Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: Games: What are you playing right now?  (Read 39635 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Re: What are you playing right now?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2018, 07:15:07 am »
I've been playing a lot of Fallout 76

I personally find the game fun to play, and I won't pretend to hate it just because other people say it is bad.

Absolutely

Right now I'm playing The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker.

That sounds really interesting!

As for me, I don't have a lot of time to game but currently subscribed to World of Warcraft, so playing that when I do have a bit of time.

I do wish they'd introduce some other payment options for those players who work full time - something whereby you pay for a set chunk of time and it counts down the time you've spent playing until your current chunk has run out.  Ah well.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2018, 03:41:39 pm »
That sounds really interesting!

It was an interesting game. The only problem was that some of my questions didn't get an answer because they weren't made the right way. For example, "What do you think of X?" didn't get me an answer, so I tried "Tell me about X" and didn't get an answer either, and in the end I got a hint saying I should ask "What's the problem with X?". And sometimes not even the hint questions worked.

But I finished the game nonetheless and really enjoyed it. I'm not playing it again though, so I watched all the endings on YouTube.
Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2018, 11:37:08 pm »
I do wish they'd introduce some other payment options for those players who work full time - something whereby you pay for a set chunk of time and it counts down the time you've spent playing until your current chunk has run out.  Ah well.

Can you get WoW game cards at the local video game shop where you are? That's what I use; they come in 60 day chunks and then count down how much time is left on the Battle.net app.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

TsundokuTeaTime

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Left Hand Path with a dash of Polytheism
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her they/them
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2019, 01:58:23 pm »
What are you playing?

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and a dorky mobile game called Food Fantasy.
“It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself." ~Salvador Dali

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2019, 06:38:54 pm »
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and a dorky mobile game called Food Fantasy.

I've just completed Radiant Historia on DS. It's an RPG about time traveling and alternate timelines. There's also an environmental catastrophe, religious extremism, a sewer level, and a romance subplot (because of course there is.) I mostly liked it, although the random encounters got pretty tedious because there's always like a whole squad of enemies and it takes forever for everyone to take their turn.

I'm contemplating my stack of yet-to-be-played games and wondering if I should go for another RPG next or something completely different.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2019, 01:03:47 pm »
I've just completed Radiant Historia on DS. It's an RPG about time traveling and alternate timelines. There's also an environmental catastrophe, religious extremism, a sewer level, and a romance subplot (because of course there is.) I mostly liked it, although the random encounters got pretty tedious because there's always like a whole squad of enemies and it takes forever for everyone to take their turn.

I'm contemplating my stack of yet-to-be-played games and wondering if I should go for another RPG next or something completely different.

Hubby and I are playing 7 days 2 die together (with the Darkness Falls mod....super rough!), and just started the new season of Diablo 3 (I swear, every time we have been away for a couple seasons, something draws us back in...this time it was the D4 announcement).

We are also really into board games, so we just got in and tried out Cthulhu Death May Die (super hard, super fun), Architects of the Western Kingdoms (great 2 player as well as 4), and think we are trying Hate tonight (hubby and son played it, it's really only 2 players, we are borrowing it from a friend and thinking about picking up our own copy some day, so figured I needed to try it lol since most of the time soon it will be just hubby and me)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2019, 04:31:42 pm »
Can you get WoW game cards at the local video game shop where you are? That's what I use; they come in 60 day chunks and then count down how much time is left on the Battle.net app.

I missed this at the time it seems.

Our supermarket used to sell the 60 day game cards but they stopped; I do now work about one day most weeks from a different office where there's a video game store within walking distance though.

But what I really wish (and doubt Blizzard would ever facilitate) is that you could pause the game time following activation and only end up paying for what you've used rather than, potentially, activating the game time then it gets wasted if I'm unable to play again for the remaining 59 days (which could happen, with me).

Ah well.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2019, 02:34:55 pm »
I missed this at the time it seems.

Our supermarket used to sell the 60 day game cards but they stopped; I do now work about one day most weeks from a different office where there's a video game store within walking distance though.

But what I really wish (and doubt Blizzard would ever facilitate) is that you could pause the game time following activation and only end up paying for what you've used rather than, potentially, activating the game time then it gets wasted if I'm unable to play again for the remaining 59 days (which could happen, with me).

Ah well.

Kind of like the old internet payment plans "You have 30 hours of game play, any time spent logged into the game will count this time down, but when you are logged out it doesn't count."  It would be a great model for many people with time constraints!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2019, 06:04:51 pm »
Kind of like the old internet payment plans "You have 30 hours of game play, any time spent logged into the game will count this time down, but when you are logged out it doesn't count."  It would be a great model for many people with time constraints!

Exactly!  Could you kindly become a Blizzard dev long enough to implement this for me?!  Cheers   ;)

And now back (almost) on topic, I'm about to put the following on my Steam wishlist:

Wolf among us

and She sees red
(From the Metta Sutta)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2020, 12:24:36 pm »
I'm about to put the following on my Steam wishlist:

Wolf among us

and She sees red

I haven't played either of the above yet (in fact I can't even recall what they're about) -- I can, however, really recommend Murdered: Soul Suspect to those among you who are into story-led games, such as Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series or possibly if you like point and clicks.
(From the Metta Sutta)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2020, 06:27:41 pm »
I haven't played either of the above yet (in fact I can't even recall what they're about) -- I can, however, really recommend Murdered: Soul Suspect to those among you who are into story-led games, such as Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series or possibly if you like point and clicks.

I started my first Fire Emblem game recently and was rapidly hooked. The only trouble is that each stage is pretty time consuming, so I have to clear a whole evening if I want to play (yes, it's possible to save mid-stage, but ...)

I'm still contemplating whether it's worth buying a Switch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Karseid

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Exploring Hellenism
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2021, 05:44:07 am »
What are you playing?

I mostly play 3 different games right now: The Ys series of JRPGs, where I finished the first game and started the second over the weekend (I am a massive fan of its sister franchise Trails). Then there's Europa Universalis 4, and finally Octopath Traveler on my Switch during transit.
Never be too lazy to think.

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2021, 10:11:47 am »
I mostly play 3 different games right now: The Ys series of JRPGs, where I finished the first game and started the second over the weekend (I am a massive fan of its sister franchise Trails). Then there's Europa Universalis 4, and finally Octopath Traveler on my Switch during transit.

I just picked up Stardew Valley (yes, I know I'm waaay behind lol), and Last Epoc (which is sort of the lovebaby of Diablo-franchise and PoE...but I'm enjoying it, lots of great synergy in skills)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2021, 06:02:12 pm »
I just picked up Stardew Valley (yes, I know I'm waaay behind lol), and Last Epoc (which is sort of the lovebaby of Diablo-franchise and PoE...but I'm enjoying it, lots of great synergy in skills)

I just finished Detective Pikachu and it was ... eh? Decent for an adventure game, clearly aimed at kids so it's a bit hand-holdy but on the other hand the puzzles mostly made sense. The plot is good but the script is super cheesy. Also the title character is annoying.

I also just splurged on a Switch Lite and picked up Pokemon Snap (which I have wanted to try out ever since the N64 version) and Fire Emblem Three Houses, which promises to devour all my free time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2021, 07:35:37 pm »
Fire Emblem Three Houses, which promises to devour all my free time.

It did. I have no regrets.  ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Tags: