Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Archangel Michael?  (Read 2261 times)

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Archangel Michael?
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:53:50 pm »
I'm a Kemetic pagan, but I still feel close to Archangel Michael. Does anyone else work with angels? I have a St. Michael medal on my ancestral altar because my grandmother went to Catholic school.  I'm just curious to see how and if they are included in your practice.

hecate8

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Archangel Michael?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:09:45 pm »
Quote from: Izzie414;147020
I'm a Kemetic pagan, but I still feel close to Archangel Michael. Does anyone else work with angels? I have a St. Michael medal on my ancestral altar because my grandmother went to Catholic school.  I'm just curious to see how and if they are included in your practice.

I do the LBRP almost daily, so I evoke Michael and three other angels often. I've also done spellcasting from NAP and have worked with the angels from that book. I've also pathworked the tree of life and worked with the angels  there.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:14:47 pm by hecate8 »
Free or drug free? America can\'t be both!

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 09:03:09 am »

I'm Kemetic, but I don't include any of the Angels in my practice. I would suggest that if you're wanting to work with him, perhaps keeping it separate from your Kemetic practice? It might be easier to handle then attempting to get a sort of eclectic blend.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:06:02 am by Raine »
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:51:40 pm »

The extent of my work with them is the LBRP and arguing with Supernatural fangirls. When I was in my early twenties I was obsessed with them though, and read everything I could find on the mythology. But, yeah, not really involved in my daily practice.

Leirion

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://lilylionlabyrinth.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:46 pm »

I would say my practice is split pretty evenly between "the angel side" and "the god side" of things. I don't try and create any divides between them, but it seems like things fluctuate for me between those two groups. I haven't found a pattern yet. Sometimes it's just Angel Season (like I'm in now).

In my experience, angels as a whole can be just a tad xenophobic. I haven't had too many outright hostilities from them towards the gods I work with, but they are wary, and there seems to be a mutual not-understanding between the two. This can manifest as the wary, or sometimes just curiosity or indifference.

Most of my practice is internal, like doing journeywork. I do rituals and offerings sometimes, but not usually for angels. I do have a couple things sitting on my altar for a few of them, though.

I used to have visits from Michael, as well as Raphael and Uriel. I still do around once or twice a year. Those never went very well for me, but I know others who get along with them.

I lump in some entities that others would say aren't angels, but demons. Personally, I haven't been able to tell the difference with these entities very much (since they started out as angels, anyway, they still seem to have that 'angel strain' to their energy).

That being said, the ones I tend to deal with the most are Remiel/Ramiel, Zagzagael, Sariel, Samael, Raum, Lucifer, Asmodeus, Rahab, Malphas (not in a good way), and a few others whose names I have not found in lore yet.

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 03:22:55 am »

I'm just curious to see how and if they are included in your practice.

I have read that   the worship of Archangel Michael is  a reflection on the worship of the old Germanic God Thor - and the Roman God Iupiter.

Did you know that?

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:48 am »
Quote from: Larix;154780
I have read that   the worship of Archangel Michael is  a reflection on the worship of the old Germanic God Thor - and the Roman God Iupiter.

Did you know that?

I haven't heard that before. Do you have a website where I can read about this? I googled this morning, but then again it's 4 AM where I'm at so I'm not quite awake yet 😴

Tags: