collapse

Author Topic: a Dream I had  (Read 1243 times)

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
a Dream I had
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:44:04 am »
I had a dream a couple of weeks ago, and I am hopeing that maybe I can get some help with the meaning.  I know that I was being told something.  As I am new to all of this I am not sure what it is.  I have just begun my spiritual path and hae begun walking towards the path of paganism.  I have been doing a lot of research on paganism and doing a lot of reading.

The Hedge witch way has really drawn to me and my inner intuitive keeps telling me it fits.

Anyways back on subject.....I dreamt of the great horned god.  I saw him three times in what seemed to be three different eras.  I felt great strength and power from him, calmness.  I heard no words just saw images, In one scene he was in a stadium, in another he was in the woods by a waterfall and I cannot remember the last I just saw him, (I think inside a building).  I feel as if he was showing me a message.  I almost feel like the message had to do with my spriituality but I am not experienced enough to know.

Is there anyone that may know what it means to dream of the great horned god.  I have asked several others and no one answers me.  I would appreciate any help on this that can be given.

Thank you in advance.:)
                                           The spirit in me salutes the spirit in you
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: a Dream I had
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:45:25 am »
Quote from: millergrls;85662

Is there anyone that may know what it means to dream of the great horned god.  I have asked several others and no one answers me.  I would appreciate any help on this that can be given.

There is no one set meaning for this.

Two options I can offer:
either you are dreaming this, because you are really into reading and studying about Him, which would be a kind of dream incubation. (Which is either 'just' a dream, or your subcon working on things.)

Or they are the other kind of dreams, which is a way of communication the gods are known to use now and then. In that case it could be a message or even a thwapping.

No one can give you a fast answer here, because it is your dream, you know? :)
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

RandallS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:18 am »
 I feel as if he was showing me a message.  I almost feel like the message had to do with my spriituality but I am not experienced enough to know.

In my personal experience, dreams that are actual messages from a deity are very different from my normal dreams. They are much clearer (although not necessarily clear in meaning) and much more focused than my normal dreams -- and I remember them completely and in detail.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free
OSR.SPACE: Old School Tabletop RPG Community

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:38 am »
Is there anyone that may know what it means to dream of the great horned god.

Ask him- and keep asking. If that was him in the first place, he'll take your response as an invitation to say more.

Although possibly not directly. Pay attention to the symbolism of your other dreams for connections.

Nachtigall

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:29 am »
I had a dream a couple of weeks ago, and I am hopeing that maybe I can get some help with the meaning.  I know that I was being told something.  As I am new to all of this I am not sure what it is.  I have just begun my spiritual path and hae begun walking towards the path of paganism.  I have been doing a lot of research on paganism and doing a lot of reading.

The Hedge witch way has really drawn to me and my inner intuitive keeps telling me it fits.

Anyways back on subject.....I dreamt of the great horned god.  I saw him three times in what seemed to be three different eras.  I felt great strength and power from him, calmness.  I heard no words just saw images, In one scene he was in a stadium, in another he was in the woods by a waterfall and I cannot remember the last I just saw him, (I think inside a building).  I feel as if he was showing me a message.  I almost feel like the message had to do with my spriituality but I am not experienced enough to know.

One dream may mean nothing, but it can also convey some information useful to you, or serve as an invitation. So, research. Start practicing any form of magical or devotional work, if you feel so inclined. See if something within this deity resonates with you on a deeper level.

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »
Quote from: Gilbride;85678
Ask him- and keep asking. If that was him in the first place, he'll take your response as an invitation to say more.

Although possibly not directly. Pay attention to the symbolism of your other dreams for connections.

i will try that.  It was a very short dream just him in three different areas.  It didn't even feel as if it was a message.  I was just wondering if it may have symbolized something.  Thank you.:)
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 03:09:17 pm »
Quote from: Nachtigall;85685
One dream may mean nothing, but it can also convey some information useful to you, or serve as an invitation. So, research. Start practicing any form of magical or devotional work, if you feel so inclined. See if something within this deity resonates with you on a deeper level.

Ok, so perform a practice that uses him as a deity?  I wondered why I even was dreaming of him, i hadn't even researched him.  Maybe i am being told that I need to?  Or do my practice with him as the deity.  Thank you.  Let me know if I understand.
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »
Quote from: Tana;85669
There is no one set meaning for this.

Two options I can offer:
either you are dreaming this, because you are really into reading and studying about Him, which would be a kind of dream incubation. (Which is either 'just' a dream, or your subcon working on things.)

Or they are the other kind of dreams, which is a way of communication the gods are known to use now and then. In that case it could be a message or even a thwapping.

No one can give you a fast answer here, because it is your dream, you know? :)

what is thwapping?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:10:42 pm by millergrls »
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:15 pm »
Quote from: millergrls;85720
what is thwapping?

Oh sorry, it's a term that gets tossed around here fairly often.
It means that a deity is showing their interest in a human. And often make that clear by a spiritual smack on the head.
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

pagangirl86

• View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/veronicawood86
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »
Quote from: Tana;85722
It means that a deity is showing their interest in a human. And often make that clear by a spiritual smack on the head.

My interpretation of your dream would be that the great horned god is saying that in all stages of life he will be with you. Even when you think he is not there he is. I don't know if this makes sense to you but this is how I see it.

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »
Quote from: Tana;85722

Oh......:ashamed:Thank you.  Yeah, as you can tell I am new to all of this.  I will have to check it out.  My book of Gods and Godesses just came in the mail, I will have to check it out.  It felt as if the dream had some sort of meaning but, no real message.  Sort of like what you just said.  Someone was trying to get my attention.  Are there any gods with the name Losk?
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

millergrls

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 06:05:07 pm »
Quote from: pagangirl86;85726
My interpretation of your dream would be that the great horned god is saying that in all stages of life he will be with you. Even when you think he is not there he is. I don't know if this makes sense to you but this is how I see it.

Thank you.  I feel as if he was showing me something versus relaying a message but maybe they are the same thing.
                                                                Blessed Be
                                                                     Mary

Tags: