Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Games: Mmo-rpg  (Read 7102 times)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Mmo-rpg
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 01:07:26 pm »
What MMO do you play? I fully expect many answers to maybe be World of Warcraft, but lets see what else is out there!

Oh, feel free to share server and name if you want to play with others from TC!

Secret World Legends:  a remake of The Secret World, now more solo-friendly (sadly not the direction I wished the game would go).  It's a modern horror RPG with a strong focus on investigation and lore.  Lots of fighting too, of course....but WAY more investigation missions than any other game I've ever played...and actual challenging investigations.  You WILL have to look stuff up on the internet (including game-created websites for some of the NPC's).

But as much as I love SWL, I don't think it's got the staying power, and it's much more casual now than it was.  So hubby and I are eagerly awaiting:

Pantheon:  A throwback game, updated for new technology.  It's created by one of the original devs of Everquest (the original), and the target audience is old-school gamers who liked the sense of community and progression that we used to have.  It is heavily group based, so don't expect to be able to run around solo, killing everything.  It has some really fantastic sounding exploration abilities (which are class specific, so the rogue might get different information than the fighter), as well as atmospheric conditions (cold areas will have detrimental effects if your resistances aren't up).  I think closed beta will begin sometime in 2018...can't wait!
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 03:06:28 pm »
What MMO do you play?

I only play off and on, but when I do it's mostly Wildstar and WoW.  My husband occasionally talks me into dipping in and out of ESO.

My husband plays: Wildstar, WoW, Final Fantasy 14, STO, SWTOR, DCUO, BDO, LOTRO, ESO and Guild Wars 2.  We used to play Neverwinter together for a little while too.  (I don't really have time to RPG whereas my husband doesn't really subscribe to The Real World.  ;D )

(Edited because missed one)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 03:08:55 pm »
Secret World Legends:  a remake of The Secret World, now more solo-friendly (sadly not the direction I wished the game would go).  It's a modern horror RPG with a strong focus on investigation and lore.  Lots of fighting too, of course....but WAY more investigation missions than any other game I've ever played...and actual challenging investigations.  You WILL have to look stuff up on the internet (including game-created websites for some of the NPC's).

That actually sounds like my kind of game, apart from the looking stuff up online bit.
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 10:57:03 am »
That actually sounds like my kind of game, apart from the looking stuff up online bit.

There are many good guides for the trickier quests.  It's actually one thing we tell a lot of new people to the game:  there is no shame in looking up something that is making you frustrated!  Research/figure out the ones you enjoy (I personally love symbol based puzzles, so there are a few cryptography ones that I did myself, from scratch, that most people just skip), and then look up the ones that make you want to quit (as much as I love origami, I did not do one that required folding the origami pages to find the right Japanese characters then looking those up to figure out the clue...I did not want to try to figure out how to google Japanese characters)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 06:14:54 pm »
There are many good guides for the trickier quests.  It's actually one thing we tell a lot of new people to the game:  there is no shame in looking up something that is making you frustrated!  Research/figure out the ones you enjoy (I personally love symbol based puzzles, so there are a few cryptography ones that I did myself, from scratch, that most people just skip), and then look up the ones that make you want to quit (as much as I love origami, I did not do one that required folding the origami pages to find the right Japanese characters then looking those up to figure out the clue...I did not want to try to figure out how to google Japanese characters)

Not that I get a lot of time to play games generally (and my husband just got me back into WoW again, so for the next 28 days until my subscription expires when I'm not at work I'll probably be frying my brain in Azeroth!)
(From the Metta Sutta)

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 09:45:30 am »
Not that I get a lot of time to play games generally (and my husband just got me back into WoW again, so for the next 28 days until my subscription expires when I'm not at work I'll probably be frying my brain in Azeroth!)

They do monopolize your time!  I could never be one of those people who play multiple MMO's at the same time.  I can log in for a quick daily log in bonus...but anything that involves actual playing, I'm pretty much a one game gal.

Nothingness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Religion: Celtic Shamanic Wicca, currently studing Druidry and I'm in OBOD.
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 06:33:07 pm »
What MMO do you play?

I play Blade & Soul, love the eastern setting, the story, the classes are fun to play.  I'm taking a break from Final Fantasy 14.

Tags: