collapse

Author Topic: Artemis  (Read 1783 times)

Zarias

• View Profile
Artemis
« on: October 18, 2011, 10:59:16 pm »
I'm just wondering if there are any other followers of Artemis here. I have always felt a connection with the moon and later was told that the moon was the symbol of Artemis. I also feel I have a connection to Artemis and believe I have chosen the right Diety for me. Are there any other people here who worship her? Also, if you do, what rituals do you prefer to honour the moon cycle or Artemis?

Yindaijin

• View Profile
Re: Artemis
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:18:43 am »
Quote from: Zarias;26316
I'm just wondering if there are any other followers of Artemis here. I have always felt a connection with the moon and later was told that the moon was the symbol of Artemis. I also feel I have a connection to Artemis and believe I have chosen the right Diety for me. Are there any other people here who worship her? Also, if you do, what rituals do you prefer to honour the moon cycle or Artemis?

I worship Artemis too. She is one of my two patrons actually.

Hm, well, I like doing rituals for the full moon in honor of Artemis. I don't preform ritual nearly as much as I should though, so I really need to start doing them more often.

Noumenia (new moon ritual), however, is the most important moon ritual for me. It focuses largely on Apollo but I also honor Artemis as she is affiliated with the moon.
"The soul is dyed with the color of its thoughts." - Marcus Aurelius

2greyhounds

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:38:01 pm »

I have been told that she has always been my guide, but I did not know this until recently. She prefers I call her Diana, though. She told me that she prefers colorful herbs as gifts, and especially likes scarlet colored scarves. I found her one on Etsy (I love Etsy!)- which I do not wear, but put out on my alter for her. She requested I have a statue of her near a special tree.
I also have found that my other spirit guides are a centaur which I have no understanding why, a hedgehog who I have seen and think it means I am to be digging into becoming much more spiritual than I have been- in years, a wizard, ?Merlin, who I have seen, and Adrastia, who I did not know at first who she was (Also known as Nemeis, I guess). Also Thoth has been helpful to me.
This is all new to me however and as I have said before I feel quite like Alice in wonderland and am grateful to share this on the forum as everyone in my everyday life would think I've gone batty!

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:58:20 pm »
Quote from: 2greyhounds;27923
I have been told that she has always been my guide, but I did not know this until recently. She prefers I call her Diana, though...

That sounds as if Diana is your patron and not Artemis.  The  Artemis I have followed since my youth (I'm 52 now) and met many times in Greece / Turkey and the Black Sea region was absolute in her position that she not be called Diana as she constantly refered to her as "That Roman!"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:05:57 am by monsnoleedra »

monsnoleedra

• Sr. Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:04:46 am »

While Artemis is honored in later antiquity through an association to the moon it is probable that she was a solor goddess or shared a solor aspect with Apollo.  The earliest references speak frequently of her association to "Gold" with the Golden Hinds that pull her chariot, the golden arrows she shoots which later were changed to silver to reflect the moon and other associations with Gold which was representive of an association to the Sun vice Moon.

In some ways probably similiar to her association / comparrison to Bastet & Pahket who also started out as solar goddesses and later became associated to the moon.

2greyhounds

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 06:16:01 pm »
Quote from: monsnoleedra;27935
That sounds as if Diana is your patron and not Artemis.  The  Artemis I have followed since my youth (I'm 52 now) and met many times in Greece / Turkey and the Black Sea region was absolute in her position that she not be called Diana as she constantly refered to her as "That Roman!"

Wow! great thanks so much for that vital bit of information. I am learning so much every day.

Tags: