collapse

Author Topic: Breathing new life into this SIG  (Read 3213 times)

Morriazh

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Breathing new life into this SIG
« on: August 01, 2016, 05:48:24 am »
Hi all still looking at the FlameKeeping SIG ;)

I've been here for a week now and I've been reading old FlameKeeping posts and additional posts on the beginner-friendly boards. Trying to get more knowledge of both  FlameKeeping and additional pagan "religions". However, FlameKeeping is definitely the one, that resonates best with me.

I think it's a shame that this SIG has dissipated. Therefore, I would ask you all, if you would think it a good idea, that I tried to liven it up a bit. I have purchased the book by HeartShadow "Kindling Our Stars". I intent to read the book and use the prompts to start up new threads on this SIG. Might be me answering the prompts, asking additional questions or maybe writing an essay, which I see has been very popular with FlameKeeping before.

So do you think, this would be a good idea or am I overstepping some unwritten boundaries, I haven't heard of or read about yet?
Furthermore, if you are okay with it and you have suggestions, as to how I could breathe new life into this SIG, I'm more than happy to receive suggestions.

Good day to you all! :)

Morriazh

SunflowerP

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: Calgary AB
  • Posts: 8121
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 222
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Re: Breathing new life into this SIG
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »
Quote from: Morriazh;194603
I think it's a shame that this SIG has dissipated. Therefore, I would ask you all, if you would think it a good idea, that I tried to liven it up a bit. I have purchased the book by HeartShadow "Kindling Our Stars". I intent to read the book and use the prompts to start up new threads on this SIG. Might be me answering the prompts, asking additional questions or maybe writing an essay, which I see has been very popular with FlameKeeping before.

So do you think, this would be a good idea or am I overstepping some unwritten boundaries, I haven't heard of or read about yet?
Furthermore, if you are okay with it and you have suggestions, as to how I could breathe new life into this SIG, I'm more than happy to receive suggestions.

 
Please do! And the approach you're already planning is the one I would have suggested.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Morriazh

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Jul 2016
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Breathing new life into this SIG
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 03:30:05 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;194625
Please do! And the approach you're already planning is the one I would have suggested.

Sunflower

 
I will continue as planned then. Now I just need the book. It'll arrive sometime late this month. It has to come all the way from the US to little Denmark, so it takes some time.

Thanks Sunflower.

acidrica

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 36
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Breathing new life into this SIG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »
Quote from: Morriazh;194673
I will continue as planned then. Now I just need the book. It'll arrive sometime late this month. It has to come all the way from the US to little Denmark, so it takes some time.

Thanks Sunflower.

 
I have the book, and I'd love to participate here more!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
4 Replies
798 Views
Last post May 13, 2013, 10:57:44 pm
by Jenett
10 Replies
1764 Views
Last post May 21, 2013, 01:01:43 am
by crazyharry
9 Replies
950 Views
Last post August 02, 2013, 11:34:51 am
by Oíche
11 Replies
3869 Views
Last post December 29, 2014, 11:13:08 pm
by Altair
10 Replies
1072 Views
Last post August 14, 2015, 04:20:32 pm
by 70sWoodstock

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Co-Hosts:
LyricFox & Randall

Senior Staff:
Darkhawk

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Sunflower

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Board Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, HarpingHawke, Jenett, Morag, rocquelaire, Sefiru

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Reserve Staff:
Aisling

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Cauldron Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]

Site Assistants
[Non-Staff Positions]
Webmaster:
Randall