collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Community Project: Building an FAQ  (Read 5476 times)

Fier

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Community Project: Building an FAQ
« on: August 08, 2011, 08:42:40 am »
Since the installation of the SIG there has been increased interest in FlameKeeping, but many people seem confused as to what it's about and how to get started. As part of a "Beginner's Guide To FlameKeeping", I think we should put together a FAQ.

Feel free to post your questions in this thread, even if you don't know the answers to them. *beats bushes for lurkers*

So, to get us started:
What is FlameKeeping?
What are the core beliefs?
What rituals or practices are involved?
What is required to be a FlameKeeper?
Is FlameKeeping compatible with [insert religion here]?

Hopefully more once my brain has been activated.

Shawnee

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 76
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11410
Feel free to post your questions in this thread, even if you don't know the answers to them. *beats bushes for lurkers*

 
Oww that hurt. As I've been working on the essays I keep running into a new essay that seems to relate to one I have done days back. Do you think organizing the essays into related topics and maybe a recommended order would be a good thing? Hello, I'm Shawnee and a Virgo who loves organization lol.

Fier

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »
Quote from: Shawnee;11503
Oww that hurt. As I've been working on the essays I keep running into a new essay that seems to relate to one I have done days back. Do you think organizing the essays into related topics and maybe a recommended order would be a good thing? Hello, I'm Shawnee and a Virgo who loves organization lol.

 
Are you reading the essays on TC or on FlameKeeping.org? Because there is a loose grouping on FK.org, here: http://www.flamekeeping.org/?page_id=2

Or are you asking for further organization?

veggiewolf

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 3105
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 04:51:47 pm »
Quote from: Shawnee;11503
Oww that hurt. As I've been working on the essays I keep running into a new essay that seems to relate to one I have done days back. Do you think organizing the essays into related topics and maybe a recommended order would be a good thing? Hello, I'm Shawnee and a Virgo who loves organization lol.


Most of the essays are tagged, but I can certainly take a look on the site and see what could be "re-orged".

-Veggie, Official FK Business Manager and Shad-Keeper
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Shawnee

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 76
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 05:13:36 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11513
Are you reading the essays on TC or on FlameKeeping.org? Because there is a loose grouping on FK.org, here: http://www.flamekeeping.org/?page_id=2

Or are you asking for further organization?


I was doing both but have been at .org mostly. I started with March 2011 and then began moving through the pasts months. Thank you so much for that link. It looks just like what I needed. :)

JuniperMorgan

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 197
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 05:48:19 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11513
Are you reading the essays on TC or on FlameKeeping.org? Because there is a loose grouping on FK.org, here: http://www.flamekeeping.org/?page_id=2

Or are you asking for further organization?

 
*sneaks out of bushes long enough to snag link and retreats back to safe hiding place to continue lurking for a bit* :ninja:
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

sugarmagnolia

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 49
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:31:57 am »
Quote from: FierFlye;11513
Are you reading the essays on TC or on FlameKeeping.org? Because there is a loose grouping on FK.org, here: http://www.flamekeeping.org/?page_id=2

Or are you asking for further organization?

 
*** Casually wanders by, looks around, snatches links and gleefully runs off***

HeartShadow

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2195
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:42 am »
Quote from: Shawnee;11503
Oww that hurt. As I've been working on the essays I keep running into a new essay that seems to relate to one I have done days back. Do you think organizing the essays into related topics and maybe a recommended order would be a good thing? Hello, I'm Shawnee and a Virgo who loves organization lol.

 
Yeah, I wrote them as they came to me, and often they related to something I'd already done but not what I'd JUST done.

Good thing I have organizers! :D

Arcadia

  • Journeyman
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 114
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 12:45:37 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11513
http://www.flamekeeping.org/?page_id=2

 
Thank you for posting this link.:)
Guided be the hand and mind
[/FONT]

Devo

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 346
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »
Quote from: Shawnee;11526
I was doing both but have been at .org mostly. I started with March 2011 and then began moving through the pasts months. Thank you so much for that link. It looks just like what I needed. :)

 
I started this way, but found that using the ToC was a lot easier for me to understand. So I would suggest going with the ToC layout, and not just the archive format.

The only question I can think of is- how do I get started? I understand reading and journaling is the first step- but is there more?

If I think of more, I'll post them.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

SunflowerP

  • Host
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Calgary AB
  • Posts: 8226
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 248
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;11677
Yeah, I wrote them as they came to me, and often they related to something I'd already done but not what I'd JUST done.

Good thing I have organizers! :D

 
I suspect there are limits on how linearly organized they can be - I'm betting the essays kind of follow the FlameKeeping worldview, and everything is connected to everything else.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

HeartShadow

  • Adept Member
  • ********
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2195
  • Total likes: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 08:30:41 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;11856
I suspect there are limits on how linearly organized they can be - I'm betting the essays kind of follow the FlameKeeping worldview, and everything is connected to everything else.

Sunflower

 
Well, isn't that how reality works? ;)

Fier

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Michigan
  • Posts: 820
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 7
  • Daughter of the Cosmos
    • View Profile
  • Religion: FlameKeeping
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;11410
I think we should put together a FAQ.


Here is a list of questions we came up with in chat. Now all the FlameKeepers can help out by signing up to answer one or more questions! I think an answer and links to any appropriate essays would be great.

Just reply with any of the questions you wish to answer.

What is FlameKeeping?
Why is it called FlameKeeping?
Why is the 'K' capitalized?
Do I have to burn a candle?
What are the core beliefs?
Is the Dark Flame negative?
 
Are there any holidays?
What rituals or practices are involved?
Is there any kind of moral code, Rede, or Commandments?
What is FK's view on magic?

What is required to be a FlameKeeper?
Are there any purity rituals or requirements?
If everything is sacred, what do I eat for lunch?
How can [insert icky thing or disagreeable person] be sacred?

Is FlameKeeping compatible with [insert religion here]?
Who are the FK gods?
Is it Celtic?

Is FK liberal or conservative?
What is FK's stance on [insert social/political issue]?
What if I disagree with another FlameKeeper's position/opinion?

Can I be a solitary FlameKeeper?
What do FlameKeepers actually *do*?
There are so many essays, how do I manage?
When will FlameKeeping be finished?
How do I get started?

comW

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 60
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;12001
Here is a list of questions we came up with in chat. Now all the FlameKeepers can help out by signing up to answer one or more questions! I think an answer and links to any appropriate essays would be great.

Just reply with any of the questions you wish to answer.

What is FlameKeeping?
Why is it called FlameKeeping?
Why is the 'K' capitalized?
Do I have to burn a candle?
What are the core beliefs?
Is the Dark Flame negative?
 
Are there any holidays?
What rituals or practices are involved?
Is there any kind of moral code, Rede, or Commandments?
What is FK's view on magic?

What is required to be a FlameKeeper?
Are there any purity rituals or requirements?
If everything is sacred, what do I eat for lunch?
How can [insert icky thing or disagreeable person] be sacred?

Is FlameKeeping compatible with [insert religion here]?
Who are the FK gods?
Is it Celtic?

Is FK liberal or conservative?
What is FK's stance on [insert social/political issue]?
What if I disagree with another FlameKeeper's position/opinion?

Can I be a solitary FlameKeeper?
What do FlameKeepers actually *do*?
There are so many essays, how do I manage?
When will FlameKeeping be finished?
How do I get started?

Answer yes
Steve - ComW

try and find me in the MUX. It does happen

Devo

  • Master Member
  • ******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 346
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Re: Community Project: Building an FAQ
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:20 pm »
Quote from: FierFlye;12001
Here is a list of questions we came up with in chat. Now all the FlameKeepers can help out by signing up to answer one or more questions! I think an answer and links to any appropriate essays would be great.

 
I just wanted to say that I like all of those questions, but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable answering any of them yet (or signing up for one). I'm willing to help with answering some- the one I could probably give the most info on is "How does FK compare to Kemeticism". I could potentially help with another comparing FK to Shintoism.

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
43 Replies
4387 Views
Last post November 02, 2013, 10:13:39 am
by Sage
0 Replies
768 Views
Last post April 01, 2014, 10:15:45 am
by Sage
0 Replies
610 Views
Last post April 06, 2014, 09:17:07 am
by Gilbride
2 Replies
4926 Views
Last post June 25, 2017, 02:16:52 pm
by SunflowerP
14 Replies
1830 Views
Last post April 05, 2017, 06:21:14 pm
by Yei

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall