collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Recommended games for 360/Kinect  (Read 1898 times)

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »
I've only ever had Nintendo (and only played Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda) so I'm not familiar with games for other consoles. I like Zelda a lot because you can wander at your own pace and explore the world. I bought Skyrim because that sounded like something I'd like.

What games for 360 do you like/recommend? Have you played any fun ones for Kinect?

Nyktipolos

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • *
  • Posts: 1498
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;36645
I've only ever had Nintendo (and only played Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda) so I'm not familiar with games for other consoles. I like Zelda a lot because you can wander at your own pace and explore the world. I bought Skyrim because that sounded like something I'd like.

What games for 360 do you like/recommend? Have you played any fun ones for Kinect?

 
Hm. The majority of games I play are now on multiple platforms (although that's usually Xbox/PS/PC), so my answers may be skewed. Personally I prefer the Assassin's Creed series, as well as the Mass Effect series, although AC is more of an open sandbox game compared to Mass Effect, but with Mass Effect you can customize almost everything with your character (within certain parametres). Both have some pretty good storylines, in my eyes. If you're into something that is particularly dark and love comic books, Arkham Asylum/City are very highly recommended.

Although the majority of the sandbox games I prefer, which are also RPGs, tend to be only on the PC, like WoW, Guild Wars, etc. :o

I don't have a lot of experience with the Nintendo game consoles, so I can't really suggest "If you like Nintendo game X, get this game!". Sorry Fier. :/
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

stephyjh

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1597
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:28:53 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;36648
Hm. The majority of games I play are now on multiple platforms (although that's usually Xbox/PS/PC), so my answers may be skewed. Personally I prefer the Assassin's Creed series, as well as the Mass Effect series, although AC is more of an open sandbox game compared to Mass Effect, but with Mass Effect you can customize almost everything with your character (within certain parametres). Both have some pretty good storylines, in my eyes. If you're into something that is particularly dark and love comic books, Arkham Asylum/City are very highly recommended.

Although the majority of the sandbox games I prefer, which are also RPGs, tend to be only on the PC, like WoW, Guild Wars, etc. :o

I don't have a lot of experience with the Nintendo game consoles, so I can't really suggest "If you like Nintendo game X, get this game!". Sorry Fier. :/

 
I like Skyrim, but I've been playing it on PC. One of my coworkers, a diehard XBox guy, just picked up Arkham Asylum, and he's been really enjoying it.
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:34:12 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;36648

I don't have a lot of experience with the Nintendo game consoles, so I can't really suggest "If you like Nintendo game X, get this game!". Sorry Fier. :/

 
That's okay. I don't have many games for Nintendo either.

Can you tell me a little about the games you mentioned? Like a general setting/storyline?

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;36652
I like Skyrim, but I've been playing it on PC. One of my coworkers, a diehard XBox guy, just picked up Arkham Asylum, and he's been really enjoying it.

 
Thanks, I'll read more about it.

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;36645
I've only ever had Nintendo (and only played Nintendo games like Mario and Zelda) so I'm not familiar with games for other consoles. I like Zelda a lot because you can wander at your own pace and explore the world. I bought Skyrim because that sounded like something I'd like.

What games for 360 do you like/recommend? Have you played any fun ones for Kinect?


For 360, I recommend the following:

- Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 - all by Bethesda.  They are sandbox, action RPGs.  The first two take place in Tamriel and are part of the Elder Scrolls series (V and IV, respectively).  The third takes place in post-apocalyptic Maryland/Virginia (DC area)

- Fallout: New Vegas - Obsidian/Bethesda - sandbox, post-apocalyptic Nevada

- Mass Effect 1 & 2 - Bioware.  Semi-sandbox, action RPG, outer space

- Dragon Age: Origins - Bioware.  Semi-sandbox, action RPG, fantasy

Dragon Age 2 was okay; bits of it are spectacular, bits are not-so-much

I've not played any games using Kinect yet, but will get around to it at some point.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

MadZealot

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Location: So Cal
  • Posts: 2465
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 172
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Bitter Clinger. Sith Lord.
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:15:19 am »
Quote from: veggiewolf;37232
I've not played any games using Kinect yet, but will get around to it at some point.


I'll get the Kinect for the upcoming Star Wars title.

The games that get the most play on my 360 are the Gears of War series, Red Dead Redemption, and Batman: Arkham City.  Each differs from the others in style and content.
Spider Man 3 never happened. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Fier

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Recommended games for 360/Kinect
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;37316
Red Dead Redemption

 
Is the Western one? I was reading about some really funny glitches in that game. (Horse-woman, talking coyote, cougar-man, flying deer.)

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
2794 Views
Last post March 03, 2013, 01:25:39 am
by Dark Midnight
8 Replies
3256 Views
Last post December 31, 2013, 11:05:53 pm
by Allec
8 Replies
2315 Views
Last post October 13, 2016, 05:04:23 pm
by Freesia
2 Replies
846 Views
Last post January 23, 2019, 07:03:00 pm
by Eastling
1 Replies
913 Views
Last post May 03, 2020, 03:58:36 am
by Aster Breo

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall