collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?  (Read 1493 times)

BandShe

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:56:23 pm »
I'm going through a very complicated and difficult situation right now in terms of custody. Both my kids are in separate households and states and I wanted to file for full custodial custody of both. My luck is the worst and nothing ever seems to go my way.

Halloween is around the corner and I wanted to make a devotion and prayer to a specific deity to help me out with my outcome. I've done all I can with limited resources and so far the mundane world isn't being helpful at all. At the moment I don't have any of my pagan tools with me and am pretty limited with my herbs. Is there a great dedication I can do with mundane things lying around the house?

Thank you ahead of time for any input.

SkySamuelle

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 717
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:44:01 am »
Quote from: BandShe;78273
I'm going through a very complicated and difficult situation right now in terms of custody. Both my kids are in separate households and states and I wanted to file for full custodial custody of both. My luck is the worst and nothing ever seems to go my way.

Halloween is around the corner and I wanted to make a devotion and prayer to a specific deity to help me out with my outcome. I've done all I can with limited resources and so far the mundane world isn't being helpful at all. At the moment I don't have any of my pagan tools with me and am pretty limited with my herbs. Is there a great dedication I can do with mundane things lying around the house?

Thank you ahead of time for any input.

 
Demeter might be a good choice, based on Her loss of her daughter Persephone and her relentless reseach for her after.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

Aster Breo

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2886
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 82
    • View Profile
Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:50:21 am »
Quote from: BandShe;78273
I

Halloween is around the corner and I wanted to make a devotion and prayer to a specific deity to help me out with my outcome. I've done all I can with limited resources and so far the mundane world isn't being helpful at all. At the moment I don't have any of my pagan tools with me and am pretty limited with my herbs. Is there a great dedication I can do with mundane things lying around the house?


In case you missed it in my long post in your other thread, I got a bit of a nudge from Brighid (the goddess to whom I'm dedicated) to suggest that you ask Her for help.

Simply lighting a candle for Her and praying is really all you need to do.  If you want to add an offering, it can be something simple.  Dairy products, bread, honey, and beer are traditional. Even water is fine.  Or a small bit of your own meal. She also seems to like chocolate, Jameson whiskey, and Irish Mist.  ;)

I'd be careful about a *dedication* though.  I wouldn't advise you to make any commitments to a deity you've only just met or any promises you don't think through carefully.

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

BandShe

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:47:32 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;78305
In case you missed it in my long post in your other thread, I got a bit of a nudge from Brighid (the goddess to whom I'm dedicated) to suggest that you ask Her for help.

Simply lighting a candle for Her and praying is really all you need to do.  If you want to add an offering, it can be something simple.  Dairy products, bread, honey, and beer are traditional. Even water is fine.  Or a small bit of your own meal. She also seems to like chocolate, Jameson whiskey, and Irish Mist.  ;)

I'd be careful about a *dedication* though.  I wouldn't advise you to make any commitments to a deity you've only just met or any promises you don't think through carefully.

~ Aster

 
Should I light a particular colored candle? I find the dairy suggestion kinda funny since I'm lactose intolerant.:)

Aster Breo

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2886
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 82
    • View Profile
Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »
Quote from: BandShe;78382
Should I light a particular colored candle? I find the dairy suggestion kinda funny since I'm lactose intolerant.:)

No particular color is necessary.  Whatever you like or have on hand is fine.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Laveth

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Aug 2012
  • Posts: 885
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:47 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;78305
In case you missed it in my long post in your other thread, I got a bit of a nudge from Brighid (the goddess to whom I'm dedicated) to suggest that you ask Her for help.

Simply lighting a candle for Her and praying is really all you need to do.  If you want to add an offering, it can be something simple.  Dairy products, bread, honey, and beer are traditional. Even water is fine.  Or a small bit of your own meal. She also seems to like chocolate, Jameson whiskey, and Irish Mist.  ;)

I'd be careful about a *dedication* though.  I wouldn't advise you to make any commitments to a deity you've only just met or any promises you don't think through carefully.

~ Aster


What's Irish Mist? :p

BandShe

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 01:01:45 am »
Quote from: Laveth;78386
What's Irish Mist? :p

 
I was curious about that as well. Most likely is much cooler in my head than in real life.

Marilyn/Absentminded

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • *
  • Posts: 975
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 01:54:38 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;78386
What's Irish Mist? :p

 
It's Irish whiskey liqueur.

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

   In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Aster Breo

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2886
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 82
    • View Profile
Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 03:23:30 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;78475
It's Irish whiskey liqueur.


Yes.  And heaven in a bottle.  ;)
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

BandShe

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:38:04 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;78305
In case you missed it in my long post in your other thread, I got a bit of a nudge from Brighid (the goddess to whom I'm dedicated) to suggest that you ask Her for help.

Simply lighting a candle for Her and praying is really all you need to do.  If you want to add an offering, it can be something simple.  Dairy products, bread, honey, and beer are traditional. Even water is fine.  Or a small bit of your own meal. She also seems to like chocolate, Jameson whiskey, and Irish Mist.  ;)

I'd be careful about a *dedication* though.  I wouldn't advise you to make any commitments to a deity you've only just met or any promises you don't think through carefully.

~ Aster


I was wondering since Hermes seems to be fond of either my son or myself(I'm leaning towards my son because it was the only time he made his presence known), should I also ask him for help?

Siren

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 106
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:40:23 pm »
Quote from: BandShe;78985
I was wondering since Hermes seems to be fond of either my son or myself(I'm leaning towards my son because it was the only time he made his presence known), should I also ask him for help?


Hermes is certainly a deity I'd want on my side in court, given his qualities.

Especially fitting if he's shown a personal fondness for your son.

BandShe

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Oct 2012
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Any god/dess that's good for child custody cases?
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
Quote from: Siren;78986
Hermes is certainly a deity I'd want on my side in court, given his qualities.

Especially fitting if he's shown a personal fondness for your son.

Just noticed something while getting the specifics of offerings for Hermes: My son and I share a lot of things in common with Hermes.

My son: Trickster, fast, always getting in trouble. My son was born under the sign of Cancer and he's the ruler of the Orphic House of Cancer. He likes blueberries, strawberries(despite it not being the same sort of strawberry)

Myself: Strawberries, pomegranate seeds and blueberries. I love Frankincense, dragon's blood incsense(used for modern day offerings) and Myyrh.

I think those things alone always made me wonder which one of us did he chose. My son has a lot of the energy I would attribute to Hermes, but sometimes I feel he's also with me as well.

I also found out that his sacred day is Wednesday, which happens to be today on Halloween. Perfect day for a prayer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:10:49 pm by BandShe »

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
40 Replies
3637 Views
Last post June 07, 2012, 07:32:31 am
by SunflowerP
6 Replies
1054 Views
Last post April 20, 2014, 03:42:58 pm
by A Disgruntled Scotsman
5 Replies
1991 Views
Last post August 15, 2014, 12:22:55 pm
by Danyarose
0 Replies
1681 Views
Last post June 29, 2015, 02:32:16 pm
by RandallS
7 Replies
1502 Views
Last post November 25, 2019, 04:44:05 pm
by PerditaPickle

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall