collapse

Author Topic: Anyone else feel too thick-headed to notice God/dess contact?  (Read 6214 times)

Morphidae

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else feel too thick-headed to notice God/dess contact?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 11:26:27 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;54022
Those who don't experience direct contact are not defective, not inferior, and not "doing it wrong" (and, to refer back to the OP, not thick-headed); that's just how it usually works.

Am I the only one here who seeks out and receives divine contact any time I reach out - usually daily? If I sit quietly and listen, I always get a message. Even if it's just a "warm fuzzy." But often it's also a phrase or visual symbol.

Could it be I'm a soft polytheist (all god/desses are facets of the Divine) and a lot of people here tend more toward hard polytheism?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:27:06 am by Morphidae »

Elizabeth

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 08:58:43 pm »
Quote from: Sharysa;53596
If you've been listening and the signs haven't been getting increasingly blatant (have they?), then it seems like you just need to train yourself to keep an open mind.

Skepticism isn't wrong, but since you're actively trying to have faith, then you might literally have train yourself to think, "I may sound crazy on a logical standpoint, but crazier things have happened, so I'm going to go with it."

Yesterday I actually got a warm fuzzy feeling when reading about Nit (Neith). I saw someone mentioned they searched for God/dess who shares a value with them. For example, I searched Gods/desses of wisdom because knowledge/wisdom is a value I hold very high. I came upon Nit and just felt warm and fuzzy while reading about Her but it was weird because She is also a war Goddess which is not something I would have been looking for.

Looking deeper into Her mythology, She is also considered the matron of women, which I had been sorta looking for (I was looking for a motherhood figure for awhile).

Direct sign from her or not, I don't care. Reading about Her gave me the fuzzies so I intend to continue researching Her and probably offering to Her sometime.
“I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.” - Neil Gaiman

Elizabeth

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:10 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;54022
This.

While TC has an unusually high proportion of "godbothered" people, and elsewhere in Pagandom one often finds people making a Big Deal out of direct interaction (often with self-serving motives), it's not really all that common.  Those who don't experience direct contact are not defective, not inferior, and not "doing it wrong" (and, to refer back to the OP, not thick-headed); that's just how it usually works.

Sunflower

I've seen these exact sentiments shared throughout the Cauldron, even before the switch last July. And, I truly do understand it. It's just so hard to separate the reality from desire.

I grew up Christian and had a distant relationship from God. So, I decided I wanted a God/dess who was not so distant. Who interacted and was actively involved. I'm starting to see that not having direct contact doesn't mean the God/dess wouldn't be involved in my life. I could look to their mythology for guidance in matters and if I feel warm fuzzies, know I did something right based on how my deity would have handled it. UPG as well, even without direct contact that I can be almost 100% was from them.

I may not be making too much sense anymore. Typing out an epiphany is not an easy task :p
“I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time.” - Neil Gaiman

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 04:08:21 am »
Quote from: Morphidae;54080
Am I the only one here who seeks out and receives divine contact any time I reach out - usually daily? If I sit quietly and listen, I always get a message. Even if it's just a "warm fuzzy." But often it's also a phrase or visual symbol.

Could it be I'm a soft polytheist (all god/desses are facets of the Divine) and a lot of people here tend more toward hard polytheism?

Oh, no, you're not even close to the only one.  As I said, TC has an unusually high proportion of "godbothered" people - most of whom are hard polytheists.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Adnarim

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 03:00:29 pm »
hi!

i have had something of a response... i think. i have a thread opened on paimon.
 but since i was new at it, i still question what it was and have tried many times after and got no response whatsoever....i thought.. after a while , looking back things have occured, minor things, but i didnt see it at that time. i think actually giving a big Hey!!!! im here!!! will take a lot of energy? im very stubborn and impatient, that is not a good quality in this field

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »
Quote from: Adnarim;142555
hi!

i have had something of a response... i think. i have a thread opened on paimon.
 but since i was new at it, i still question what it was and have tried many times after and got no response whatsoever....i thought.. after a while , looking back things have occured, minor things, but i didnt see it at that time. i think actually giving a big Hey!!!! im here!!! will take a lot of energy? im very stubborn and impatient, that is not a good quality in this field

A Reminder:

Adnarim,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just  replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion  easier to follow, and it's required by  our  rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Melamphoros, TC Board Staff

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Tags: