collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: cheesecake and candy recipe help?  (Read 2160 times)

BunnyMaz

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 122
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »
Went foraging today and came home with a baggie of elderberries, rosehips and brambles.  Also picked up a HUGE packet of cheap digestives from Wilkos.

In a couple of days I'll have some money and really want to make a cheesecake.

SO!

Elderberry, bramble or rosehip?  The rosehips will need deseeding and candying, but I have some already candied and dried in the cupboard and could make a simple rosehip syrup/jam to spoon over.  Elderberries are easier but I'd need to go out for more, and the brambles are a bit low in numbers since the bushes around here have been a bit miserly of late.

And does anyone know if you can get lemon flavour popping candy?  And whether it retains its *pop* if its baked?

Wood Rose

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 114
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:28:50 pm »
Quote from: BunnyMaz;14820
Went foraging today and came home with a baggie of elderberries, rosehips and brambles.  Also picked up a HUGE packet of cheap digestives from Wilkos.

In a couple of days I'll have some money and really want to make a cheesecake.

SO!

Elderberry, bramble or rosehip?  The rosehips will need deseeding and candying, but I have some already candied and dried in the cupboard and could make a simple rosehip syrup/jam to spoon over.  Elderberries are easier but I'd need to go out for more, and the brambles are a bit low in numbers since the bushes around here have been a bit miserly of late.

And does anyone know if you can get lemon flavour popping candy?  And whether it retains its *pop* if its baked?

 
Sorry, can't help with this. I make savory cheesecake, like jalapeno. I love jalapeno cheesecake.

Katefox

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 127
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:25 pm »
Quote from: Wood Rose;14882
Sorry, can't help with this. I make savory cheesecake, like jalapeno. I love jalapeno cheesecake.

 
Jalapeno...cheesecake...?  I wouldn't have thought those two go together.  Although I've never heard of making savoury cheesecake at all, so...

Anyway, the only cheesecake recipe I have is for mini-cheesecakes.  Which are delicious.  And might solve your problem, because then you could do half in elderberry, and half in bramble, and it wouldn't matter that you're short on each.

Wood Rose

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 114
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:44:25 am »
Quote from: Katefox;14917
Jalapeno...cheesecake...?  I wouldn't have thought those two go together.  Although I've never heard of making savoury cheesecake at all, so...

Anyway, the only cheesecake recipe I have is for mini-cheesecakes.  Which are delicious.  And might solve your problem, because then you could do half in elderberry, and half in bramble, and it wouldn't matter that you're short on each.

 
Oh yes, jalapeno cheesecake is so good. The cheesecake gets the flavor of the pepper, with just a hint of the heat. when I make it and take it somewhere people all love it, but cannot recognize the flavor.

Etheric1

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 421
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:31:28 am »
Quote from: Wood Rose;14986
Oh yes, jalapeno cheesecake is so good. The cheesecake gets the flavor of the pepper, with just a hint of the heat. when I make it and take it somewhere people all love it, but cannot recognize the flavor.

 
Ok, I'm going to have to try that sometime...  Sounds like one of those rare things that sounds beyond nasty but is in fact yummy.
No matter how dark the fur, the bunny is still fluffy. - Mel\'s Law of Dark Fluffs.
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear. – Albert Camus
You can easily judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them. - unknown
“We cannot change our memories, but we can change their meaning and the power they have over us” - David Seamands

BunnyMaz

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 122
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:44 am »
Quote from: Wood Rose;14986
Oh yes, jalapeno cheesecake is so good. The cheesecake gets the flavor of the pepper, with just a hint of the heat. when I make it and take it somewhere people all love it, but cannot recognize the flavor.

 
I think I am going to have to beg you for the recipe...

Wood Rose

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 114
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: cheesecake and candy recipe help?
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 10:35:20 am »
Quote from: BunnyMaz;15023
I think I am going to have to beg you for the recipe...


Note TB= Tablespoon, C=cup, tsp=teaspoon
 
------------------Crust----------------------------------------
1 pkg Graham Crackers; powdered
4TB butter
1/8 C Brown sugar

Combine all crust ingredients. Press into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F. Cool

---------------------Cheesecake--------------------------------

32 ounce Cream Cheese
1/8 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C sugar
1 1/8C Sour Cream
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp Vanilla
4 eggs; large
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
3 Jalapenos; medium size

Remove jalapeno seeds if a cooler cake is wanted. Chopp Jalapenos until all flesh is the size of the seeds. Beat Cream Cheese and Sour cream until smooth. Add all other ingreadients one at a time again beating until smooth. Pout into crust bake 1 hour at 225F.

---------------------------Topping------------------------------
1/2 C Sour cream
1/8 C sugar
2 eggs; large

Combine all topping ingredients. Whip into a froth. Pour over cheesecake; bake 15 minutes at 300F.

Turn off oven, open the door a bit and let cool until room temp. Then chill before serving.

Note: It is supposed to be a little mushy when done rather than solid like most cheesecakes, howevery if you prefer the firmer cheesecake raise the temp about 25 degrees and cook a little longer. This can also be served warm or "nuked".

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
911 Views
Last post November 02, 2013, 06:29:59 pm
by mandrina
33 Replies
9382 Views
Last post November 26, 2014, 06:52:50 pm
by Sefiru
0 Replies
1163 Views
Last post April 25, 2014, 12:43:54 pm
by veggiewolf
0 Replies
856 Views
Last post October 03, 2014, 09:21:24 am
by Caleb Oak
7 Replies
2285 Views
Last post October 05, 2016, 06:19:18 pm
by blessedoutcast

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall