collapse

Author Topic: Games: What are you playing right now?  (Read 40083 times)

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing right now?
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2018, 07:07:09 pm »

Currently I am alternating between Pokemon SoulSilver (I'm up to 7 gym badges, and I have that Farfetch'd I always wanted) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. The latter is way more engrossing than I thought it would be, every time I turn it on three hours vanish.

*Dusts off thread*

I just finished playing Ghost Trick, and it is amazing. The graphics are stylish, the music is awesome, the puzzles are engaging without being too difficult, and the plot is intense. 10/10 will play again.

Anyone else?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lost/Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2018, 08:51:40 am »
*Dusts off thread*

I just finished playing Ghost Trick, and it is amazing. The graphics are stylish, the music is awesome, the puzzles are engaging without being too difficult, and the plot is intense. 10/10 will play again.

Anyone else?

What platform is Ghost Trick on? It is a struggle to find a game with puzzles that aren't crazy unrealistic in their expectations.

I'm currently playing a lot of Minecraft but my boyfriend just bought me a Game of the Year Edition "Elder Scrolls:Oblivion" with all the DLC included and I am pretty pumped to be done making Holiday Gifts so I have a chance to play it

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2018, 12:48:39 pm »
What platform is Ghost Trick on? It is a struggle to find a game with puzzles that aren't crazy unrealistic in their expectations.

I'm currently playing a lot of Minecraft but my boyfriend just bought me a Game of the Year Edition "Elder Scrolls:Oblivion" with all the DLC included and I am pretty pumped to be done making Holiday Gifts so I have a chance to play it

Hubby and a friend we board game with just got me into 7 days to die....it's super addicting if you like harvesting stuff and building things...and don't mind zombies!

Oh, and board games...SO many board games!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2018, 06:28:18 pm »

It's on the Nintendo DS and iOS, according to Gamefaqs. I played it on a 3DS. The puzzles are kind of physics/mechanical based (moving objects around and such) and they're not timed, so no need to rush to figure things out.

I recently picked up a game called Sushi Striker (3DS) which is hilarious (Sushi is the literal food of the Gods! The evil Empire and the good Republic are at war over access to sushi! People battle by eating sushi and throwing the plates at each other!) I like it, but I ran face-first into a steep learning curve, so I had to put it down for a while.

On the tabletop games side, I saw a Tintin-themed copy of Mille Bornes and just had to pick it up. It's a card game about car racing (you collect cards representing miles travelled) and I have fond memories of it from when I was young.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2018, 09:18:39 pm »

On the tabletop games side, I saw a Tintin-themed copy of Mille Bornes and just had to pick it up. It's a card game about car racing (you collect cards representing miles travelled) and I have fond memories of it from when I was young.

That sounds like so much fun!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2018, 10:06:05 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Stellaris, on the strategy side of things, and a lot of the Witcher 3 on the RP side. I've also been replaying the original dying light with my friends, in preparation for DL2.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2018, 10:48:14 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Stellaris, on the strategy side of things, and a lot of the Witcher 3 on the RP side. I've also been replaying the original dying light with my friends, in preparation for DL2.

Playing Borderlands 2. For the umpteenth time.

Oh, and I'm really eyeballing that new Spidey-edition PS4 Pro. I bet Red Dead 2 will look sweet on that.

(Last edited by Morag to fix quote code.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:14:50 am by Morag »
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2018, 11:32:05 pm »
Playing Borderlands 2. For the umpteenth time.

Oh, and I'm really eyeballing that new Spidey-edition PS4 Pro. I bet Red Dead 2 will look sweet on that.

Borderlands is great! Also, you seem to accidentally have put your comment inside a quote box.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2018, 01:17:07 am »
Borderlands is great! Also, you seem to accidentally have put your comment inside a quote box.

Huh. Whoops.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2018, 11:12:05 pm »
Huh. Whoops.

Fixededededed.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2018, 09:13:19 am »
What are you playing?

Video game wise, I'm playing a lot of Minecraft and Fable 3, peppered with discovering Warframe a little (at the prodding of my boyfriend and his buddy).

Card/Boardgame wise, mostly just playing Magic the Gathering. I'm running a Red/White Angel Chaos deck and loving it. I'm not in it to win I'm in it to make winning hard for the other guy *finger guns*

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2018, 06:55:43 pm »
Card/Boardgame wise, mostly just playing Magic the Gathering. I'm running a Red/White Angel Chaos deck and loving it. I'm not in it to win I'm in it to make winning hard for the other guy *finger guns*

That sounds like the time I built a Red/Blue deck intended to be as annoying as possible. I never got to play test it though ...

Right now I'm playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn which is quite entertaining. It's a turn-based RPG which also has a lot of environment puzzles (pushing logs around, raising/lowering water levels and such) which makes a nice change from only fighting random monsters. Plus, unlike in Final Fantasy, your MP recovers while you walk around. I am having a lot of fun with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

LadyBug

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2018, 07:26:57 pm »

That sounds like the time I built a Red/Blue deck intended to be as annoying as possible. I never got to play test it though ...

I would totally play that deck! That sounds like so much fun

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2018, 10:46:14 pm »

I've been playing a lot of Fallout 76; I know, the launch was a horrible mess, and the duffle bag scandal was idiotic; I won't defend Bethesda on any of that! However, I personally find the game fun to play, and I won't pretend to hate it just because other people say it is bad.

I've also been playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2; the new DLC lets you customize your religion if you are pagan! It also makes Crusades more interesting and adds Hellenism to the game, along with the option to randomly generate alt-History starts. Well worth the money.

Eagerly awaiting the new Stellaris DLC, as well as the Fallout New Vegas mod The Frontier and the TTW update.

Intermittently been playing old staples of mine inc. Borderlands 2, The Witcher 3, WoW, and Warframe.

Looking into possibly playing Borderlands 1, and The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker, as well as a promising looking indie RPG called Hard West. Eventually gonna get around to completing Pillars of Eternity.

Yep. That's pretty much what I'm playing/have been playing/thinking about playing right now.

IceAngie

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she, her, hers
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2018, 07:57:31 pm »

Right now I'm playing The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker. It's a lovecraftian game where you are a detective trying to find out which if Dr Dekker's patients murdered him (if he was murdered). You basically write questions and get video answers from the patients. Here is the trailer:

Angeles/IceAngie/Selegna.

Tags: