Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Family: Unwanted guest  (Read 3069 times)

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Religious witchcraft/Gaelic polytheist
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Unwanted guest
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:05:46 am »
So my genius boyfriend and father of my children felt the need to invite a guy that he used to work with to stay with us.. without asking me. I'm close to giving birth to our 2nd daughter and a full time student. We have a 3 year old too and I stay home with her for half the day. Our resources are beyond tapped, plus we don't have the nursery ready yet (the floor he is sleeping on) and that needs to be a number one priority.  Plus, this really hasn't been the most comfortable pregnancy for me.

Also, the guy over heard my boyfriend and I have an argument about it so he knows I'm not comfortable. Awkward, but also..why are you still here? I can't imagine that this is his best option, he is from a town a couple hours out and we live in a college town with plenty of people his age. I would assume he would know someone other than a young, stressed couple about to have another baby. I can't imagine why he would want to stay with us...

Since that clearly isn't uncomfortable enough I guess I'm just going to have to make things less comfortable. I tried bad reality television, that didn't work. I'm thinking some early morning vacuuming might help.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:10:51 pm by RandallS »
"Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people."

- W.B. Yeats

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
Re: Unwanted guest
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 01:05:09 pm »
So my genius boyfriend and father of my children felt the need to invite a guy that he used to work with to stay with us.. without asking me. I'm close to giving birth to our 2nd daughter and a full time student. We have a 3 year old too and I stay home with her for half the day. Our resources are beyond tapped, plus we don't have the nursery ready yet (the floor he is sleeping on) and that needs to be a number one priority.  Plus, this really hasn't been the most comfortable pregnancy for me.

Also, the guy over heard my boyfriend and I have an argument about it so he knows I'm not comfortable. Awkward, but also..why are you still here? I can't imagine that this is his best option, he is from a town a couple hours out and we live in a college town with plenty of people his age. I would assume he would know someone other than a young, stressed couple about to have another baby. I can't imagine why he would want to stay with us...

Since that clearly isn't uncomfortable enough I guess I'm just going to have to make things less comfortable. I tried bad reality television, that didn't work. I'm thinking some early morning vacuuming might help.

Any suggestions?

Could you just tell him you need him out of the nursery by a certain date?  Maybe give him a week and let him know all about his options?  If he has a job, that should be a no contest. 

You could do some cleansing and see if that pushes him out through energetics, but I think best would be to just let boyfriend and dude know his time is up. 

Also, hopefully boyfriend knows now that this isn't the way you make decisions in a partnership?

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 01:30:21 pm »

Could you just tell him you need him out of the nursery by a certain date?  Maybe give him a week and let him know all about his options?  If he has a job, that should be a no contest. 

You could do some cleansing and see if that pushes him out through energetics, but I think best would be to just let boyfriend and dude know his time is up. 

Also, hopefully boyfriend knows now that this isn't the way you make decisions in a partnership?

Yeah, the guy was avoiding me because he knew I was uncomfortable, which irritated me even more. I'm the one you're asking for help and you can't sit down with me and give me a plan? Plus, he was sleeping all day until he had to go to work (if he worked that day) and playing video games until late, which annoyed me. So I finally just told my boyfriend that I really wasn't comfortable and I didn't feel right about the situation at all. He told him he had to leave.

The bigger problem was my boyfriend not discussing it with me, but he seems to understand now that he was wrong. So

- W.B. Yeats

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:34:33 pm »
Yeah, the guy was avoiding me because he knew I was uncomfortable, which irritated me even more. I'm the one you're asking for help and you can't sit down with me and give me a plan? Plus, he was sleeping all day until he had to go to work (if he worked that day) and playing video games until late, which annoyed me. So I finally just told my boyfriend that I really wasn't comfortable and I didn't feel right about the situation at all. He told him he had to leave.

The bigger problem was my boyfriend not discussing it with me, but he seems to understand now that he was wrong. So

I accidentally hit send before I finished... the situation is okay now between my boyfriend and I.

- W.B. Yeats

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:12:53 pm »
I accidentally hit send before I finished... the situation is okay now between my boyfriend and I.

If you have a green thumb and want to, this balance spell is quite handy.  My house is filled to the brim with plants, several of which I've performed this spell on with excellent results.

For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

MamaThistle

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:18:14 pm »
If you have a green thumb and want to, this balance spell is quite handy.  My house is filled to the brim with plants, several of which I've performed this spell on with excellent results.

I don't necessarily have a green thump but I try ;). I think I'll give this a go, thank you!

- W.B. Yeats

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

I don't necessarily have a green thump but I try ;). I think I'll give this a go, thank you!

Well there's varying degrees of green thumb, but it's worth a try!  Hope it helps :)
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Tags: