Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:21:31 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Author Topic: Baby Steps and Spring Cleaning  (Read 15263 times)

Fausta

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Steps and Spring Cleaning
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;105631
This is, of course, the problem with a clean house.  F'ex, my upstairs hallway is immaculate, but every time I open the linen closet I notice a major contrast.

Time to empty the closet!

Did you start with the closet?

We're advancing very slowly with the walls, but then again we're in no hurry to get to the point of advancing to the kitchen cupboards and replacing them. Getting THAT done isn't even something we can that much afford, not before we do and get paid for one performance/art happening in the summer. :p

Anyway, we did find a door or rather the doorway boarded up and now we're pondering what to do with it. Make it a hidden doorway through to our library, make it an in-wall shelf for kitche-ny stuff or get a door-sized glass and use the space in the wall for dust-free place to put some of my ceramic works in?

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:00 am »
Quote from: Fausta;106839
Did you start with the closet?

No.  I started with the hallway...which is probably the issue.  

My goal for this week is to get that damned closet cleaned out and reorganized.
Fluid Morality - my spiritual blog
Eating Monsters - my mental health blog

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"I hate magical thinking in my magic." - Darkhawk
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Baby Steps and Spring Cleaning
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2013, 12:35:47 pm »
Quote from: Fausta;106839
Anyway, we did find a door or rather the doorway boarded up and now we're pondering what to do with it. Make it a hidden doorway through to our library, make it an in-wall shelf for kitche-ny stuff or get a door-sized glass and use the space in the wall for dust-free place to put some of my ceramic works in?

Secret passages are always the best answer, IMO.

Got white paint this weekend to take care of the scuffs the previous tenants left on the walls. Turns out it's the wrong white, so I guess we'll try that again next weekend. We also got two more yellows to try in the bedroom.

We've got a bit of a problem in the craft room. We need more/better storage in there; we're planning to save up and get some of those new All-Access Rubbermaid bins, and maybe an Ikea expedit shelf for all the small things. But in the meantime, the room is disorganized and hard to work in. What are your best cheap/quick organization solutions for her notions and my paints?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2013, 02:25:04 pm »
Quote from: Jack;107042
Secret passages are always the best answer, IMO.

Got white paint this weekend to take care of the scuffs the previous tenants left on the walls. Turns out it's the wrong white, so I guess we'll try that again next weekend. We also got two more yellows to try in the bedroom.

We've got a bit of a problem in the craft room. We need more/better storage in there; we're planning to save up and get some of those new All-Access Rubbermaid bins, and maybe an Ikea expedit shelf for all the small things. But in the meantime, the room is disorganized and hard to work in. What are your best cheap/quick organization solutions for her notions and my paints?

All my painting stuff is in those small stackable plastic boxes you can get quite cheaply. There are different sizes, which is handy, although at some point I need a better permanent solution. I like the look of those Rubbermaid thingies, now that you mention them.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
Quote from: Sophia Catherine;107055
All my painting stuff is in those small stackable plastic boxes you can get quite cheaply. There are different sizes, which is handy, although at some point I need a better permanent solution. I like the look of those Rubbermaid thingies, now that you mention them.

Right now we mostly have largish stackable bins, which are a little... chaotic for stuff we want to use regularly. Smaller ones might help, she has a lot of little things that get lost as is. We still need somewhere to put the small bins though, hmm.

(Why does this have to be so hard? XD)
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2013, 03:57:16 pm »
Quote from: Jack;107061
Right now we mostly have largish stackable bins, which are a little... chaotic for stuff we want to use regularly. Smaller ones might help, she has a lot of little things that get lost as is. We still need somewhere to put the small bins though, hmm.

(Why does this have to be so hard? XD)

I'm rather fond of those bins on wheels - they look like a two-drawer file cabinet, but the drawers are plastic-bin-like.

"Religion does not define a deity- it defines the human approach and interpretation of deity." - Juni
"...a baseball club; a soccer unkindness; a hockey murder; a football team..." - Cecil, Welcome to Night Vale

veggiewolf

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2013, 12:28:25 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;105631
This is, of course, the problem with a clean house.  F'ex, my upstairs hallway is immaculate, but every time I open the linen closet I notice a major contrast.

Time to empty the closet!

The linen closet is now clean!!!!

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »
Quote from: veggiewolf;110144
The linen closet is now clean!!!!

Woot! :thup:

I think we're probably done for this year. There are two boxes that still need to find a home, but otherwise, things are feeling much cleaner, tidier and more organized. Very glad I started this. Nice work, veggie. (Now don't do it again next year, or I might cry.)
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

rocquelaire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Gaelic Polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Baby Steps and Spring Cleaning
« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2013, 02:22:20 pm »
Quote from: Sophia Catherine;110145
Woot! :thup:

I think we're probably done for this year. There are two boxes that still need to find a home, but otherwise, things are feeling much cleaner, tidier and more organized. Very glad I started this. Nice work, veggie. (Now don't do it again next year, or I might cry.)

I've done most of my house but now I have to move on to the black hole that is my bedroom. Whenever we can't think of somewhere to put something it goes into our bedroom so it's very cluttered. We need to de-clutter and get new bedroom furniture to make space for a cot for the baby. I've been putting it off because I have until September lol but it's time to bite the bullet and get on with it. If I disappear from the board it means the monster under the bed got me!

Tags: