Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Can they 'relieve' you?  (Read 798 times)

Silverlight

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
    • http://lianslalas.bloglspot.com
Can they 'relieve' you?
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:38 pm »
I just wanted to pose this question.  I didn't know what else to call it besides "relieving" but... I've suddenly had this feeling that Brighid has left/relieved me of my services to her.  She's been there since the beginning of my practice 7 years ago... Is this possible?  Or do I just need to reconnect with her?

I'm concerned and worried.  Two years ago, Inari also called to me, and Brighid didn't seem to mind... so I'm not sure what could have happened to make me feel like this.  Any thoughts?

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
Re: Can they 'relieve' you?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »
Quote from: Silverlight;79407
Is this possible?  Or do I just need to reconnect with her?

Either one is completely possible, and unfortunately no one but you can really be the judge of which is the case here.

Deities come and go out of our lives, and that's okay. Sometimes they're here for a long while, sometimes they dart in and out, sometimes we only see them once, and sometimes we see them every day. It could very well be that your time with Brighid has come to an end and you're meant to seek other things; it could be that She's taken a step back and is encouraging you to reassess your practice; you may be experiencing a "dark night of the soul" or "fallow times" where it seems like spirituality just dries up for a bit. All of these are possible and normal.

If I were you, first I'd take a deep breath and not panic. All will be well. :) Second, try to set aside some time when you won't be disturbed where you meditate, pray, do divination, or whatever you need to do to communicate with Brighid. I'm going to indulge in some blind faith of my own and say that whatever you say, She will hear, even if you can't hear Her back.

Ask Her, plainly, what's going on. Tell Her how this makes you feel, and express your worries. Ask Her for guidance, and listen. If the answer doesn't make sense or doesn't come right away, that's okay. Take stock of how you feel, and take as much time as you need to reflect.

There may be a simple answer here, and there may not be. Whatever your experience is, likely someone else has had it too.

Good luck!
Danny
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Shine

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://houseofthelion.wordpress.com/
Re: Can they 'relieve' you?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »
Quote from: Silverlight;79407
I just wanted to pose this question.  I didn't know what else to call it besides "relieving" but... I've suddenly had this feeling that Brighid has left/relieved me of my services to her.  She's been there since the beginning of my practice 7 years ago... Is this possible?  Or do I just need to reconnect with her?

I'm concerned and worried.  Two years ago, Inari also called to me, and Brighid didn't seem to mind... so I'm not sure what could have happened to make me feel like this.  Any thoughts?

Perhaps you've been released from service. . . or not. Have you asked/meditated/prayed/divined on your concerns?

I second Sage, here. Deities come and go in our lives.

Sometimes I think we're released into the world to become more useful and stable for the deity(ies) we serve. For example, Bast released me from service as a sorta-priestess so I could go back to being in-training. And I needed that.
Leave your darkness with me, and I will make you shine.

Tags: