Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Games: Plague Inc: Evolved  (Read 2190 times)

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Plague Inc: Evolved
« on: June 14, 2017, 01:11:22 pm »
Anyone else playing this?

I started playing yesterday (and totally didn't sleep >.<). It's a lot like that web browser game, Pandemic II, that I used to play endlessly in the library at university instead of doing my homework. However, it's a lot more advanced, and because it's on Steam there are ~*~ACHIEVEMENTS~*~.

The basic premise of the game is: you are a disease of some sort, and your goal is to infect all of humanity and probably kill them. You collect DNA points and use those to evolve in order to more effectively spread. The faster humanity detects you/you scare them, the faster they work towards a cure and shut down their borders. So there's a huge balancing act in what you choose early on before you can push the lethal symptoms (and your disease can mutate spontaneously).

(The tendency of Madagascar to be the hardest place to grab in Pandemic II is the source of the SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING. meme.)

Anyway, super fun. Right now just trying to unlock enough starter gene types so I can actually beat a game with the zombie and vampire plagues. So far my favourite to play with is the Neurax Worm because you can make humanity worship it like a god.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:43:49 am by RandallS »
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Plague Inc: Evolved
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:42:23 pm »
Anyone else playing this?

I started playing yesterday (and totally didn't sleep >.<). It's a lot like that web browser game, Pandemic II, that I used to play endlessly in the library at university instead of doing my homework. However, it's a lot more advanced, and because it's on Steam there are ~*~ACHIEVEMENTS~*~.

The basic premise of the game is: you are a disease of some sort, and your goal is to infect all of humanity and probably kill them. You collect DNA points and use those to evolve in order to more effectively spread. The faster humanity detects you/you scare them, the faster they work towards a cure and shut down their borders. So there's a huge balancing act in what you choose early on before you can push the lethal symptoms (and your disease can mutate spontaneously).

(The tendency of Madagascar to be the hardest place to grab in Pandemic II is the source of the SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING. meme.)

Anyway, super fun. Right now just trying to unlock enough starter gene types so I can actually beat a game with the zombie and vampire plagues. So far my favourite to play with is the Neurax Worm because you can make humanity worship it like a god.
I play the free phone version every so often and it's a butt ton of fun. I assume you can name the virus in your version, and for the past 8 months or so I've been naming mine Trump so if I win it'll say "Trump has successfully killed all life on Earth."

It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Plague Inc: Evolved
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:37:38 am »
I play the free phone version every so often and it's a butt ton of fun. I assume you can name the virus in your version, and for the past 8 months or so I've been naming mine Trump so if I win it'll say "Trump has successfully killed all life on Earth."

It's the little things that make life worthwhile.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Yup, you can name them on the PC version. I just destroyed all life on earth with a nano-virus called CAPITALISM. I laughed heartily, and then sighed.

Then I named a bio-weapon "Whoops", which amused me heartily.

I finally beat a game with the zombie plague! Having the creationist gene is a life-saver. STILL CANNOT BEAT IT WITH VAMPIRE PLAGUE. Templars keep killing my vamps.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Tags: