loki and a couple UPGs of these three women so I am open to suggestions. I looked up the triple goddesses but these three have seen is different in the sense that they are all the same age as opposed to young middle and old aged. Has anyone had any contact with these three? I was thinking maybe the Morrigan bur from what I have read on this forum she is a single goddess instead of the alleged triple in mythology. I hope I have not misused terminology in a disrespectful way. If I did it was out of my own ignorance and I apologize. I am very new to all this.

My religious interests are also Germanic gods and I've also had a dream about three women, one blonde and the other two brunettes. It was also the blonde whom I remember speaking in the dream. They seemed to be hostile in my experience--somewhat threatening and malicious-- and they seem to be that way with you as well? (Placing you in awkward and risky dream scenarios?)

Could all just be a coincidence. *shrug*

'Spirit women' are fairly common in Germanic beliefs. There are the dísr, often women tied to your ancestral line who can sometimes be hostile or benevolent depending on their opinion of your actions. Dís can often just mean women, and women were known to spiritually leave their beds at night and spirit travel with the Goddess Perchta or other Ladies of Abundance. But I wouldn't say these three are just women...

The closest to a triple goddess are the Matronae. Usually depicted as two older women on either side of a younger maiden. This would fit in with the two brunettes and the blonde. The Matronae are 'patrons' of many different things: specific locations, vocations, and tribes. But they are also frequently associated with fertility worship, death, the underworld, war. They're The Mothers so they can wear many hats, and may have inspired the Dís of later lore.

Personally, I haven't labeled the ones I experienced as anything specific. I just take what seems relevant and compatible in the folklore and mythology and work with that and accept that they just are.

If you come across any more ideas I'd like to hear them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:43:44 am by Juniperberry »
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:53:23 am »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;126608
My initial thought was of the Irish as I started reading your words, so I am going to stick with that thought and propose: Oonagh (light), Brighid (fire) and Morrigan (dark).

Had some more thoughts about Irish Mythology. Is there not something about Aine and two sisters of her being Queens in one of the Sidhe? Oh well I never seem to know what I think :p
Grief and sorrow grows on the far banks of the river Styx, go there and visit them and you might not find your own way back home. - Achilles

Fionnbharr

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:15:16 am »
I was thinking maybe the Morrigan

Sometimes I should just shut up until I understand my own thoughts, though to me it is always interesting how my words change one way or the other :whis: From the start I had Aine in my head but she did not fit into those others and I did not understand her presence and might still not to be honest. However I found that Aine by some is believed to be an aspect of The Morrigan and that she is part of a triple goddess trinity with her two sisters. On the page I found they were called Fenne and Grianne, however someone more traversed in the words of Irish Mythology might better know if that are the names or not.

Haggis

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:56:07 pm »
Quote from: Juniperberry;126628
My religious interests are also Germanic gods and I've also had a dream about three women, one blonde and the other two brunettes. It was also the blonde whom I remember speaking in the dream. They seemed to be hostile in my experience--somewhat threatening and malicious-- and they seem to be that way with you as well? (Placing you in awkward and risky dream scenarios?)

Yes in fact in the first of mine they offered to tell me "the mystery" but in my dream i was with my brother and i got a scary feeling he was in danger so i fled with him. The next i was parked in a car in the passenger seat and the "dominate" one got in the driver seat and the other two in the back and started driving insanely fast. I thought the dreams meant that my protectivness and duty to my family is getting in the way of my spiritual growth. And the second meant that I am letting others direct where my life is going. But both seemed very threatening and kinda creepy honestly. That is very interesting you brought that up.

Haggis

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;126608

That is very helpful thank you. I will do some research on Oonagh and Brighid. I know virtually nothing about them.

Haggis

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 04:04:48 pm »
Quote from: Fionnbharr;126736
Sometimes I should just shut up until I understand my own thoughts, though to me it is always interesting how my words change one way or the other :whis: From the start I had Aine in my head but she did not fit into those others and I did not understand her presence and might still not to be honest. However I found that Aine by some is believed to be an aspect of The Morrigan and that she is part of a triple goddess trinity with her two sisters. On the page I found they were called Fenne and Grianne, however someone more traversed in the words of Irish Mythology might better know if that are the names or not.

I think I need to do some extensive research. You have provided me with two possiblilities that are the best explanation I have heard so thank you.

Tags: