collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 25 September 2020: $544 donated. Only $166 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


Author Topic: weevils and puppies  (Read 1035 times)

sailor

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1505
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
weevils and puppies
« on: January 30, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »
The current two annoyances in the kitchen where I'm living.

Bugs have gotten into lots of the items on the shelf. Doesn't help that some of them have best used by dates of 2002.  Room mate / landlord / cousin bought or was given food over the years, especially when he was sick, and never got around to eating it. Mostly add meat type box foods.

Slowly going after the stuff. Makes making dinner interesting. Open box and do basic inspection. Then open each component to see if it's still bug free. Then take out the meat, etc to actually start cooking.

Tonight was supposed to be chicken teryaki w/rice. Three boxes later had herb chicken.

He also has a new puppy who gets into everything, including the trash.

Owl

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 587
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Other
Re: weevils and puppies
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
Quote from: sailor;40964
The current two annoyances in the kitchen where I'm living.

Bugs have gotten into lots of the items on the shelf. Doesn't help that some of them have best used by dates of 2002.  Room mate / landlord / cousin bought or was given food over the years, especially when he was sick, and never got around to eating it. Mostly add meat type box foods.

Slowly going after the stuff. Makes making dinner interesting. Open box and do basic inspection. Then open each component to see if it's still bug free. Then take out the meat, etc to actually start cooking.

Tonight was supposed to be chicken teryaki w/rice. Three boxes later had herb chicken.

He also has a new puppy who gets into everything, including the trash.

 
You have a stronger stomach than I do - I would be throwing out all the old stuff to get the bugs out of my kitchen.  But I get kinda anal about that kind of thing.  Hope the herb chicken was good!

Puppies need training.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

sailor

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1505
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: weevils and puppies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:29 pm »
Quote from: Owl;40967
You have a stronger stomach than I do - I would be throwing out all the old stuff to get the bugs out of my kitchen.  But I get kinda anal about that kind of thing.  Hope the herb chicken was good!

Puppies need training.

 
It's not my food. Best I can do is offer to cook for the two of us and dump anything that is contaminated or looks bad.

Celtag

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 424
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: weevils and puppies
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »
Quote from: sailor;40969
It's not my food. Best I can do is offer to cook for the two of us and dump anything that is contaminated or looks bad.
extra protein! lol
[Now using the Cryfder account]

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
52 Replies
13524 Views
Last post April 22, 2012, 05:43:36 am
by PlaceboArtist
26 Replies
8985 Views
Last post January 17, 2013, 08:05:52 pm
by FollowerofOdin
0 Replies
1792 Views
Last post July 24, 2011, 11:45:27 am
by Haganrix
8 Replies
3464 Views
Last post March 11, 2017, 03:07:52 pm
by Tom
7 Replies
593 Views
Last post September 30, 2013, 11:27:15 pm
by missgraceless

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal